• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey guys,
Ia m a DV 2011 winner and I have a question from you guys who went through this last year. In the letters we get from KCC it says that we should contact the local USCIS office. this business of going to local office is really confusing, I called USCIS 3 times last month and they said you don't need to go to the local office, follow the instruction online. The instruction on the USCIS as well as what all of the 2010 applicants did says submit your application to chicago lock box, I am guessing that after that step, you'll need to do your biometrics and interview at the local office? Am I right? How did your letters say? Or they have recently changed the process.
Thanks guys for help, you are great

AS00007***

Basically after you filed your AOS application to chicago lockbox u will get your biometrics appointment and then your interview appointment. We had the same letter as yours. You have a good case number, you will be good.
Best of luck!!!

I just assumed you are a sir! donna why?

I m a college sophomere n been in states for less than 2 years. So i dont assume I am a sir. Anyway thanks for assuming that!!!
By the way do I even sound like a sir?? lol!!!!!!!!
But yeah there are lot of "sir" in this forum!!!

Hi khayat,

The instructions for DV process can sometimes be confusing.
Visiting and calling USCIS sometimes can get the person even
more confusing.

The summary of the steps that are taken for AOS DV Process
are as follows:

(I have to mention for people with high numbers CP may be
a better option.)

* After getting 1st NL DSP-122, Bar Code page, DS-230 are sent. $375 per person is paid.
* 2nd NL is received, Receipt for $375 is received
* AOS Package is prepared, when the time comes is filed to Chicago Lockbox.
* NOA's are received
* Bio appointment is received
* Bio is done
* Interview appointment is received
* Interview is done at the Local USCIS Field Office

If the case is approved:

* Welcome Letter is received
* Green Card is received...

Hey guys,
Ia m a DV 2011 winner and I have a question from you guys who went through this last year. In the letters we get from KCC it says that we should contact the local USCIS office. this business of going to local office is really confusing, I called USCIS 3 times last month and they said you don't need to go to the local office, follow the instruction online. The instruction on the USCIS as well as what all of the 2010 applicants did says submit your application to chicago lock box, I am guessing that after that step, you'll need to do your biometrics and interview at the local office? Am I right? How did your letters say? Or they have recently changed the process.
Thanks guys for help, you are great

AS00007***

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens is usually "the date" changes.
Which is called a "soft LUD" which means
they do some processing for your case...

I Just checked my case online with my Biometric Receipt number MSCXXX it has not been changed. Do they ever change the online status. IT still show AOS acceptance info

Hello everyone,

Need some suggestions: As you see from my time line below I have had my FP appointment on 3/31/10 and afterwards my EAD and travel permit got approved. Until today I have not received an interview appointment letter and fear that if it has been sent it might have gotten lost in the mail service. I've scheduled an Infopass appointment for this Friday 6/18/10 to see if an IO can help me out and also to check on what kind of schedule the San Diego field office operates. My I485 has not gotten any LUD's since 3/31/10 when the FP got done.

Are there any suggestions you can give me on what to ask exactly? I was planning to ask about the FP results, the appointment procedure/calendar at the field office and eventually if they could check with the National Benefits Center on status (as we can't and calling the 800 number seems to be useless...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I know that the process can take from 2 - 5 month....

Thank you in advance!

Roger

-------------------------------------------------
2010EU00020XXX

2 AOS in US (San Diego, CA)

06/09 1st NL from KCC
06/09 All paperwork to KCC
07/09 2nd NL from KCC
01/15/10 DV fee $750 to KCC
01/26/10 Receipt of $750 from KCC
02/04/10 Medical done
02/10 Number current
02/11/10 AOS Pckg Receipt confirmation from Chicago lockbox
02/20/10 Checks are cashed AOS
02/22/10 NOAs rcvd (485, 765, 131)
03/14/10 Bio appointment letter
03/31/10 Bio Done
04/19/10 EAD and Travel permit approved
04/23/10 EAD and Travel permit received

yes Nepal 2010, when i got the mail for the EAD card production I got the same notification like about 3 times.so it really doesnt signify any thing..

Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today, I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case status moved to PDA which means that
my green card has been sent.

I thank everybody who has been supporting me
with his/her prayers and good wishes. Those of
us still in the process have my prayers and best wishes.

I thank God who has been helping me on this journey...

Hi capeolive,

Congratulations!!!!
That's amazing!!!
Soon brand new and very green card will be in your hands.
So happy for you! I'm sure your process overseas will go smooth.
And you and your family will be together again.
I'll cross fingers and pray for you!

Hi schneidi68,

You should call KCC and find out if
your DV case file has been requested
by your local USCIS field office and
if they have done the transfer yet...

This process is done before your local
office schedules the interview.

After learning the outcome you can go to
your USCIS field office if you decide it is
necessary...

Hello everyone,

Need some suggestions: As you see from my time line below I have had my FP appointment on 3/31/10 and afterwards my EAD and travel permit got approved. Until today I have not received an interview appointment letter and fear that if it has been sent it might have gotten lost in the mail service. I've scheduled an Infopass appointment for this Friday 6/18/10 to see if an IO can help me out and also to check on what kind of schedule the San Diego field office operates. My I485 has not gotten any LUD's since 3/31/10 when the FP got done.

Are there any suggestions you can give me on what to ask exactly? I was planning to ask about the FP results, the appointment procedure/calendar at the field office and eventually if they could check with the National Benefits Center on status (as we can't and calling the 800 number seems to be useless...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I know that the process can take from 2 - 5 month....

Thank you in advance!

Roger

-------------------------------------------------
2010EU00020XXX

2 AOS in US (San Diego, CA)

06/09 1st NL from KCC
06/09 All paperwork to KCC
07/09 2nd NL from KCC
01/15/10 DV fee $750 to KCC
01/26/10 Receipt of $750 from KCC
02/04/10 Medical done
02/10 Number current
02/11/10 AOS Pckg Receipt confirmation from Chicago lockbox
02/20/10 Checks are cashed AOS
02/22/10 NOAs rcvd (485, 765, 131)
03/14/10 Bio appointment letter
03/31/10 Bio Done
04/19/10 EAD and Travel permit approved
04/23/10 EAD and Travel permit received

Hey guys here is a new scenario in my case, like you all know my case is current for August, so i asked my lawyer that she can go ahead and proceed and file for AOS coz we only have around 45 days for august to come and here she replies to me that my number is not current and she wont file, till its current coz she dont want to the file to be declined. At this point I am very much frostated coz i am afraid that, if i apply by july 10-15 then its gonna be late and the deadline will be over even before i will be called for the interview..what do u guys think is the better option. Do you think, waiting till my number becomes current will give me enough time till my interview???

Hi new one,

I was almost about to get worried about you.
You disappeared for some time. I hope you
are not stressing yourself out with the interview.

Just keep yourself busy with some other things,
solve puzzles or something.

You are backed up by prayers and good wishes
of many people. So, just don't worry...

Hi capeolive,

Congratulations!!!!
That's amazing!!!
Soon brand new and very green card will be in your hands.
So happy for you! I'm sure your process overseas will go smooth.
And you and your family will be together again.
I'll cross fingers and pray for you!

Hi nepal2010,

These are called "Soft LUD's" you may get one or two more.
When your case status moves to PDA that's when they send
the card...

Hi capeolive,

my case status for EAD moved on PDA.
But my EAD has not arrived yet.
Probably I won't need it at the end.

Hi new one,

It is weird not to receive it so far.
But if I were you I wouldn't worry
about it much. You might still get
it though...

The good news is hopefully you will
get your green card and won't even
need it...

Hi capeolive,

my case status for EAD moved on PDA.
But my EAD has not arrived yet.
Probably I won't need it at the end.

Hi new one,

I was almost about to get worried about you.
You disappeared for some time. I hope you
are not stressing yourself out with the interview.

Just keep yourself busy with some other things,
solve puzzles or something.

You are backed up by prayers and good wishes
of many people. So, just don't worry...

Hi capeolive,
I am around all the time.
Just a little bit nervous,
but I am sure that something else will
come out to occupy my minds.
Thank you so much for support and nice words!!!

Hey capeolive,
i was going through your signature and then I saw that ur number was current for April and u applied on feb 10 and still you had ur interview on may, this make me wonder that if i dont apply now then i am not getting to the interview...

Hi Summet,

You have a decision to make.
We gave you enough information.
Unfortunately you have to make
your decision by yourself ...

Hey capeolive,
i was going through your signature and then I saw that ur number was current for April and u applied on feb 10 and still you had ur interview on may, this make me wonder that if i dont apply now then i am not getting to the interview...

Yeah capeolive,
I dont think my lawyer will apply for me till she sees my number current in the visa bulletin of next month and i dont want the case to be delayed so, i will try to convience her if she can do it as soon as possible, if not i have to take my case back and do it myself...