• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey there FrenChic,

Aren't we like in the worst place ever for a DV-AOS??? I was current in July and I am yet to be interviewed. Last time I checked with them they had my AOS file but not my KCC file and they said all I was waiting for was an interview to be scheduled . . . .

Hi,

First of all I want to make sure what your user name is
Shariif as of yesterday or shariifka as of today? Are you
the same person or one is male one is female?

Anyways, I take it your number was current for July.
You have done the biometrics about 40 days ago.
I don't know what you have done about where about
of your interview letter. There are certain things that
can be done:

1. You can call KCC and find out if your DV case file has been requested
by your Field Office and if they have transferred it. Call and email.

2. You can do an InfoPass and try to find out.

After you do these things. There are more things that can be done.
Unfortunately I have to go back to work now. I will probably be around
tonight though. Good luck in the process whoever you are...

Alas! It has . . . . .

Hi Shariifka,

I do believe we are indeed! Each time I go take an infopass it's the same thing, I feel even more confused...
I can't believe you were current in July and still have no interview. When was the last time you had an infopass?
Did you call KCC to check if they sent your file?
Mine was sent about two weeks ago but nothing anyways...

@ Capeolive and FrenchiC . . . Absolutely! They never help!!! My last one was 2 days ago. They said all is ready but no interview scheduled yet. They keep saying not to worry and you'll be sorted but I don't know if they realize the gravity of our concerns (with the numerical limit on visas and September 30TH deadline). KCC hasn't sent my file and they keep insisting that the FO has to request the transfer. I called the USCIS Customer Care, complained bitterly and asked for a senior supervisor who promised to relay my concerns to the FO/NBC and that they would send me a notice addressing my concerns in the next week or two. My status page has only Acceptance (currently highlited), Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision Activity and Card/Document Production. No RFE or Testing/Interview . . . is that normal? I was hoping (rather naively) it was an indication that I will not be needing an interview afterall and would see my status jump to CPO . . . but only in a perfect world . . . . BTW, it is Shariifka . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi shariifka,

In order for KCC to transfer your case file it has to be
requested by the field office. Unfortunately you cannot
initiate it yourself. There are certain steps you can take
though.

You can do the following in order. The order is important!

1. Call USCIS and ask for a "Service Request"

2. Find info about your congressperson for that you need 5+4 digit zip code

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

You can usually go their websites find ask for help choose the subject
they have a privacy act consent form usually you fill out the form
and send in along with your letter and supporting documents. Then you
contact them by phone. The practice might vary but should be similar.

3. Write to the Immigration Ombudsman also file DHS Form-7001

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm#10

I don't have time for details but as I said the order is important!

I should also mention that no matter how upset you are it is vital
that when you contact these people treat them with utmost respect.
Some of them may not be experienced in DV cases try to be nice to
the people you contact at all times. They are the ones who will help
you. I should repeat one last time how you treat these people can be
a "life and death" situation for your case.

If you are a person of faith prayers indeed do affect the outcome...

@ Capeolive and FrenchiC . . . Absolutely! They never help!!! My last one was 2 days ago. They said all is ready but no interview scheduled yet. They keep saying not to worry and you'll be sorted but I don't know if they realize the gravity of our concerns (with the numerical limit on visas and September 30TH deadline). KCC hasn't sent my file and they keep insisting that the FO has to request the transfer. I called the USCIS Customer Care, complained bitterly and asked for a senior supervisor who promised to relay my concerns to the FO/NBC and that they would send me a notice addressing my concerns in the next week or two. My status page has only Acceptance (currently highlited), Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision Activity and Card/Document Production. No RFE or Testing/Interview . . . is that normal? I was hoping (rather naively) it was an indication that I will not be needing an interview afterall and would see my status jump to CPO . . . but only in a perfect world . . . . BTW, it is Shariifka . . .

Summet...
good Luck to your infopass tomorrow, don't worry or think too much, take a good sleep tonight.

@capeolive, @chooti @zuno and every one who answered my question.. I am hopeful that the case might have been the same like you guys have been talking about. I hope everything goes fine. The only thing I am going to ask during my infopass is where is my AOS application file, If it has got to the Field offfice yet? when am I gonna get the Interview letter? is my biometrics accepted? and have my file from KCC been received yet?.
I hope they can answer this question of mine. and I can get some relief. Besides that I have to file my tax, change the address on driving license and lot more
so CAPEOLIVE i got things lined up to get busy.

Hi Capeolive,

Thanks for the info. The list of steps you mentioned were among the courses of action I have been intending to pursue, if necessary, once (and if) I receive the update as I stated in my previous post. Does my signature make me look too angry . . . LOL . . . I might be a little anxious but I know not to rub the USCIS people the wrong way. Thanks for the advise though, it's easy to lose control when frustrated.

Oh yeah, prayers . . . can't go wrong with them . . . . .

thanks CAPEOLIVE

I am on F-1 status now. I will definately consult few laywers. You seems to be very knowledgeable person on DV AOS. Thanks again for your help.

Another question I have is I am graduating this FAll 2010. Should I apply for my opt and not to apply work permit thru DV? I have to apply for OPT in September 2010, but if I choose to apply DV work permit I will have to wait until my visa number gets current. What do u think I should do. What would be the safe move?
Thanks

Hi winnerdv11,

I don't see any reason for you not to apply for OPT.
It is usually advised not to rely on the EAD that one
gets through DV. You also must maintain your status
throughout the process.

I believe your priority should be finding out about your
"past situation" and decide on a road map according
to the information you get. That's the thing that needs
to be done first.

I gotta wrap it up for the night. Good luck in the process...

I am on F-1 status now. I will definately consult few laywers. You seems to be very knowledgeable person on DV AOS. Thanks again for your help.

Another question I have is I am graduating this FAll 2010. Should I apply for my opt and not to apply work permit thru DV? I have to apply for OPT in September 2010, but if I choose to apply DV work permit I will have to wait until my visa number gets current. What do u think I should do. What would be the safe move?
Thanks

hey guys just back from the appointment from info-pass. I was told that my biometrics had been accepted which according to the IO was accepted from the record from my old file. All she told me was they have my old and my new file there. They have got my application and also the file from KCC, so they got what they needed. She added that my process is going smoothly and my case has been put in queue.

Good to hear...you will receive your interview appointment soon...our file has not yet been requested from KCC. I guess we won't get a decision on Monday itself.

Summet, so did they tell you when you can expect your interview letter? I wish you all the best

hey guys just back from the appointment from info-pass. I was told that my biometrics had been accepted which according to the IO was accepted from the record from my old file. All she told me was they have my old and my new file there. They have got my application and also the file from KCC, so they got what they needed. She added that my process is going smoothly and my case has been put in queue.

Happy for you. you will get GC soon. You have had enough trouble.

I went to ASC center today and they told that they don't do biometrics before the scheduled date anymore. we can give only on the scheduled date or later. Anyway mine is 8/11.

Q-When do they send the file to field office? after the biometrics done or before?

Chooti, did you ask KCC about your DV file recently?

Good to hear...you will receive your interview appointment soon...our file has not yet been requested from KCC. I guess we won't get a decision on Monday itself.

May we know your FO?

Happy for you. you will get GC

soon. You have had enough trouble.

I went to ASC center today and they told that they don't do biometrics before the scheduled date anymore. we can give only on the scheduled date or later. Anyway mine is 8/11.

Q-When do they send the file to field office? after the biometrics done or before?

I think it is better to apply for OPT and maintain your status during the AOS precess. Also better that you apply and get OPT before filing AOS. Then you will have no confusions during the process. This is what I learn from my husband's OPT experience. The school has also recommended him applying OPT before applying EAD through AOS. when you have OPT you will both maintain your status and have Work permit for one year(probably until the end of your Fiscal year). you will get green card before your OPT expires since you have a low case number, you may not need to apply for EAD with AOS. In case you think you need it u can file I 765 later.
It is better to talk to a lawyer too. but show the that u are also knowledgeable about the process.

Thanks