• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Yeah capeolive,
I dont think my lawyer will apply for me till she sees my number current in the visa bulletin of next month and i dont want the case to be delayed so, i will try to convience her if she can do it as soon as possible, if not i have to take my case back and do it myself...

it's a nice move, if i were u I'll do the same thing..:)

yeah, man.. I send her an email showing the interest to apply early and I will go meet her this friday and take all the responsibility that it was me who told her to apply early even before the visa bulletin for AUgust got published. and if still she dont want to do it then i will rather tell he to back from my case and get all he documents and will send the documents my self..
i went through the signature of most of the members who got their GC or got the letter of interview they all applied after they saw the advance notification and still they didn't get the interview on the month they were currrent for but the next month..so in my case if i apply now i will be getting my interview on September( fingers crossed)

hi guys..I got a question
when I fill I485 form.
"I am applying for adjustment to ........because:"
which one should I mark X on it?
a or h?
And about the g325, do i need to fill out all4 copies(print out from website)?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
when I fill I485 form.
a or h?
thanks

Hey zuno, I personally put "a" on I485, but the majority of people put "h" and then they wrote "DV lottery". It's acceptable both ways. As far as the g325, the old form used to have 4 copies, the new one only has one (check the date of the form). It's the same form, but one comes with 4 copies one with one. I sent one.
Good luck.

Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today, I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case status moved to PDA which means that
my green card has been sent.

I thank everybody who has been supporting me
with his/her prayers and good wishes. Those of
us still in the process have my prayers and best wishes.

I thank God who has been helping me on this journey...

It's about time ;) CONGRATS :) May it unite you with the family soon, too :)

when I fill I485 form.
a or h?
thanks

Hi zuno,
You should download instructions for I-485.
Mark h and write:
"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached".
I sent 4 copies. But some people sent only one and they were fine.
However you do you should be fine.

Hey guys,
Ia m a DV 2011 winner and I have a question from you guys who went through this last year. In the letters we get from KCC it says that we should contact the local USCIS office. this business of going to local office is really confusing, I called USCIS 3 times last month and they said you don't need to go to the local office, follow the instruction online. The instruction on the USCIS as well as what all of the 2010 applicants did says submit your application to chicago lock box, I am guessing that after that step, you'll need to do your biometrics and interview at the local office? Am I right? How did your letters say? Or they have recently changed the process.
Thanks guys for help, you are great

AS00007***

Hello khayat,

Congratulations on winning the DV lottery. Calling or taking an InfoPass at this time is useless. I would suggest that you read this thread from page 1 and then you will get a good idea of the AOS process. You will need to prepare some forms that you can download from the USCIS website in order to file your AOS petition. You don't need to take an InfoPass to get copies of those forms.

Good luck!

Thank you i2009.

May be you can pass me your experience as an "experienced"
permanent resident card holder. How does it feel to be free
after so many years?

Hello capeolive,

Well, you'll know pretty soon how it feels! Actually, you will get two great moments in this journey (getting your GC and then your family's).

All the best for you!

i got one more 'card production ordered email' today. It says the production of your new card is ordered on june 15. I already had the same email on june 10 saying the card production is ordered on june 10. What does this signify??? Has anybody got in the same condition???

Hello nepal2010,

The same happened to me, don't worry, your card is being printed and you'll get it soon. Now wait for another status change to "Post Decision Activity". That's when your card is mailed.

Good luck!

when I fill I485 form.
a or h?
thanks

Hello zuno,

The new instructions for the I-485 states that you need to enter "H" in the box and then write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" on the line below the box.

See http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf on page 5.

Good luck!

Hi capeolive,
I am around all the time.
Just a little bit nervous,
but I am sure that something else will
come out to occupy my minds.
Thank you so much for support and nice words!!!

Hello new one,

Your day is approaching. Try to relax, you did your part and everything is ready. You'll be alright trust in all the work you've done.

Best of luck!

Hello zuno,

The new instructions for the I-485 states that you need to enter "H" in the box and then write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" on the line below the box.

See http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf on page 5.

Good luck!

Agree with i2009, the I-485 instructions (page 5, no. H) specifically asks DV Lottery winners to check box "h" and to write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" on the form.

Thank you capeolive

I've tried contacting KCC via email for an update but they say that they are not authorized to give out this information. Probably I'll try to call. Am I still within standards from the posts you have seen? I know there's still some months to go and processing times at the field offices now show 6 months for I485 apps in general.

Hi schneidi68,

You should call KCC and find out if
your DV case file has been requested
by your local USCIS field office and
if they have done the transfer yet...

This process is done before your local
office schedules the interview.

After learning the outcome you can go to
your USCIS field office if you decide it is
necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by schneidi68 View Post
Hello everyone,

Need some suggestions: As you see from my time line below I have had my FP appointment on 3/31/10 and afterwards my EAD and travel permit got approved. Until today I have not received an interview appointment letter and fear that if it has been sent it might have gotten lost in the mail service. I've scheduled an Infopass appointment for this Friday 6/18/10 to see if an IO can help me out and also to check on what kind of schedule the San Diego field office operates. My I485 has not gotten any LUD's since 3/31/10 when the FP got done.

Are there any suggestions you can give me on what to ask exactly? I was planning to ask about the FP results, the appointment procedure/calendar at the field office and eventually if they could check with the National Benefits Center on status (as we can't and calling the 800 number seems to be useless...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I know that the process can take from 2 - 5 month....

Thank you in advance!

Roger

-------------------------------------------------
2010EU00020XXX

2 AOS in US (San Diego, CA)

06/09 1st NL from KCC
06/09 All paperwork to KCC
07/09 2nd NL from KCC
01/15/10 DV fee $750 to KCC
01/26/10 Receipt of $750 from KCC
02/04/10 Medical done
02/10 Number current
02/11/10 AOS Pckg Receipt confirmation from Chicago lockbox
02/20/10 Checks are cashed AOS
02/22/10 NOAs rcvd (485, 765, 131)
03/14/10 Bio appointment letter
03/31/10 Bio Done
04/19/10 EAD and Travel permit approved
04/23/10 EAD and Travel permit received

2010EU00025XXX

under section 245 (i)

1 AOS in US / 3 CP Overseas at US Embassy

05/20/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
02/05/10 Cut-Off for April
02/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
02/23/10 Checks are cashed AOS and 245 (i)
02/25/10 NOAs
03/10/10 Bio
04/21/10 Int Ltr
05/13/10 Interview
05/24/10 CPO
05/28/10 Welcome Ltr
06/15/10 PDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Zuno,

* You should mark h and write Diversity Visa Lottery Winner

* Just one copy of G-325A is enough.

You should get the latest versions of the forms and read the instructions
for yourself before doing anything...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=d7c84154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

when I fill I485 form.
a or h?
thanks

Hi schneidi68,

Processing times at the Local Field Offices
do not apply to Diversity Visa AOS Applications...

Thank you capeolive

I've tried contacting KCC via email for an update but they say that they are not authorized to give out this information. Probably I'll try to call. Am I still within standards from the posts you have seen? I know there's still some months to go and processing times at the field offices now show 6 months for I485 apps in general.

Hi schneidi68,

You should call KCC and find out if
your DV case file has been requested
by your local USCIS field office and
if they have done the transfer yet...

This process is done before your local
office schedules the interview.

After learning the outcome you can go to
your USCIS field office if you decide it is
necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by schneidi68 View Post
Hello everyone,

Need some suggestions: As you see from my time line below I have had my FP appointment on 3/31/10 and afterwards my EAD and travel permit got approved. Until today I have not received an interview appointment letter and fear that if it has been sent it might have gotten lost in the mail service. I've scheduled an Infopass appointment for this Friday 6/18/10 to see if an IO can help me out and also to check on what kind of schedule the San Diego field office operates. My I485 has not gotten any LUD's since 3/31/10 when the FP got done.

Are there any suggestions you can give me on what to ask exactly? I was planning to ask about the FP results, the appointment procedure/calendar at the field office and eventually if they could check with the National Benefits Center on status (as we can't and calling the 800 number seems to be useless...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I know that the process can take from 2 - 5 month....

Thank you in advance!

Roger

-------------------------------------------------
2010EU00020XXX

2 AOS in US (San Diego, CA)

06/09 1st NL from KCC
06/09 All paperwork to KCC
07/09 2nd NL from KCC
01/15/10 DV fee $750 to KCC
01/26/10 Receipt of $750 from KCC
02/04/10 Medical done
02/10 Number current
02/11/10 AOS Pckg Receipt confirmation from Chicago lockbox
02/20/10 Checks are cashed AOS
02/22/10 NOAs rcvd (485, 765, 131)
03/14/10 Bio appointment letter
03/31/10 Bio Done
04/19/10 EAD and Travel permit approved
04/23/10 EAD and Travel permit received

2010EU00025XXX

under section 245 (i)

1 AOS in US / 3 CP Overseas at US Embassy

05/20/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
02/05/10 Cut-Off for April
02/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
02/23/10 Checks are cashed AOS and 245 (i)
02/25/10 NOAs
03/10/10 Bio
04/21/10 Int Ltr
05/13/10 Interview
05/24/10 CPO
05/28/10 Welcome Ltr
06/15/10 PDA

Do you think it makes a difference of having the check mark on the 485 in the a instead of h. I've sent as well a cover letter when I filed indicating that it is a DV based application...?

Hi schneidi68,

Processing times at the Local Field Offices
do not apply to Diversity Visa AOS Applications...

Hello new one,

Your day is approaching. Try to relax, you did your part and everything is ready. You'll be alright trust in all the work you've done.

Best of luck!

Hi i2009,

thank you!
I try to not think about interview.
And I make my self busy.
I know everything will be fine.
But still little bit scared, what is normal :D

hey new one,
i know how it feels like when such a big day is approaching near!!! But believe me its gonna be so easy!! I was an intrview-phobic person aa well, but after that day i wanna give a lot of interviews!!! Best of luck!! U r next in the family now!!!

It may. But in the past they accepted the applications with a checked
instead of h. You, should call KCC about the file transfer, first.

Regarding Diversity Visa the applicants got:

1. A DV Case file at KCC (electronic and hard copy)
2. A DV AOS file at NBC (this is the one sent to Chicago)

Do you think it makes a difference of having the check mark on the 485 in the a instead of h. I've sent as well a cover letter when I filed indicating that it is a DV based application...?