• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks everyone. I have no words to mention how helpful this forum was to me. I wish good luck to all 2011 applicants. I hope WithGod also ended up with approval...thanks again...

AOS and current in september?

I am curious if anybody whose case number became current in September 2010 and got green card approval through AOS. I know most if not all with a high case number go for CP, but am just curious whether AOS has any chance of working for folks with high CN (like >AS30000).

Thanks!

Goodbye everybody!!!!
I hope at the end you all got your cards
and I wish you great life with the new status.
Enjoy and use it as better as you can.

Thank you all for help and being around and
for all support you gave.
Special help to capeolive. I think you are
a super star of this forum :D:D:D
I wish you all the best!!!!!

Goodbye my friends!
Best of luck!!!

Hey guys..Hope you all gonna get your cards soon..
I just have a question. I am a Green Card holder from Central Asia. I am planning on getting married in June 2011 to a girl from my country, and I want to bring her with me to the United States. But I don't know what is the best way to get her here and as quickly as possible. Because I have to be here by the end of August 2011 for my school and I want my wife to come with me. Please help me on this!! Thank you, best of luck to every one of you!..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
It looks like by the end of the fiscal yr 2010. it time for me as well to say good bye to the forum.
I have been in this forum for more than 15 months however, i am browsing this forum more
actively since may 2010. I have got a whole lot of support from the members here in the forum
and its even hard to name all of them. I will just say all the forum members here have been like
a family to me helping me out in the tough times. Some one told me " hold on to what you have;
never know when u can crack jokes of your bad experience" .for this 15 months of the process.
i went through many ups and downs. Hired the lawyer to do the process, got rejected because of
her mis guidence.and all other stuffs that I dont even want to remember. I got so busy thinking
about this process that i even
forgot that I am a full time F1 status. This year wasnt very good for my studies.However with all
the valuable suggestions I got in this forum, I was able to get my GC approved on 25th of August. God has been great.
Now i have to give some time to my studies so that I can graduate this sem. I want to pay my
last visit to this site. I hope all the new comer will go through this forum and learn the stories and the
process that many of us has been through. There is a hidden treasure inside the forum. there is something
for every body here in this forum, you just haveto dig enough. Whatever kind ofproblem one will have, I am positive about the fact that we would have discusses about it in some page with in this forum. SO, best of luck to all ya 2011 ppl. now its turn for you new
generation to help each other. capeolive already put the number of posts in ascending order showing how the
number grew. we would like this number grow even more this year.......best of luck....
IN GOD WE TRUST,....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
I must say this forum helped me a lot throughout my AOS process. Thanks to everyone who have been supportive throughout this fiscal year. I was a pleasure reading all the valuable posts from different people. I wish best of luck for their future for the one who already have their green card and also to the ones who been selected for the DV lottery 2011.
Thanks to everyone. :)

Good Bye !!!

Hi guys,

I just came back from home getting green card. CP went smooth like charm. I am so glad that I decided to change from AOS to CP. Believe me, it was not that easy decision to make but when we went to interview in US embassy they were really nice and friendly. I want to thank Capeolive, NuvF,Chooti, Sumeet, Newone and all other people in this forum who helped me all the way. It's been wonderful journey of about an year which ended beautifully. I will visit this forum once in a while to help out. Finally, we are Legal permanent resident. Thank you guys for your help and support. I will miss this forum. Good luck to all and god bless us.

Hi maila:
Could you please share your interview experience? Did you take police reports from USA to do the CP.

Hi guys,

I just came back from home getting green card. CP went smooth like charm. I am so glad that I decided to change from AOS to CP. Believe me, it was not that easy decision to make but when we went to interview in US embassy they were really nice and friendly. I want to thank Capeolive, NuvF,Chooti, Sumeet, Newone and all other people in this forum who helped me all the way. It's been wonderful journey of about an year which ended beautifully. I will visit this forum once in a while to help out. Finally, we are Legal permanent resident. Thank you guys for your help and support. I will miss this forum. Good luck to all and god bless us.

Hi maila:
Could you please share your interview experience? Did you take police reports from USA to do the CP.

Feel. No you don't need police report from US. You will need police report from any other country where you lived more than 6 months after 16 years of age and you will also need police report from your home country or country from where you will be doing CP. Good luck.

Maila:
Please share you interview experience with us. What did they ask you and that sort of things... How long did it go?

Feel. No you don't need police report from US. You will need police report from any other country where you lived more than 6 months after 16 years of age and you will also need police report from your home country or country from where you will be doing CP. Good luck.

Hi guys,

Maila, so glad to hear that your interview went so well.

It was good interacting with all of you. I hope I did my part too.

This forum taught and helped me A LOT.

Thank you all and have a good life!

Ciao!

Daima, it was a real pleasure sharing this experience with you and many others.

I wish you the best!

A Farewell to the Friends!

Hi Friends,

As it is said "All good things must come to an end!"
This is my last post, I do not intent to make another
one. That's it for me.

It has been seven months since I joined the forum.
Even though I had read DV 2008, DV 2009 threads
and was following DV 2010 thread I only joined at end
of February 2010 after my DV application was accepted.

I read my first immigration book in 1995 and before
this DV AOS application had had 3 previous applications.
The irony is that I have rights from birth to US Citizenship.
Due to the facts that were out of my control no application
was done on my behalf. Since it would take around eight
years, I have not followed that route. My last application
had been pending for six years. When I learned that I won
DV 2010, I decided to withdraw my pending EB 3 application
and file DV AOS application.

Since I was grandfathered under section 245 (i) I could not
leave US and my family did not have visas I have decided
to do DV AOS for myself in US and DV CP (FTJ) for my family
in Turkey. I should mention that it is very rare.

Even though most of the lawyers I have talked to told me that
I was not eligible and USCIS has not given me a straight forward
answer on my eligibility, after my search I have decided to take
the risk. It has been a very tough seven months for me.

Thank God, at the end I and my family as one AOS and three CP
got our cards on time before the fiscal year ended. We have a
new challenge now to learn to live as a family anew. May God
help us doing that.

First of all, I thank each and every one of you who has been
supporting me in public and in private with good wishes and
prayers.

I thank the host of the forum Mr. Khanna and his staff,
thank you for having this free public forum.

I thank the public servants of the US Government who
have helped me when I needed the most.

I thank the seniors of DV 2008 AOS Only and DV 2009
AOS Only threads, I learned a lot from you guys.

I also thank members of DV 2010 AOS Only thread.
I won't mention any names not to forget to mention
anyone. I have probably liked some of you more than
the others and some of you may be have not like me
as much. Despite ups and downs this thread has been
"home" to me.

After joining the forum I have decided that it would be
"the right thing" just to stick around and to "pay it forward"
by helping the applicants out until the end of this Fiscal Year.
Later I have decided to do it even if I didn't get the card for
one reason or another. I have forced my conditions to be able
to keep my promise.

Some statistics, posts in previous DV threads until end of FY:
DV 2007 AOS Only 23 pages,
DV 2008 AOS Only 67 pages,
DV 2009 AOS Only 76 pages,
DV 2010 AOS Only 256 + pages
So, hopefully we have done our part this FY.

As they say "All good things must come to an end!"

Farewell my dear friends...

...on my last day, I should end my words as follows:

Praise be to God who has sent
Moses with Torah,
Jesus with Bible,
Muhammad with Qur'an.
God is the One and Only.
There is no deity except Him...

Capeolive, I am honestly happy that you and your family have a happy ending. It's been a tough journey but now you can relax and enjoy your brand new status. You have been an amazing help for so many.

All the best to you and your family!

Good Bye

Well, the FY2010 got to an end and I too am leaving the forum not before saying thanks to every one for all the help and support.

I wish FY2011 filers good luck, please read the forums for FY2009 and FY2010 and you'll learn a lot!

Best of luck to everyone!

Maila:
Please share you interview experience with us. What did they ask you and that sort of things... How long did it go?

Nothing much. Just asked what we do and where we will stay and how we are going to support ourselves. We both have job and we live in US so was not problem.

Hi every one,

Can anyone help me?

I want to know what is "List item #3, Copy of government-issued photo identification", in the list of documents filed to support the I-485. I don't have my ID from my country. Can I use ID made in the U.S. such as state ID, or driver's license?

One more question, I read the thread and learn that you guys'd discussed lots of the differece of DV fees ($440). Did anyone who filed after July 13, 2010 had to pay the difference of ($65). I paid only $ 375 in June, didn't know this. That means I have to make another paymant of $65.

Thank you,

2nd NL

Hello
I have send the DV fee and I got the receipt but I have not got 2nd NL. what is this second Notification letter? why I did not get it till now?

IMO, 2nd NL is just an acknowledgment of receipt of DSP122 indicating AoS.
No connection to the fee. You may pay it sooner or later but MUST take the receipt to the intvw. Not even required with the initial i-485 filing.
Just that KCC will not transfer the DV file with them to FO later on if you have not paid it.

And those AoS ppl who are worried about 2nd NL, its just not any value for the subsequent i-485 filing.

Best!