• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey, Congrats. I also got my interview for Dec 16th :) And am in NY too!

The letter is so weird, doesn't say interview letter. It says come to the office and then where, when etc. A separate page contains the things we should bring to the appointment! I hope this is the interview appointment letter :)

Yeah lipna that's interview letter. What time is your appointment? Actually we have the same day, I am at 7:30 am.

@dalerpulatov, congratulations.. I think you misunderstood the sentence. I rephrase according to my understanding: "In case you have been charged and dismissed with no court records, you have to go to court and get a certificate saying that no court records are available".

Guys, one of the people i would be considering to write an affidavit of support later is a PR. How much is the minimum salary he's expected to have? Is it different from that of a citizen who was not born in the US?

thank you for your answer, now I understood that I don't have to do any court records and just ignore the statement :)

Yo!!!!!!!
How are you all doing?????

I got the biometrics done on November 10!! And I just got in the mail my letter of INTERVIEWWW!!!! YAY! AM so HAPPY!!!!

i have to finish reading the last ten pages of the thread and then I will detail the attachement letter I got. it might be helpful for some of u.
this is so exciting!!! Good luck for all of u fellas!

wow this is miracle. I, you and lipna are on the same day... You and lipna I believe going to Federal Plaza no? What time is your appointment?

a little update, I sent the package yesterday with 2020 usd check for me and my wife.......

umuteren, good to hear.
I hope you sent two checks of $1010 each and not a single check for $2020. USCIS prefers having the documents and the checks separate for each applicant, even if you send them in the same envelope to Chicago.

Ladies and gentlemen:

As I promised I am gonna attach you the list of docs for interview;

1) Furnish the ORIGINAL receipt of the paid required fee of $375.00 to the Department of State. (in my case it's $440).
2) Furnish the ORIGINAL certified copy of your birth, marriage and divorce certificate(s) if applicable.
3) If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so.
4) Provide the ORIGINAL award letter from the Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center.
5) Furnish proof of eligibility for Section 245(i)(properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)(if applicable).
6) Furnish the following ORIGINALS to complete the eligibility requirements for your 2010 (which supposed to be 2011) Diversity Lottery Application:

a. Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a 12th year education in the US.
-or-
b. A qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years, that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. (online.onetcenter.org will help you determine if your job qualifies. Your job must be a SVP 7 or higher)

7) Furnish an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and Federal Income Tax returns or an ORIGINAL Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head, W2's and Federal Income Tax returns for the current year.

8) Furnish proof of maintaining continuous legal status in the US.

9) Furnish a completed and signed Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, Form I693 in a sealed envelope. Page 2 of the medical is incomplete.

Comment on doc 9: Honestly, my freaking civil surgeon messed up my I693 by not filling page two, as I just realized. Now I have to go there and request a new I693 in sealed envelope ;(

wow this is miracle. I, you and lipna are on the same day... You and lipna I believe going to Federal Plaza no? What time is your appointment?

It looks like all New York applicants who already had their biometrics taken, are going to have their interview on December 16. That's four people by my count. Congratulations to all of you.
Most likely you are all going to be at the same field office and have interviews with the same officer. I noticed that people from the same FO tend to have their interviews on the same day (if they are all past biometrics, of course). I think that each FO reserves specific days for DV cases.

Ladies and gentlemen:

As I promised I am gonna attach you the list of docs for interview;
8) Furnish proof of maintaining continuous legal status in the US.

Thanks for posting. How are you gonna prove (8)? Is a list of I-20's enough in the case of an F1 student or they need school good standing letters, transcripts,...

Congratulations New York guys & gals :)

umuteren, good to hear.
I hope you sent two checks of $1010 each and not a single check for $2020. USCIS prefers having the documents and the checks separate for each applicant, even if you send them in the same envelope to Chicago.

Hey baobab,
I didnt know that ... I sent a one check that was clearly written on it that it is for 2 persons. Anyway, I hope everything would be ok ....

Yes I-20s are the proof of legal status together with latest I-94 for F-1 students.

Thanks for posting. How are you gonna prove (8)? Is a list of I-20's enough in the case of an F1 student or they need school good standing letters, transcripts,...

Congratulations New York guys & gals :)

Regarding police report for the interview:

what if I had a ticket for driving over speed limit? Do you think I need to "furnish the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL, certified Final Court Deposition"? Or traffic violations do not count? Hmmm....

I hope so feel. I just read on 2009 aos thread that somebody was returned his package because of sending one check... wow what a stupid mistake !! I did

Yo!!!!!
it is a miracle!!!!
Yep, Federal Plaza at 10:30am but i ll be there early. I hope we can all meet there!!!
I will detail the attached letter tomorow for sure.
Best of luck to all of us!!

@dalerpulatov, congratulations.. I think you misunderstood the sentence. I rephrase according to my understanding: "In case you have been charged and dismissed with no court records, you have to go to court and get a certificate saying that no court records are available".

Guys, one of the people i would be considering to write an affidavit of support later is a PR. How much is the minimum salary he's expected to have? Is it different from that of a citizen who was not born in the US?

Nope, it will be the same guideline when comparing it to the poverty level. But for PR, (whichever is applies to him/her on #1a-1e of the I-134 form) you will also have to provide additional supporting documents on top of the passport/offer letter/pay-stubs or W2

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding police report for the interview:

what if I had a ticket for driving over speed limit? Do you think I need to "furnish the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL, certified Final Court Deposition"? Or traffic violations do not count? Hmmm....

No you do not need to furnish ANYTHING for speeding tickets or traffic violation... anyways do not even volunteer this information since it is not needed.

Congrats to all the new york applicants!! It's so exciting that you all are going for the interview on the same day, i hope and pray that you all get approve together!!! =)

I got my BIOmetrics appointment at last !

Indeed I got 3 Letters

1. Referral for FD 258 Fingerprints: Fingerprints& Biometrics for ICMS, CODE 3 between 12-26 Nov. What does it mean CODE 3??

2. ASC Application Support Center Appointment Notice to have Biometrics Taken for 23 Nov. Why I have an appointment like that, different from item 1( Fingerprint&Biometrics appointment)?

AND

3rd Lettler : It is an appointment for "COMPLETION FOR AoS- DV CASE" @ 29 November with M. Vasquez

Is it an interview or what????

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so feel. I just read on 2009 aos thread that somebody was returned his package because of sending one check... wow what a stupid mistake !! I did

That's why I mentioned it in the first place. There were cases last year when the package was returned due to sending one check for multiple applicants.
On the other hand, this is a minor issue. It will just delay you a couple of weeks if they return your application. You can resubmit it the next day.