• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello
Can you tell me what is this 2nd NL letter.
I have not got 2nd NL yet but I have already paid DV fee for AOS.
Thanks

Hello maskey2010:
Can you come to DV 2011 AoS Only thread? We can discuss this issue there. 2NL is not mandatory but is sent by the KCC to confirm your intention to do AOS. By the way, when are you going to be current?

I didn't know abt 2011 AOS thread. Thanks for letting me know. Well I am hoping for my number to be current in 2 or 3 months. My case number is 21XXX. I see lot of user in this forum talking about 2NL, so I got confused.

Back after 2 YEARS

Hello everybody

I entered USA on Jan 2009, this forum helped me alot.

even though i was bombared with many questions during my interview but i got the visa within a week.

My advice to the Greencard Lottery winners is to read various thread in this forum and learn as much as you can
(u never know what does your interview has in store for you)

feel free to email me
Good luck

dv-2012...son living in another country..need help please!

My aunt and her two children are selected for further processing for the dv-lottery 2012.Last year when she applied, her son was 20 years old (he is 21 now) and I think he is eligible to go to US with his mother but at the moment he is living in another country, in western Europe and the lawyer there has promised him that he will have his permanent papers pretty soon. Meanwhile my aunt has to fill out form ds-230 for both of her children. Her son doesn't want to risk and go to his home country because he says what if they don't get the visa! My question is: Should my aunt fill out form ds-230 for her son if he doesn't want to go or no? When she goes to the interview at the embassy is it going to be a problem that her son is not going to be there because when she applied for dv-lottery she entered her son's name also? Does she need to show any proof to the embassy that her son is not living in his home country? Can somebody help me please with these questions? It's been 9 days since my aunt has received the notice and she needs to fill out the forms as quickly as possible. Thank you!

Last year when she applied, her son was 20 years old (he is 21 now) and I think he is eligible to go to US with his mother but at the moment he is living in another country, in western Europe and the lawyer there has promised him that he will have his permanent papers pretty soon.
As far as I know every person that wants a visa must attend the interview. If she attends without him, she will get a visa but he won't. I had the same situation as your aunt. I completed the forms as if both my children would be at the interview. In the end, one could not be there, so I attended with my other child only. We received our visas, but the child that did not attend, did not get a visa. The fact that one child was not there was not an issue for the staff at the consulate - they just deal with the people that do turn up for the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
HigH CN 2012AF7****

Hi folks,
i have a quick question for a friend and any help/suggestions will be appreciated.
His CN 2010AF7****, oklahoma city would be his local USCIS office.
He used the AOS route, what are the chances of him being current and getting the interview before September? Again case number is 2010AF7****

I have been selected for further processing for DV 2012 and i am currently in the US under F-1 OPT. I was wondering what the outcome for the high 2010 CN was. Do i have a chance of getting the GC via AOS with such a high number?

Superkruz thank you for your response...So if my aunt goes for the interview she doesn't have to show any proof that her son is not in the country? I think she is going to fill out only forms for her and her daughter, not her son!

Thank you for your answer!

He turned 21 in June of 2012 and he qualifies. If you read "Instructions for Selectees" it says: Family members refer only to your spouse and unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery.
My question is: is there going to be a problem if he is not going to be there for the interview and does his mother need to show any proof to the embassy that her son is not in the country? In her dv-230 she of course is going to put all her children.... I think she doesn't need to fill out a separate dv-230 form for her son.

P.S I don't think I am being disrespectful to anybody. The reason I posted here was because I needed some help quickly...I created a new thread but that wasn't that much help. This is my first time writing here and I thought maybe somebody who has been through the same situation would give me some help.. I thought there are some profesional people here also!

I have been selected for further processing for DV 2012 and i am currently in the US under F-1 OPT. I was wondering what the outcome for the high 2010 CN was. Do i have a chance of getting the GC via AOS with such a high number?
I am unsure about the AOS process as I did CP. My number was AF73xxx and I received a visa in DV2010, so there is still hope for you I guess