• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

thanks for your support new one.. I was going to start with this I485 an here got stocked in 2 places here on the first page it asks visa expires on...My visa is already expired on 2009 how ever my visa is valid till i maintain my status, the form that my lawyer filled the form she wrote D/S on it. should i do the same thing.
the other thing is on the second page it asks have you ever applied for Permanent resident status on U.S what should I do, should i write yes or no?

Personally, I would say "yes" and include the copy of letter you received from USCIS for being rejected for filing early, as this would be your new and 2nd 485 application to USCIS. Explain on the box below, that way you are being truthful. This is JMO, what did your lawyer put, do you know? I am sure the seniors will have better advice for you.

hi..Summet
I got last thing to finish my AOS package.
just wnna make sure: is the AOS fee are $1010 and pay to "U.S. Department of homeland security"?
and AOS package mailing adds I can't found it, can you post it :p

Answers to your questions about fees are on page 8 of I-485 instructions:
$930 for I-485 and $80 for biometrics (total $1010) payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (you are right)

Information on where to file your 485 is on page 5 of I-485 instructions:

i.e., for DV cases:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox Address:
For US postal service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box: 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Please refer to the USCIS site to download the latest instructions on 485.

Hi maila,
just download last I-485 instructions.
It clearly says you should mark h and write
"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached"

Thanks new one.

Yes, I read the new instructions and says exactly what you mentioned. It seems there is no way to put all the letters in that space because it runs out of space in the form and we cant edit the form to add in pdf. May be I have to add it by hand then. I could not fit "Copy of lottery letter attached" after "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner".

guys there is a new news, I got my Lawyer officially out of my case as of todays date so, she is sending all my documents to me by this week. now I am going with the model that capeolive gave me.. I will need your help a lot now coz i am trying to get it done by this weekend so that I can submit it by this tuesday. But please answer if I can only file for i485 or do i also have to file travel document and work permit, coz i dont want to apply for those again. and regarding my last question again, what should i write if i have applied for the permanant residency.???

HI nepal2010,
I feel that I will have to make the similar documents like yours so is there anyways u can send me the cover later u send to uscis. with the list of documents u send them...

guys there is a new news, I got my Lawyer officially out of my case as of todays date so, she is sending all my documents to me by this week. now I am going with the model that capeolive gave me.. I will need your help a lot now coz i am trying to get it done by this weekend so that I can submit it by this tuesday. But please answer if I can only file for i485 or do i also have to file travel document and work permit, coz i dont want to apply for those again. and regarding my last question again, what should i write if i have applied for the permanant residency.???

Hi Summet,

of course you can apply only for I-485.
You won't need EAD and travel document.

For the other question.
I am not sure what you have to do.
But if I would you, I would write yes,
and add on separete paper explanation.

But I am not sure at all what you have to put.
So you have time.
I'm sure someone will answer you tonight.
Someone who knows better than me.

Yes...

I was just wondering...I dont want to be applying for work permit or the travel document this time..so is it fine that I just Apply for I485. or i have to be applying for all the documents again..I know what I am not going to be using this documents any ways so, would it be fine if i send the $1010 fees and just apply for I485....

Hi Zuno,

Yes. Also please read the instructions of the forms
before filling them out, you'll find most of the answers.

You are welcome to ask questions anytime, but it is
in your best interest to understand the process for yourself.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

hi..Summet
I got last thing to finish my AOS package.
just wnna make sure: is the AOS fee are $1010 and pay to "U.S. Department of homeland security"?
and AOS package mailing adds I can't found it, can you post it :p

Hi new one,

It is good to see you around helping folks.
I see you did your homework well, may be
I can just take it easy couple of days.

Thank you for helping. Keep up the good work.

Don't think that I forgot about your interview.
You are on top of my list. I have being praying
for your upcoming interview along with the others...

Hi Summet,

of course you can apply only for I-485.
You won't need EAD and travel document.

For the other question.
I am not sure what you have to do.
But if I would you, I would write yes,
and add on separete paper explanation.

But I am not sure at all what you have to put.
So you have time.
I'm sure someone will answer you tonight.
Someone who knows better than me.

Hi Norkira,

Thanks for still helping people out.

Your signature colors the forum, literally.

It is also good to see that you are
"appreciative" of "the gift" God gave you.

I'm still around...even though I have been very busy lately. I have been helping people mostly through private messages. Tell you the truth, you are doing a very good job answering everything I would have said, so I just don't want to repeat the answer. besides, you always beat me to it :) Keep up the great work, everyone here surely appreciates you.

Last edited by a moderator:
posted twice by mistake, not mine...

I'm still around...even though I have been very busy lately. I have been helping people mostly through private messages. Tell you the truth, you are doing a very good job answering everything I would have said, so I just don't want to repeat the answer. besides, you always beat me to it :) Keep up the great work, everyone here surely appreciates you.

Hi Summet,

Finally, welcome to America.

In America you can hire a lawyer and you can also fire him/her.

But now you are on your own. You got a list fill out the forms,
assemble the DV AOS package and send it in next Monday
for instance. Do everything one by one. Make sure read the
instructions first. I am sure if you "do your homework"
you can do it much better than your "old" lawyer...

summet,
go to the front of this forum (lottery visas - dv), and click on the attachment icon (paper clip) of the '2010 aos only thread'. there is a sample i485 cover letter. download that and edit it to suit your case.
then go to this link for help in assembling your package
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html
regarding your previous submission, i would suggest declaring it and attach a copy of the decline letter as proof.
good luck.

HI nepal2010,
I feel that I will have to make the similar documents like yours so is there anyways u can send me the cover later u send to uscis. with the list of documents u send them...

i have send the cover letter. Check your inbox.
We all are here to help you. Feel free to ask ny questions!!!

HI 12009,
I might be taking my case back from the lawyer sometime next week. SO what are my procedure gonna be. Can i just fill it all up the regular way like you guys did or since I have G-28 last time I have to again do something else. Besides, I got my New EAD and Travel. SO i am sure that I have to send the copy of them as well. but in the place where it asks me which immigration city I applied for it. I dont know which city to write in that place. Coz last time I did my OPt, EAD, it came from Mesquite, TX but I dont know about this one though.
Any valuable suggestion will be highly appretiated

Hello Summet,

The G-28 does not apply for this new petition, you have to fill in new forms the same way that we all are doing it. The difference is that now you should send copies of your AP and EAD; what I don't know is if you need to send copies of your previous I-485 and its rejection letter (it is my understanding that you should send them). Anyone can comment on this?

As for the A#, use the new one.

Don't wait for your college transcript but do send your high school diploma, and/or any other higher diploma, as proof of eligibility. You can bring your college transcript to your interview appointment but I doubt they will ask you for it.

I'm upset that you have to go through all of this and that the lawyer still pretends to make more money like if it was not her fault.

I hope that we all can help you and that you soon get your GC.

Best of luck!

Hi nepal2010,
thank you for support!!!
It means a lot to me.
I'll do my best and bring good news next week :D

newone good luckfor your interview, By the way what are the documents are you planning to take with you for the interview.

Hi Summet,

I agree with i2009, you should send

"a letter explaining that you applied before
and it was rejected due to early filing"

also "a copy of the rejection letter"

You should not give them an impression of
a first time filer...

Hello Summet,

The G-28 does not apply for this new petition, you have to fill in new forms the same way that we all are doing it. The difference is that now you should send copies of your AP and EAD; what I don't know is if you need to send copies of your previous I-485 and its rejection letter (it is my understanding that you should send them). Anyone can comment on this?

As for the A#, use the new one.

Don't wait for your college transcript but do send your high school diploma, and/or any other higher diploma, as proof of eligibility. You can bring your college transcript to your interview appointment but I doubt they will ask you for it.

I'm upset that you have to go through all of this and that the lawyer still pretends to make more money like if it was not her fault.

I hope that we all can help you and that you soon get your GC.

Best of luck!

thanks a lot nepal2010, it really did help me, you really dont mind if i start the cover letter like that right, I am working on the documents that I can send, so by this evening, I wil figure out what documents I can send with my AOS package and I will put my cover letter for you all to comment about..For now I am waiting on my lawyer to fedex my documents, since she got all my documents like original DV letter and the receipts..