• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Summet,

It is great news. Did they say your case was
put in queue or in line? Just joking. It is good
that you didn't have to go to Alaska to kill time
after all. Only little more patience...

hey guys just back from the appointment from info-pass. I was told that my biometrics had been accepted which according to the IO was accepted from the record from my old file. All she told me was they have my old and my new file there. They have got my application and also the file from KCC, so they got what they needed. She added that my process is going smoothly and my case has been put in queue.

Hi chooti,

Without your DV case file from KCC your
field office cannot approve you. It is strange
that they call you for interview and they don't even
request your file. May be the immigration system
might need some improvements after all...

Good to hear...you will receive your interview appointment soon...our file has not yet been requested from KCC. I guess we won't get a decision on Monday itself.

Summet,

That is some good news I heard in a long time. I hope you get the interview letter soon!

hey guys just back from the appointment from info-pass. I was told that my biometrics had been accepted which according to the IO was accepted from the record from my old file. All she told me was they have my old and my new file there. They have got my application and also the file from KCC, so they got what they needed. She added that my process is going smoothly and my case has been put in queue.

Before biometrics they do not do much.
Most of the things are initiated by biometrics.

Please, provide information on your case:

Case number?
Field Office?
NOA date?

etc. etc.

Happy for you. you will get GC soon. You have had enough trouble.

I went to ASC center today and they told that they don't do biometrics before the scheduled date anymore. we can give only on the scheduled date or later. Anyway mine is 8/11.

Q-When do they send the file to field office? after the biometrics done or before?

Hi Summet,

It is great news. Did they say your case was
put in queue or in line? Just joking. It is good
that you didn't have to go to Alaska to kill time
after all. Only little more patience...

Hey Sumeet,

Great news. Glad to hear that things are falling in place. You see after hard work, you did it man.

I am still around and excited to leave for home. BTW, they have bumped all the medical fees which is almost like in US..I feel sorry for those back home who is earning in rupees and has to pay like in US.

Capeolive, Chooti, Nokira, Izzy and all....you guys are doing fabulous job.

Maila,

I assume you are excited to go home, take the time to relax and spend some good times with family and friends. I wish you all the luck!

I am still around and excited to leave for home. BTW, they have bumped all the medical fees which is almost like in US..I feel sorry for those back home who is earning in rupees and has to pay like in US.

Hey Sumeet,

Great news. Glad to hear that things are falling in place. You see after hard work, you did it man.

Good luck maila...hope everything will work well for you and your wife...

Hi capeolive,
Here is my signature. Should I get a interview letter by now when comparing to others signatures whose numbers current in Aug

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi winee10,

They do not send interview letters before biometrics.
They have "principles" they can be late but never early...

By the way thank you for your signature.

Hi capeolive,
Here is my signature. Should I get a interview letter by now when comparing to others signatures whose numbers current in Aug

Hi maila,

I don't know when you guys are leaving for your country
but have a safe trip and come back with your visas...

Don't forget to say goodbye before you leave and keep us posted...

Hey Sumeet,

Hi chooti,

Without your DV case file from KCC your
field office cannot approve you. It is strange
that they call you for interview and they don't even
request your file. May be the immigration system
might need some improvements after all...

This was not the norm past yrs. As soon as the CN came out as adv. notice and if the DoS fee has been already paid KCC sent it to FO.

This yr they seems to have changed, may be for some good reason. Lost files, confused IOs who do not know what that file is for etc etc. I think this step is SAFER, 'cos then KCC can adress it to specifically to the requesting officer (I think) and the chances of loss or confusion are minimum.
But...it is lot of anxiety for the applicants who do not get a decision right away.

Just give them the benefit of the doubt and just hope it is for your won good!

Good Luck!

This was not the norm past yrs. As soon as the CN came out as adv. notice and if the DoS fee has been already paid KCC sent it to FO.

This yr they seems to have changed, may be for some good reason. Lost files, confused IOs who do not know what that file is for etc etc. I think this step is SAFER, but lot of anxiety for the applicants who do not get a decision right away.
Give them the benefit of the doubt and just hope it is for your won good!

Good Luck!

Thanks for the wishes...hope something good will happen...

reposting from parent forum:
1. Is it possible to switch to Consular Processing after you've filed DS-122 with KCC specifying that you want to adjust status from within the US?
2. Is it possible to switch to Consular Processing after you've filed I-485 with USCIS?

A1. Possible, you should call and email KCC for the switch. It will be wise also
to send them a request letter via a courier service just in case.
A2. Technically after closing the filed I-485 it should be possible. This might take
a long time. You should call KCC to confirm.

In general CP is much complicated application than DV AOS.
In either case you should educate yourself on the process.

I should mention that without the details of one's case
it is very difficult to find a sound solution. The devil is in
the details.

If you post details of your case as signature we can be more helpful.
Like your case number, field office, time line etc. if you wish...

1. Is it possible to switch to Consular Processing after you've filed DS-122 with KCC specifying that you want to adjust status from within the US?
2. Is it possible to switch to Consular Processing after you've filed I-485 with USCIS?

@ chooti thanks for your wishes. I am glad that they told me they have got my files from KCC as well. According to the lady they have got all the document they needed, all they got to do is schedule my interview.
@ feel thanks for your wishes, The IO didnt mentioned the time to get the interview letter, but they way she told me, if the FO is efficient enough, I should be getting it in the week, coz she said that they have got all my file and the things are going smoothly.
@ winee Thanx winee, I just want the words of capeolive to come true "crack jokes about my experience". I dont really know they would stop doing that it might be that that particular office didnt wanted to do it at that time, anyways usually you get your interview letter after biometrics but Chooti got his/her before the bio, so wish you luck.
@ Capeolive, indeed its a great news, this was after a while I heard something positive about my case, And ya they just said my file is waiting for its turn. And thanx god I wasn't in alaska, I was afraid if i could make it on time however, I am in vegas for 3 days next week..ehhe..and I am thinking about going to the IRS and ask them about the retroactively filing the tax , but before that I would research some my byself this weekend to know what documents are needed, I would appreciate if any one can help on this.
@ Izzy120 thanx for your wishes, I Hope things will go in the right track this time.
@ maila- thanx a lot. I havent even got my interview letter yet and I am just excited overwhelmingly. BUt what can i do heard something positive on my case after such a long time. Howabout your case? how is it going so far. I am positive that you will have a nice experience out there with your green card case and with your trip as well.

yes to both.
in 1, you loose nothing
in 2, you loose the application fee

and in 2...if your KCC file is already with the FO, you have to coordinate with them, kcc and the embassy to transfer that file to the embassy.

Thanks Capeolive & Winee10

Thank you guys.

I do not think I will be able to get OPT card before I apply AOS. OPT takes 3 months to approve, which means I won't get my work permit until December. But seems like the safest bet would be OPT.

I have another concern: If I choose to apply OPT and not to apply EAD thru AOS, can my husband apply AOS EAD. I am a primary DV winner and he is a dependent. Do I need to apply AOS EAD in order for him to be eligible to apply EAD. Currently he is on F2 status. What do u guys think?

Thanks

Hey, Everyone
My biometric is schedule for tomorrow at 9 am at Jackson, MS.
I think i will be late for my i tomorrow as my flight got cancelled today and i don't think i can make it on time tomorrow. I think i will be late by 2 hours as i have to catch another flight tomorrow. Will it affect my biometric appointment. Will i still be able to take the Biometric or will they refuse it and abandon my case???? please do let me know
thanks