• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thak you. It was your suggestion and idea.

Hi Olsson,

What documents do you need to get into walk in biometrics? Are you going to do again in your scheduled date as well? May be dumb question but just trying to figure out in my case, this may buy me some more time. Good luck.

Hi x2010x,

After not hearing from you for some time,
I was somehow worried about you.
I am glad to hear you finally got your card.
Use your new status wisely. Congratulations...

Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know that today I received my GREEN CARD. I am soooo happy. My journey is finally over. Thank you again for always helping.

Congratulations nepal2010. In 3 weeks you'll get the card.

04/27/10 : Interview Appointment - no decision
05/12/10 : CPO for EAD
05/18/10 : Approval notice sent for EAD
05/19/10 : CPO for GC
05/22/10: EAD received
I-797 Welcome notice - application for GC approved
05/24/10 : CPO for GC ( second notification)
06/10/10 : Approval notice sent for GC
06/14/10 : Green Card Received

I got a letter from USCIS today welcoming me to United States as a permanent resident!!! It feels really good!!! Hope i'll get da actual card in few weeks!!!!

Hi nepal2010,
that's amazing!!!! I believe that filing is great.
I am so glad that things are going so fast for you.
A little bit more and you can enjoy and go celebrate:D

Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know that today I received my GREEN CARD. I am soooo happy. My journey is finally over. Thank you again for always helping.

Hi x2010x,
congratulations!!! So great!!!
Good luck and enjoy.....

hey guys,
i again got into a little bit of trouble, i called my lawyer telling her that my number is current but she is taking it easy and want to wait till the visa bulletin for august published next month, i told her that it should be fine to apply now because its only like 50 days for august to come and we can do that but then she shows her attitute as if she is a lawyer or I am the lawyer. so do you guys think it might be fine if i apply by the end of this month. i am trying my best to make her file now, but she is not listening to me at alll...

Hi Summet,

I really don't know what recommend in your case.
What she said has sense.
But if you look how long is gonna take whole process,
if you wait, you will be very short with time, but still will have enough.
We all sent our applications earlier and we all were fine.
It's up to you. You have to decide.
You are not lawyer, but your lawyer made mistake last time.

thnx for ur comment new one ..but i dont even know what is the best option, i already had a badluck last time, i lost my time, confidence and money at the same time so this time i am not in the place to be making any bad decision or making anything wrong, so i want to go with what is right and what will make sense, i wontbe taking my own decision or going with the lawyer till i know its right..

thnx for ur comment new one ..but i dont even know what is the best option, i already had a badluck last time, i lost my time, confidence and money at the same time so this time i am not in the place to be making any bad decision or making anything wrong, so i want to go with what is right and what will make sense, i wontbe taking my own decision or going with the lawyer till i know its right..

Hi Summet,
I really don't know.
I don't want to say to you "do it".
I'm not sure.
You can send 50 days in advance,
but you can not 4 months in advance.
My case will probably take all together 4 months.
There is a question how much time do you actually have.

my case number is 259** and the case is current in august and we have till sept 30 to get it done coz thats the last day for GC. and now its june 15 ..so what do u think..

Hi Summet,
I really don't know.
I don't want to say to you "do it".
I'm not sure.
You can send 50 days in advance,
but you can not 4 months in advance.
My case will probably take all together 4 months.
There is a question how much time do you actually have.

50 days in advance..
do you mean..if my CN became current in Aug, I can send the package about right now:confused:
My CN is AS265XX

Last edited by a moderator:
hi zuno,
when i got my declination letter, it just said that I can apply 90 days ahead of the number get current. and when i talked to the members in the forum they said 50 days. so now for august its 50 days.. i am also confused. i am trying to figure it out..

hi zuno,
when i got my declination letter, it just said that I can apply 90 days ahead of the number get current. and when i talked to the members in the forum they said 50 days. so now for august its 50 days.. i am also confused. i am trying to figure it out..

If the declination letter says 90days, I think it's good, cuz it's from official, I also read here's some post says 50 days, I think it's safe line to mail.
it's good news for me:D, cuz I thought, I have to wait until Aug to mail out my PKG:p

If the declination letter says 90days, I think it's good, cuz it's from official, I also read here's some post says 50 days, I think it's safe line to mail.
it's good news for me:D, cuz I thought, I have to wait until Aug to mail out my PKG:p

zuno, summet,
since the official uscis letter said at least 90 days then i agree with zuno - it's official. you have proof that uscis said to apply 90 days in advance (which infact is what was mentioned in a murthy law newsletter). i am also current in aug. if you can post either a scanned pdf or jpg of the letter from uscis that states 90 days, it will definitely give all of us a lot of confidence and peace of mind.

zuno and leongsce i will appretiate if u guys will put your signature as well.. we all are going current on august so we can do things together helping each other and getting help from our fellow members who are getting their interview or who have already got their GC..

Hi guys,

I really am happy for you x2010x!!!! I too thought that something happened (there were cases where the GC were mailed to a wrong address, etc). It is great to hear that you finally got your card. Congratulations and enjoy your new status!

hey guys,
i again got into a little bit of trouble, i called my lawyer telling her that my number is current but she is taking it easy and want to wait till the visa bulletin for august published next month, i told her that it should be fine to apply now because its only like 50 days for august to come and we can do that but then she shows her attitute as if she is a lawyer or I am the lawyer. so do you guys think it might be fine if i apply by the end of this month. i am trying my best to make her file now, but she is not listening to me at alll...

Hello Summet,

I really don't want to push you to make a decision but it is clear that you can apply 90 days ahead of your CN to become current as your declination letter clearly states.

Why we say 50 days? it is because we don't know the Visa Bulletin cut-off numbers with 90 days of anticipation. 50 days is about the time when you see your number becoming current in the next month's visa bulletin under the advance notification for DV.

Now, and please take it as a suggestion, I think that your relationship with your lawyer is not healthy. A relationship with a lawyer is based on trust and there seems to be a lack of trust between you and her (bidirectional). She committed a huge mistake before and did not take any responsibility on that. You are not forced to continue with her even though you signed the G-28. She is not the owner of your documents either.

You have time but there is not much time for mistakes!

All the best!

In the July (published on June, 2010) Visa bulletin it includes the result of DV 2011 lottery. As I am from asia I was checking the total number of lottery winner. From Asia total number of winner is less then 15000. Does anyone know why we have case number more than 15000?

thanks for ur reply i2009. U are right about the relation we have. Its just that I am not feelign confident about getting her completely out, but like you said i cannot make no more mistakes so i am waiting till this week and will send the documents by end of this week or next week on the earlist so that I can get my interview by august. coz i have seen from my experience that, it usually take about from 3-5 weeks for biometric to get done from the date you file the AOS and after that next 3 weeks to get the Interview( roughly). so I am trying not to waste time nor do any mistakeS..
iF I AM WRONG ABOUT THE TIME LINE CAN ANY ONE ESTIMATE THE TIME LINE FROM SENDING AOS LETTER TO GETTING THE BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT AND THEN THE INTERVIEW..

Congrats x2010x and nepal2010. So happy for you guys.

Olsson, I'm glad you took our advice and did your bio....I hope your biometric will be there in time. Good luck.

In the July (published on June, 2010) Visa bulletin it includes the result of DV 2011 lottery. As I am from asia I was checking the total number of lottery winner. From Asia total number of winner is less then 15000. Does anyone know why we have case number more than 15000?

Not everyone who is selected will pursue the lottery, and for those that do pursue, there will be some cases that may end up not getting a visa...The following is stated in the VB:
"Approximately 100,600 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2011 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2011 (October 1, 2010 until September 30, 2011). " This is where the case number becomes important, the lower it is, the better your chances are of getting it.

Hold on...those who are freaking out about '90 days'....DO NOT UNNECESSARILY COMPLICATE YOUR CASE & CHANCES !!

The fact is in the LAW, in INA 1....."Applicant need to have a visa # available IMMEDIATELY at the time of submitting an i-485"

This is why ALL others except DV ppl (like employment based, family based etc.) can submit i-485 ONLY when the actual 'current' month arrive.

Some law suits and common sense gave rise to the concept of 'Advanced Notice' for DV winners and it is not the law but just a MEMO said they can apply early when they see 'advanced notice' on VB.

At that time (~1998 I think) the 'advance' was 90 days but now it is different, about 50 days.

But the fact remain that the DV 'advance benefit' come on the day you see the 'advance notice'

If you want to complicate your stuff go file 90 days in advance and hope that the IO would give you the benefit of the doubt. (True...SOME ppl have got approved prior yrs after filing not 90 days but 5-6 months in advance!!!)
Else....follow the common sense approach that gave DV winners an 'advance' benefit by giving 'advance notice'...i.e. follow the DV i-485 rule of thumb..."FILE ONLY a) AFTER OCT. 01ST AND b) ONLY AFTER YOUU SEE YOUR NUMBER APPEAR ON THE 'ADVANCED NOTICE' OF THE VB.

Good Luck !