• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you Capeolive and other guys for detailed reply, I highly appreciate it. good luck you all in future after you get your GC. :)

Hi khayat,

The instructions for DV process can sometimes be confusing.
Visiting and calling USCIS sometimes can get the person even
more confusing.

The summary of the steps that are taken for AOS DV Process
are as follows:

(I have to mention for people with high numbers CP may be
a better option.)

* After getting 1st NL DSP-122, Bar Code page, DS-230 are sent. $375 per person is paid.
* 2nd NL is received, Receipt for $375 is received
* AOS Package is prepared, when the time comes is filed to Chicago Lockbox.
* NOA's are received
* Bio appointment is received
* Bio is done
* Interview appointment is received
* Interview is done at the Local USCIS Field Office

If the case is approved:

* Welcome Letter is received
* Green Card is received...

Good questions. Documents that you need for Walk in Biometrics are 1) Biometric Apoointment Letter 2) Photo Id. Once your finger print information has been uploaded in their (USCIS)record and they stamp your appointment letter you do not have to do it again. Therefore, answer to your second question will be "No I will not go for biometrics in my scheduled date". Normally, the trend is biometric appointment followed by the interview appointment, so in your case you have plenty of waiting time,probably a year. So sit tight. Hope I covered all your questions let me know. Thank you

Thanks Olsson for clarification. BTW, I am 2010 DV winner. I don't have 1 more year..just few months..if I get one.:D

Congratulations to everyone who already got their cards and best of luck to everyone waiting to close their process like me. I have a quick question about the USCIS office in charge of my case:
Is there anyone in this forum who has had experience with the interview process with ASC in Charleston South Carolina? If so could they share their experience?

Charleston South Carolina
05/ 11 2009: Winning Package received
05/12 2009: sent out AOS and DSO I and II
05/14/2009 AOS was delivered in Missouri
05/15 2009 DSOI & II delivered in Williamsburg KY
06/03/2009 Received second letter from Kentucky stating USCIS will handle case
06/05/2009 Received receipt DV receipt fee
04/09/2010 Current in June
05/11/2010 Medical done
05/10/2010 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox
05/13/2010 Package delivered
05/21/2010 Received I-797C NOA
06/03/2010 Biometric Apt received for 06/23

Hi LeTigreNoire,

There were 2 people applied from SC their names are gatorches and iceman
They applied in October and in November, you can go to earlier pages and find out
more information. They are long gone...

I can give you the following time progress starting with NOA.

NAME CUT-OFF NOA BIO INT CARD

gatorches (SC) October 10/5 (25) 10/30 (37) 12/7 (7) 12/14 (69)

iceman (Charleston, SC) November 10/17 (16) 11/2 (107) 2/17 (19) 3/8 (142)

Congratulations to everyone who already got their cards and best of luck to everyone waiting to close their process like me. I have a quick question about the USCIS office in charge of my case:
Is there anyone in this forum who has had experience with the interview process with ASC in Charleston South Carolina? If so could they share their experience?

Charleston South Carolina
05/ 11 2009: Winning Package received
05/12 2009: sent out AOS and DSO I and II
05/14/2009 AOS was delivered in Missouri
05/15 2009 DSOI & II delivered in Williamsburg KY
06/03/2009 Received second letter from Kentucky stating USCIS will handle case
06/05/2009 Received receipt DV receipt fee
04/09/2010 Current in June
05/11/2010 Medical done
05/10/2010 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox
05/13/2010 Package delivered
05/21/2010 Received I-797C NOA
06/03/2010 Biometric Apt received for 06/23

Hey guys,
It has been very frostating. At first my Lawyer dont buy my idea that I should apply now for the month of august saying that my prediction is wrong and again adding on to it, she says that since I am being insistent, she will do it by next thursday, however since she have to make all the files again she will be charging me the lawyers fees again with the AOS fees again, which is insane. So I am going to take her out of my case and do it myself on my early convenience before next 25th of this month. Coz i know that I cannot afford loosing any more time. So I need all the help I can get from you guys to get my documents all done in the perfect way. I still do have the list of the things that Capeolive send as a cover letter for USCIS. But I still have some questions on that matter, since my letter was declined the first time and even after that I got the EAD card and Travel document, do i also have to send the copy of those documents, and I have different A# on the new EAD that I got, so should I be using that A# or the one I had during my OPT, because I have mentioned you all about using the new EAD for the new medical test.
Please do suggest me with other supplemental documents to be send.
And again Nepal2010, you told me to send the college transcript as well, i think it will take me good 2 weeks to get it so can i apply without it or u think its mandatory.
And last minutes comments, suggestions will be highly appretiated.
thanks all for ur continuous support..

I wanted to one more note in my last post, Like you guys know that I was doing the process through the lawyer before, so now does this affect my case now while doing it by myselfs or do i have to do anything extra for that. Or just sending the document the regular way like you guys send is good enough.

hey summet,
don't wait for 2 weeks just for the transcripts. But be sure to take it in your interview. But try to send all ur i20's and a letter from international office saying u r in status. Hope that will work.
I like your idea of self filing. I know time is running out, but u still got just abt enough time to get things back on track!!
Best of luck!!!

Agree with i2009, the I-485 instructions (page 5, no. H) specifically asks DV Lottery winners to check box "h" and to write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" on the form.

I saw people suggesting in this forum like this:

2010 DV Lottery Winner. Case # 2010ASXXXX

thnx for ur reply nepal2010,
If you dont mind can you put the front page addressing the USCIS for AOS. with the list of all the documents. I will be filling the documents all again this weekend So i might still come up with many more question hope you guys will be there to respond quick.
thanks

HI 12009,
I might be taking my case back from the lawyer sometime next week. SO what are my procedure gonna be. Can i just fill it all up the regular way like you guys did or since I have G-28 last time I have to again do something else. Besides, I got my New EAD and Travel. SO i am sure that I have to send the copy of them as well. but in the place where it asks me which immigration city I applied for it. I dont know which city to write in that place. Coz last time I did my OPt, EAD, it came from Mesquite, TX but I dont know about this one though.
Any valuable suggestion will be highly appretiated

I saw people suggesting in this forum like this:

2010 DV Lottery Winner. Case # 2010ASXXXX

Hi maila,
just download last I-485 instructions.
It clearly says you should mark h and write
"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached"

hey new one,
i know how it feels like when such a big day is approaching near!!! But believe me its gonna be so easy!! I was an intrview-phobic person aa well, but after that day i wanna give a lot of interviews!!! Best of luck!! U r next in the family now!!!

Hi nepal2010,
thank you for support!!!
It means a lot to me.
I'll do my best and bring good news next week :D

Hey guys,
It has been very frostating. At first my Lawyer dont buy my idea that I should apply now for the month of august saying that my prediction is wrong and again adding on to it, she says that since I am being insistent, she will do it by next thursday, however since she have to make all the files again she will be charging me the lawyers fees again with the AOS fees again, which is insane. So I am going to take her out of my case and do it myself on my early convenience before next 25th of this month. Coz i know that I cannot afford loosing any more time. So I need all the help I can get from you guys to get my documents all done in the perfect way. I still do have the list of the things that Capeolive send as a cover letter for USCIS. But I still have some questions on that matter, since my letter was declined the first time and even after that I got the EAD card and Travel document, do i also have to send the copy of those documents, and I have different A# on the new EAD that I got, so should I be using that A# or the one I had during my OPT, because I have mentioned you all about using the new EAD for the new medical test.
Please do suggest me with other supplemental documents to be send.
And again Nepal2010, you told me to send the college transcript as well, i think it will take me good 2 weeks to get it so can i apply without it or u think its mandatory.
And last minutes comments, suggestions will be highly appretiated.
thanks all for ur continuous support..

Hi Summet,
don't worry you'll be fine and you'll get GC soon.
You don't have to send college transcript.
But you have to send high school diploma
That is a MUST.
Don't forget translate all documents.
Put them in order like capeolive sent you.
I am not sure for new A#, but probably that is your new A#.
Provide copies of all you ever had.
I also put on every and each document that I sent
my case number in the right corner.
Like DV2010EU28XXX.
I'm not sure how you have to mark
envelope and the cover letter.
Go on this page and read it
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD
If I remember something else I'll let you know.
Don't worry, you can do it!!!!

thanks for your support new one.. I was going to start with this I485 an here got stocked in 2 places here on the first page it asks visa expires on...My visa is already expired on 2009 how ever my visa is valid till i maintain my status, the form that my lawyer filled the form she wrote D/S on it. should i do the same thing.
the other thing is on the second page it asks have you ever applied for Permanent resident status on U.S what should I do, should i write yes or no?

I was just wondering...I dont want to be applying for work permit or the travel document this time..so is it fine that I just Apply for I485. or i have to be applying for all the documents again..I know what I am not going to be using this documents any ways so, would it be fine if i send the $1010 fees and just apply for I485....

hi..Summet
I got last thing to finish my AOS package.
just wnna make sure: is the AOS fee are $1010 and pay to "U.S. Department of homeland security"?
and AOS package mailing adds I can't found it, can you post it :p

Hi Norkira,

Thanks. It is good to see that
you are still "alive and kicking"

Good to have you around...

I'm still around...even though I have been very busy lately. I have been helping people mostly through private messages. Tell you the truth, you are doing a very good job answering everything I would have said, so I just don't want to repeat the answer. besides, you always beat me to it :) Keep up the great work, everyone here surely appreciates you.

hi..Summet
I got last thing to finish my AOS package.
just wnna make sure: is the AOS fee are $1010 and pay to "U.S. Department of homeland security"?
and AOS package mailing adds I can't found it, can you post it :p

Go to USCIS website and click "forms". When you click on "I-485" you will find instructions for I-485. You can find the latest answers for your questions there. Also read "General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing" from the same website. Read this forum from the beginning. There are lists of documents posted by many applicants and you can get an idea about what you have to send in your AOS package and many more instructions and tips for filling forms, filing and about the total process.