• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Interview Letter

Hi everyone,

I got the pleasure of receiving my interview letter yesterday :) It appears that Miami office is not so bad...
They scheduled me for August 31st at 7.30am! I can't wait :eek:

Hi insaneanil
When we tried for walk in biometric the other day, they told us to come on the scheduled day. Also said it is ok to come early or later than the time scheduled or even next week. So I think there will not be a problem for you. Anyway take any documentation (flight gate pass or something) to prove why u are late.

Hey, Everyone
My biometric is schedule for tomorrow at 9 am at Jackson, MS.
I think i will be late for my i tomorrow as my flight got cancelled today and i don't think i can make it on time tomorrow. I think i will be late by 2 hours as i have to catch another flight tomorrow. Will it affect my biometric appointment. Will i still be able to take the Biometric or will they refuse it and abandon my case???? please do let me know
thanks

Hey, Everyone
My biometric is schedule for tomorrow at 9 am at Jackson, MS.
I think i will be late for my i tomorrow as my flight got cancelled today and i don't think i can make it on time tomorrow. I think i will be late by 2 hours as i have to catch another flight tomorrow. Will it affect my biometric appointment. Will i still be able to take the Biometric or will they refuse it and abandon my case???? please do let me know
thanks[/QUO

As it is just two hours it won't be an issue. Take evidence to prove why you were late.

Wow, FrenchiC ..... congrats. Miami may not be that bad afterall. Which FO are you being processed at? Mine's at Hialeah. And have they received your file from KCC and did you ever notice any chane/activity on your status page such as the LUD? Kindly let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sharrifka!
Can you imagine my surprise when few days after I was saying how unlucky to be in Miami we were, I receive the interview letter...
My FO is Miami on 7th avenue. Apparently the FO requested my file from KCC soon after my biometrics and it was sent on July 22nd to Miami!
I was also really surprised about that :)
I hope everything will go smoothly for you too!

Wow .... You know what's funny, at my last infopass I was told my file was at 7th avenue then she said ... No wait, it's actually here! So was there any change on your case status online?

Well good question Shariifka! I actually went on the USCIS website on a regular basis and nothing ever changed. I am still in acceptance and tight now it seems that their website is under maintenance so I can't check... I will let you know as soon as there is be an update.

Thank you Capeolive and Zuno

I'm done my Biometric.
But I don't know UCSIC awares of this my action.
I just called KCC and they told me CIS didn't request my file from them yet.
Maybe I should go infopass and ask them right? Or can I just walk-in there to ask my case process.
I want to know when is my file right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Winnerdv11,
In my husbands case, they say it takes 6-8 weeks of time to get OPT. when u have a job offer it takes only 6 weeks. Usually school recommends to do it in 3 months in advance to allow ample time, better to ask a school adviser.

Thank you guys.

I do not think I will be able to get OPT card before I apply AOS. OPT takes 3 months to approve, which means I won't get my work permit until December. But seems like the safest bet would be OPT.

I have another concern: If I choose to apply OPT and not to apply EAD thru AOS, can my husband apply AOS EAD. I am a primary DV winner and he is a dependent. Do I need to apply AOS EAD in order for him to be eligible to apply EAD. Currently he is on F2 status. What do u guys think?

Thanks

You are lucky to get your biometric done early. They asked me to come on scheduled date in Columbus, Oh uscis.
I'm done my Biometric.
Maybe I should go infopass and ask them right? Or can I just walk-in there to ask my case process.

My hearty congratulations to you! Good luck on your interview!

Hi everyone,

I got the pleasure of receiving my interview letter yesterday :) It appears that Miami office is not so bad...

congratulation Frenchic, it looks like miami is not bad at all, I was just wondering, your number got current in september and you were called in august 31st, it looks like they are hurrying because of the limited time line. and about the status online, its not that the site is going under construction but its because it will change after your interview, unless you have applied for the work permit and travel document than there you can see the changed, however, I am sure that there should be a soft LUD after your biometrics.
Best of luck for your interview.
Hi everyone,

I'm done my Biometric.

You can't just walk-in but need to schedule an infopass. As your number is current, it would be a better idea to know how your case is processing. Some applicants have got quick results after going through infopasses.

Hey FrenchiC and everyone. . . guess what? Got my interview letter today too!!!! Miami . . . tricky place isn't it! It looks kinda weird though . . . . I was expecting the usual USCIS NOA's but seems different. It's a white paper with instructions on what to bring to the interview . . . I-864, Tax Returns etc.... Is this a standard template or what? No hi or hello Mr. X either . . . I hope they're not mad at me for calling every other day . . . :D

Congrats shariifka, does your interview letter has checkboxes in front of the list of documents they want you to bring? I am not sure how the interview letter looks like but just wondering...

Hey FrenchiC and everyone. . . guess what? Got my interview letter today too!!!! Miami . . . tricky place isn't it! It looks kinda weird though . . . . I was expecting the usual USCIS NOA's but seems different. It's a white paper with instructions on what to bring to the interview . . . I-864, Tax Returns etc.... Is this a standard template or what? No hi or hello Mr. X either . . . I hope they're not mad at me for calling every other day . . . :D

No, just a long list of things . . . I will check it again when I get home. I think it has everything any I-485 application interview would require as supporting documentation. Will post something later.

Congratulation.. and best of luck..