• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

In the July (published on June, 2010) Visa bulletin it includes the result of DV 2011 lottery. As I am from asia I was checking the total number of lottery winner. From Asia total number of winner is less then 15000. Does anyone know why we have case number more than 15000?

Yeah, for Asia it may not be more than around 6-7k primary winners. And family members make out the rest for a total of ~14.5k.
i.e. only 6-7k PRIMARY confirmation numbers, and only that many CNs if assigned consecutively. If you see DV 06, this is what may have happened when the numbers got current after hitting ~7000.

But now it seems they MAY be assigning # s with gaps ( may be gaps left for family members, so rather than consecutively CN s go 00001, 0004,0008 so on, so when you finish a/c for around 7k 'family units' , # s would hit ~25-35k or more !!

PS: Separate blocks of numbers for specific 'high demand' countries become important when they have winners than the max. 3,850 total visas a country can get eventually. And if the demand is high those countries will have their own individual cut off numbers. For ex. see for Nigeria, Ethiopia and in past years this has happened to B'desh too.

Last edited by a moderator:
thnx for ur comment new one ..but i dont even know what is the best option, i already had a badluck last time, i lost my time, confidence and money at the same time so this time i am not in the place to be making any bad decision or making anything wrong, so i want to go with what is right and what will make sense, i wontbe taking my own decision or going with the lawyer till i know its right..

What do you mean "MONEY"? is that they will cash the check even they return your PKG?

What do you mean "MONEY"? is that they will cash the check even they return your PKG?

Yes.....!!, you're lucky if the package come returned 'intact' from the 1st pt of contact....Chicago Lock Box.....if not......

If that 'incentive' was not there, imagine all and their grandmas would be submitting their i-485s AT WILL !!

thnx for ur comment NUVF. so according to u if my case # is AS259** and it is in advance notice for august on the july visa bulletin, can I apply now?
and about ur question Zuno, I got my AOS rejected and I got nothing back, no money no PKG. just a letter declining my application for applying early.

thnx for ur comment NUVF. so according to u if my case # is AS259** and it is in advance notice for august on the july visa bulletin, can I apply now?

Look.....if an IO wants to follow the INA to the letter he/she can still REJECT based on the INA 'Visa # immediately avlbl?' clause.

BUT, the USCIS seems to have a CONSENSUS (as per some lawyers views and forum experience) when it come to accepting/adjudicating advance filings based on DV advance notice.
This is in fact has been adopted for the benefit of ppl like you whose #s become current at the tail end of FY.

DV11 Note: For ppl with low CNs whose #s may become current say Oct-March, it is still advisable to play REALLY SAFE and submit it in the 'current' month so even a 'novice' IO will have no trbl. JMO.

Look.....if an IO wants to follow the INA to the letter he/she can still REJECT based on the INA 'Visa # immediately avlbl?' clause.

BUT, the USCIS seems to have a CONSENSUS (as per some lawyers views and forum experience) when it come to accepting/adjudicating advance filings based on DV advance notice.
This is in fact has been adopted for the benefit of ppl like you whose #s become current at the tail end of FY.

DV11 Note: For ppl with low CNs whose #s may become current say Oct-March, it is still advisable to play REALLY SAFE and submit it in the 'current' month so even a 'novice' IO will have no trbl. JMO.

Agree, plus those who will be current in October cannot file early as FY2011 will not have begun yet.

Hey Summet

i was reading all your story about send you pkg to soon...........i see........... you join in the forum on Jun 2009......You were not followed the tread at all ,or you just trust the lawyer ? but still you need know what you want to do....... fast. Do you have an option to do CP ? that is another option you need to think if you number going be current on Aug. This is good chance in life time .so please do some thing

I wish you all my best

Hello fitness901,

Any news from your sister? Is she going to appeal? Please, keep us posted.

Best of luck!

Hey I2009

i always around here ...........check on every body and same thing i am addicting to this forum.
I always thankful to you how much you care.............
Yes she will appeal........what else she could do.she didn't sent it yet .hopefuly this week ,her laywer try her best , it it really hard but we keep try and pray. i will post what ever happen.

Thanks I2009

To the Applicants whose numbers will be current in August!

1. You are allowed to apply now.
Check the applicants signature who
were current in April and May most of
them applied "early". There is a USCIS
memo about it filing when seeing "Advance
Notification"

2. If you wait until August you will have
very slim chance to get the card.

3. DV Applications are not open-ended
applications. If the approval is not given
by September 30, 2010 the person looses
his/her chance.

4. Do your homework and study this forum.

5. Do not loose your "precious" time on asking
the same questions over and over.

6. Some of the lawyers do not know much
about the DV Process and they do not even know
that they don't know.

7. Time is running out. Make up your minds...

Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today, I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case status moved to PDA which means that
my green card has been sent.

I thank everybody who has been supporting me
with his/her prayers and good wishes. Those of
us still in the process have my prayers and best wishes.

I thank God who has been helping me on this journey...

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS CAPEOLIVE!!!
I hope you will be reunite with your family very soon! You always have good advice and lots of experience to share!
Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case moved to PDA which means that

Update On My Case!

Congrats!, soon GC will knock at your door!!

Just curios..

Next the NVC get your docs and schedule CP intvws for the family, is that how it goes?
Do you know what stage this is at now, can you call them to inqr?
Hope your home base is not a super busy DV post.

Good luck with the future process as well !!

Great News .........Capeolive

What is the next step now ? i know you were mention that you need your Green card copy to start for your family..........
So i wish you all my best for your next step............i really want to know all ,which form ,which support paper,etc.......... you need to summit for your family.
i know how good are you....... to share the information.......Please

Update On My Case!

Hi Friends,

Today I received an email and a text message on my case
showing that my case moved to PDA which means that

congrats capeolive!
your gc will be in the mailbox in the next few days!
soon it's time to reunite with the family!
God bless.

Thanks for your concern fitness 901 but my deal wasnot like this few months ago, i was very busy and i was in and out of state a lot. So i wanted to have some one who will be doing the process for me because I didnt wanted to do any mistake and that why i hired the lawyer, U are right about this this i have been the member since jun 2009 but I started in this forum so as to be updated and really couldn't keep up with it because I just thought that the lawyer is taking care of the things, the problem started only when the lawyer repetitively asked me to apply for AOS to my earliest convenience such that the process could be faster, and she was very serious about it so getting some advice from the members of the firm then, they told me that the chances of getting rejected is very certain and i believed them but the lawyer didnt buy that idea and I had to go through all those consequences. It is just that when u have some one professional working for you, you will have some trust on them, but now i learned my lesson. However, i cannot go for CP because my visa has expired and I am enrolled full time for the semester so cannot leave the country. So AOS will be the better option. And being a good chance for life time, i have given up the project I was working on so that I can keep up with it.

And thanks for your guidance Capeolive, u made it crystal clear. I will be applying sooner now before this month ends. Hopefully things will then come back in track.
Hiring the lawyer is the biggest mistake I have ever done in my life..