• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

@ Izzy120 Thank you so much! hopefully the interview will go smoothly!
@ Summet thank you very much Summet! It went unexpectedly fast, I never thought I could get the letter that quick, not after all the Infopass I have done where they lookied at me and went "Oh you still have time..."!
As per the LUD I have had none, I am still in acceptance from June 22nd on the website and I have done my biometrics 20 days ago.

Well shariifka we really feel should bad...!!!! Can you imagine that three days ago we were talking about Miami like it was the worst...
Congratulations on you rinterview letter! That is such a relief :)
I am not sure that I caught when is your interview???

LOL .... I know FrenchiC ... but maybe we should keep the praises for the final outcome, you never know what's in store for us . . . hopefully it's better than the infopass sessions! My interview's on the 25th but the letter looks creepy . . . I'll post an excerpt from it and see if people have something similar. Here goes . . . please note that no reference is made to the DV at all. There is more on marriage etc. that I haven't included.

Please come to this office at the time and place indicated in connection with an official immigration matter . . . .

DATE/TIME/PLACE GIVEN

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING (ALONG WITH PHOTOCOPIES)
1. Evidence of petitioner's status (original passport, alien card, naturalization certificate and/or U.S. birth certificate);
2. Original passport(s), with proof of entry, if applicable, and government issued photo identification for the beneficiary.
3. Evidence of the completed I-864 from the sponsor (if never submitted) or co-sponsor (if required);
4. Proof that the sponsor/co-sponsor is a US citizen or a LPR;
5. Current job letter w/copies of the most recent pay stubs or earning statements;
6. Most recent income tax return accompanied by W-2 or 1099 forms;
7. If you have ever been arrested, bring the related Police Report and the certified Final Court Disposition for each arrest even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no Police Report or Court Disposition is available, bring a letter from the Police Department or the the court with jurisdiction indicating this.

You are right shariifka we should definitely wait for praises but it's already a big woop for them for getting us the interview letter!
I got the same simple white paper letter with my name on top but my checklist is different with Original State departmentendorsed PAID, Photo ID, Passport + I94...
Weird!

@ FrenchiC ... do you mean the Receipt for the DV fee paid to DoS ($440 or $375 . . . depending on period of payment). If so, thats also weird because my DV fee paid to DoS only had a date stamp and some # scribbled with blue ink . . . no DoS endorsement or anything. I asked the DoS/KCC people many times but they said it's fine, as in that's how it should look like but as someone mentioned in a previous post, they were probably being thrifty with their ink and all . . . LOL, lets hope so. Also, the letter ended in the statement below.

THIS INTERVIEW MAY BE VIDEO RECORDED

Hey FrenchiC and everyone. . . guess what? Got my interview letter today too!!!! Miami . . . tricky place isn't it! It looks kinda weird though . . . . I was expecting the usual USCIS NOA's but seems different. It's a white paper with instructions on what to bring to the interview . . . I-864, Tax Returns etc.... Is this a standard template or what? No hi or hello Mr. X either . . . I hope they're not mad at me for calling every other day . . . :D

Congratulations shariifka!!!

Hey Feel! I'm just as curious!!! I'm beginning to think they have over looked the fact that my I-485 is based on the DV lottery and maybe thinking someone other than myself is petitioning for my immigration into the US. I'll find out through an infopass Monday. Has anyone else been asked for an I-864 .... anyone?

Hey guys,
I just have some question different than our discussion. My cousin's I20 expired on may the 31st and he didnt have no idea about it so he didnt do nothing about it then because he was transferring to the different college but now that he is going to do his sevis release, his new college is asking for the current I20 since the one he had was expired on may 30th. and now we are scared if his current college also wont do anything on his case? My question is is he out of status? is there anything that can be done now? I read at some place that the grace period is 60 days but now its been more than 60 days. any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hi winnerdv11,

If you want to you and your husband can
apply for EAD cards . They give them very
easily. It is also free. I should mention that
even though they give EAD and advance parole
for free and easily it would be wise not to use
them if possible. DV AOS process takes around
3 months. It would be better not to complicate
things...

Thank you guys.

I do not think I will be able to get OPT card before I apply AOS. OPT takes 3 months to approve, which means I won't get my work permit until December. But seems like the safest bet would be OPT.

I have another concern: If I choose to apply OPT and not to apply EAD thru AOS, can my husband apply AOS EAD. I am a primary DV winner and he is a dependent. Do I need to apply AOS EAD in order for him to be eligible to apply EAD. Currently he is on F2 status. What do u guys think?

Thanks

Hi insaneanil,

I am sure they won't make it a problem.
Good luck in your process...

Hey, Everyone
My biometric is schedule for tomorrow at 9 am at Jackson, MS.
I think i will be late for my i tomorrow as my flight got cancelled today and i don't think i can make it on time tomorrow. I think i will be late by 2 hours as i have to catch another flight tomorrow. Will it affect my biometric appointment. Will i still be able to take the Biometric or will they refuse it and abandon my case???? please do let me know
thanks

Hi FrenchiC,

Congratulations on receiving your interview letter.
Miami was not that bad after all. Your number
will be current in September. Probably they will
have to wait until September 1 to approve you.
I hope you can wait one more day.

You have my best wishes for the interview...

Hi everyone,

I got the pleasure of receiving my interview letter yesterday :) It appears that Miami office is not so bad...
They scheduled me for August 31st at 7.30am! I can't wait :eek:

Hi Capeolive,

What do you make of the developments in my case. Does the checklist for my interview look strange? I was unemployed at the time of filing I-485 (and will continue to be so until a week before my interview). But an I-864, isn't that usually for family members petitioning for would-be immigrants? Share your wisdom, once again :)

Hi suu5,

You'll see a soft LUD at your case status whether
today or tomorrow. Doing biometrics will initiate
the rest of the process. Don't worry and keep the
faith...

I'm done my Biometric.
But I don't know UCSIC awares of this my action.
I just called KCC and they told me CIS didn't request my file from them yet.
Maybe I should go infopass and ask them right? Or can I just walk-in there to ask my case process.
I want to know when is my file right now?

Hi winee10,

You might stop by Columbus ASC. If you see a different person
you can try it again. Sometimes it helps to go on a different day...

You are lucky to get your biometric done early. They asked me to come on scheduled date in Columbus, Oh uscis.

Hi shariifka,

Congratulations on your interview letter.
What is your interview date? May be it is
time to say some good things about Miami
Field Office.

The letter they sent you is a standard interview
letter, you can omit the things that does not apply
to your case...

Hey FrenchiC and everyone. . . guess what? Got my interview letter today too!!!! Miami . . . tricky place isn't it! It looks kinda weird though . . . . I was expecting the usual USCIS NOA's but seems different. It's a white paper with instructions on what to bring to the interview . . . I-864, Tax Returns etc.... Is this a standard template or what? No hi or hello Mr. X either . . . I hope they're not mad at me for calling every other day . . . :D

Thanks Capeolive!!! The date is 08/25. They put everything except the things that are concerned with the DV program (NL, DoS fees etc). My post above yours asks a question regarding I-864 (I saw you online and was like ... OMG, the AOS guru, gotta ask Capeolive something ... LOL). Do you think it has something to do with my employment status?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi shariifka,

As I said that's the standard letter. It is in their
system and most of the time they do not send
a case specific interview letters. Just don't worry
about the parts that does not relate to you, like
I-864 etc. It would be wise to get an I-134 if
possible. It is late in the process you don't want
to lose any time because of something that they
may end up requiring...

LOL .... I know FrenchiC ... but maybe we should keep the praises for the final outcome, you never know what's in store for us . . . hopefully it's better than the infopass sessions! My interview's on the 25th but the letter looks creepy . . . I'll post an excerpt from it and see if people have something similar. Here goes . . . please note that no reference is made to the DV at all. There is more on marriage etc. that I haven't included.

Please come to this office at the time and place indicated in connection with an official immigration matter . . . .

DATE/TIME/PLACE GIVEN

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING (ALONG WITH PHOTOCOPIES)
1. Evidence of petitioner's status (original passport, alien card, naturalization certificate and/or U.S. birth certificate);
2. Original passport(s), with proof of entry, if applicable, and government issued photo identification for the beneficiary.
3. Evidence of the completed I-864 from the sponsor (if never submitted) or co-sponsor (if required);
4. Proof that the sponsor/co-sponsor is a US citizen or a LPR;
5. Current job letter w/copies of the most recent pay stubs or earning statements;
6. Most recent income tax return accompanied by W-2 or 1099 forms;
7. If you have ever been arrested, bring the related Police Report and the certified Final Court Disposition for each arrest even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no Police Report or Court Disposition is available, bring a letter from the Police Department or the the court with jurisdiction indicating this.

Last edited by a moderator: