• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case moved to PDA which means that
my green card has been sent.

I thank everybody who has been supporting me
with his/her prayers and good wishes. Those of
us still in the process have my prayers and best wishes.

I thank God who has been helping me on this journey...

congrats capeolive!!!!!!and all the best for your family processing abroad!!

i got one more 'card production ordered email' today. It says the production of your new card is ordered on june 15. I already had the same email on june 10 saying the card production is ordered on june 10. What does this signify??? Has anybody got in the same condition???

Thank you R2010. Make sure to do your "homework"
and study the forum throughly. Have an understanding
of the process for yourself...

CONGRATULATIONS CAPEOLIVE!!!
I hope you will be reunite with your family very soon! You always have good advice and lots of experience to share!

Hi NuvF,

When I was at the Field Center for interview
since the guidelines were not clear for me
I asked them if they will send my case file
straight to the embassy or through NBC.
Unfortunately they couldn't answer my question.
As far as I could see USCIS doesn't process
much DV AOS cases so they are not very
experienced in the subject. I know they got
some hot lines within USCIS where they can
get information. My I-824 application was
merged with the DV Case File and still not
approved.

At the embassy in my country they give you
a scheduled interview and don't let you change
it unless there is an acceptable emergency.

On my part I need a copy of my card to add
to I-864 and I am ready to continue my struggle
but I prefer to start it after "holding" my card...

By the way thank you for your "help" in the past.

It is good for you to be around and help the applicants

Congrats!, soon GC will knock at your door!!

Just curios..

Next the NVC get your docs and schedule CP intvws for the family, is that how it goes?
Do you know what stage this is at now, can you call them to inqr?
Hope your home base is not a super busy DV post.

Good luck with the future process as well !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fitness901,

Form I-824 already at the field office needs to be approved.
Also I have to add a copy of my card to Form I-864 for overseas.
And some other paperwork overseas which are ready to go.

I have been praying for the best result for your sister...

Great News .........Capeolive

What is the next step now ? i know you were mention that you need your Green card copy to start for your family..........
So i wish you all my best for your next step............i really want to know all ,which form ,which support paper,etc.......... you need to summit for your family.
i know how good are you....... to share the information.......Please

Thank you i2009.

May be you can pass me your experience as an "experienced"
permanent resident card holder. How does it feel to be free
after so many years?

Great! You'll get your GC by the end of the week. Awesome! I am very happy for you.

Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today, I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case status moved to PDA which means that
my green card has been sent.

I thank everybody who has been supporting me
with his/her prayers and good wishes. Those of
us still in the process have my prayers and best wishes.

I thank God who has been helping me on this journey...

Well, Cogratulation, but please keep visiting this site and keep helping confused people like us.

Hi nepal2010,

These are called "Soft LUD's" you may get one or two more.
When your case status moves to PDA that's when they send
the card...

i got one more 'card production ordered email' today. It says the production of your new card is ordered on june 15. I already had the same email on june 10 saying the card production is ordered on june 10. What does this signify??? Has anybody got in the same condition???

Thanks for your good wishes, nepal2010.

It is not fair you still have not told us "where you are from."

hey capeolive,
I think my username says it all, i m from Nepal. Hope you know where it is. To make you more easy, its where Mount Everest is. !!!!!
N where r u from???

Hi Olsson,

What documents do you need to get into walk in biometrics? Are you going to do again in your scheduled date as well? May be dumb question but just trying to figure out in my case, this may buy me some more time. Good luck.

Good questions. Documents that you need for Walk in Biometrics are 1) Biometric Apoointment Letter 2) Photo Id. Once your finger print information has been uploaded in their (USCIS)record and they stamp your appointment letter you do not have to do it again. Therefore, answer to your second question will be "No I will not go for biometrics in my scheduled date". Normally, the trend is biometric appointment followed by the interview appointment, so in your case you have plenty of waiting time,probably a year. So sit tight. Hope I covered all your questions let me know. Thank you

Thanks Olsson.

I think it will be "the right thing to do"
just to stay around and to "pay it forward"

I have an intention to be around until the end of
the Fiscal Year...

Well, Cogratulation, but please keep visiting this site and keep helping confused people like us.

Hey guys,
Ia m a DV 2011 winner and I have a question from you guys who went through this last year. In the letters we get from KCC it says that we should contact the local USCIS office. this business of going to local office is really confusing, I called USCIS 3 times last month and they said you don't need to go to the local office, follow the instruction online. The instruction on the USCIS as well as what all of the 2010 applicants did says submit your application to chicago lock box, I am guessing that after that step, you'll need to do your biometrics and interview at the local office? Am I right? How did your letters say? Or they have recently changed the process.
Thanks guys for help, you are great

AS00007***

Thanks for your concern fitness 901 but my deal wasnot like this few months ago, i was very busy and i was in and out of state a lot. So i wanted to have some one who will be doing the process for me because I didnt wanted to do any mistake and that why i hired the lawyer, U are right about this this i have been the member since jun 2009 but I started in this forum so as to be updated and really couldn't keep up with it because I just thought that the lawyer is taking care of the things, the problem started only when the lawyer repetitively asked me to apply for AOS to my earliest convenience such that the process could be faster, and she was very serious about it so getting some advice from the members of the firm then, they told me that the chances of getting rejected is very certain and i believed them but the lawyer didnt buy that idea and I had to go through all those consequences. It is just that when u have some one professional working for you, you will have some trust on them, but now i learned my lesson. However, i cannot go for CP because my visa has expired and I am enrolled full time for the semester so cannot leave the country. So AOS will be the better option. And being a good chance for life time, i have given up the project I was working on so that I can keep up with it.

And thanks for your guidance Capeolive, u made it crystal clear. I will be applying sooner now before this month ends. Hopefully things will then come back in track.
Hiring the lawyer is the biggest mistake I have ever done in my life..

hey summet,
i understand your condition. But do fast. i dont think u have to move to CP, AOS is good for you. But as you know time is most important. Don't think much just use the best possible option you have. You will be fine!!!!!

Hi nepal2010,

It is hard not to know where you are from
it is written all over your user name.

I was just teasing you.

Be wise, use your new status accordingly...

hey capeolive,
I think my username says it all, i m from Nepal. Hope you know where it is. To make you more easy, its where Mount Everest is. !!!!!
N where r u from???