• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

HI Nepal2010,
I am really confused about that, but i got my social security number on the medical and also i will be sending the copy of the EAD that i got after i filed for the AOS last time so i hope that should work. Because, once they assign the A# it is supposed to be the same. And regarding your case what's the next stage, u will be approved for the resident tution all you got to do is go to the admission office and just give them your GC after you get it , if not u can go there with your I485 receipt and then you will qualify for resident fee, you dont need to go to the international office for that, but just check to international office as well in case, coz in the university i am going to they didnt ask for nothing than the I485. And for FAFSA u can apply with the A#. and since u already got it, u can go ahead and apply for that.
I am telling you all this in reference to fren of mine who got his residency last year and went through those processes, hope thats gonna work.

Guys,
they order the production of my card n my online status changed from acceptance to card production. I also got my EAD today. I may not need it though!!!!
Best of luck to all of u guys for ur process!!!! I will be here until all of we go green!!!

Hi nepal2010,
congratulations!!! That's great but you won't need it.
Soon you'll be green:D

Guys,
they order the production of my card n my online status changed from acceptance to card production. I also got my EAD today. I may not need it though!!!!
Best of luck to all of u guys for ur process!!!! I will be here until all of we go green!!!

Congrats. That's a wonderful news.

Hi Everyone,

While I am still weighing my options for changing my AOS to CP, I thought I should finish my filling my applications. You guys may think what this guy is upto. I was kind of slowed down due to waiting for almost 1 yr for getting my CN current and its about finish line, I am losing my breath. But you guys are the great moral support to keep me going. Hope one day, I will get to meet you guys...such a positive feedback.

This may be my stupid long laundry lists but I am sure you guys will help me. I am in the process of completing my forms and have many questions, please help.

++++++FORM I-765 ( I am in H1B and spouse on F1)

Questions:

10. A # or I-94:

I am not sure about A #. I had A # when I used OPT...should I put my I-94 number? (I used the OPT A#...it should be the same in all the OPT's you've had...I had 2)

11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization with USCIS? (YES)

I am in H1b right now.....

12. Which USCIS office? (When you applied for OPT and H1B, what office did you send your documents at, Nebraska??? etc. You can find this info in the approval form they sent after you applied, hopefully you saved this documents/approval notices)

Results ? (If you were approved for OPT and H1B, then type: granted)

++++++++++ FORM: Travel document (I-131)+++
Part 1: What will be the A #? Once I had A# of my OPT, other than that I dont remember having one. My spouse in still in F1 so she never had A#. Should we leave it out?
1. A # (yes, OPT A# will be just fine for you, leave blank for spouse)

Maila, I responded to some questions in red. I'll respond later to some of your other questions...these were all I knew at the top of my head, I have to look for my documents since I put them away and see what I put for some questions you're asking. I never applied for Advance Parole or Traveling Documents...didn't see the point. Green Card came in no time and to me it seemed like it defeated the purpose. However, every case is different. Anyways, best of luck to you.

Hi nepal2010,

Congratulations on your CPO. Lately it has been
taking around 3 weeks to get green cards after
CPO. Meanwhile most likely you will get a Welcome
Letter...

Guys,

Hi maila,

I think you should not be filing I-765 and I-131
at this point...

For I-485 first read the instructions thoroughly then if
you still have questions ask them...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Hi Everyone,

While I am still weighing my options for changing my AOS to CP, I thought I should finish my filling my applications. You guys may think what this guy is upto. I was kind of slowed down due to waiting for almost 1 yr for getting my CN current and its about finish line, I am losing my breath. But you guys are the great moral support to keep me going. Hope one day, I will get to meet you guys...such a positive feedback.

This may be my stupid long laundry lists but I am sure you guys will help me. I am in the process of completing my forms and have many questions, please help.

++++++FORM I-765 ( I am in H1B and spouse on F1)

Questions:

I applying for: permission to accept employment?

10. A # or I-94:

I am not sure about A #. I had A # when I used OPT...should I put my I-94 number?

11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization with USCIS?

I am in H1b right now.....

12. Which USCIS office?

Results ?

16 and 17??

++++++++++ FORM: Travel document (I-131)+++
Part 1: What will be the A #? Once I had A# of my OPT, other than that I dont remember having one. My spouse in still in F1 so she never had A#. Should we leave it out?
1. A #

Part 3:
1 and 2: I don't have any set data plans? What you guys put?

Part 4: Information about your proposed travel:
What should I put here?

Part 5: Complete only if applying for Reentry permit?
Do I need to fill this one.

Part 7: Complete only if Applying for Advance parole:

What do I have to put here..

1. How many trips?

###FORM I-484 (My spouse in DV winner and F1 and I am H1b)
Part2:
What do we have to put here? I thought I will put my spouse" DV 2010 winner. CN: 2010ASXXXX
For myself: option "b"

Part 3: Section B:

Same question about A#....For F1(who never had OPT) and me(H1B who had OPT and A#)

++++

Thank you guys for help. Good luck to everyone whose CN has become current.

Maila, I responded to some questions in red. I'll respond later to some of your other questions...these were all I knew at the top of my head, I have to look for my documents since I put them away and see what I put for some questions you're asking. I never applied for Advance Parole or Traveling Documents...didn't see the point. Green Card came in no time and to me it seemed like it defeated the purpose. However, every case is different. Anyways, best of luck to you.

Nokira,

Thank you so much for taking time to write. Very much appreciated.

I have been thinking about I-765 and I-131, and suggestion of NuvF: What's the point of filing these forms if I am at the end of process. So I may be be opting out this. What is your opinion?

BTW, for I-485: Do we need to file only i485 form or also supplementary form of i485?
When we send in our package, do we (me and my spouse) need to send the package separately or we can send it together (provided if we go with AOS).

Hi maila,

You should send the applications in the same envelope
but separate them with a rubber band. Also make
sure to use separate checks for each applicant.
You can check the following link on assembling applications
for mailing...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

Dear NuvF,

Thanks for the prompt comment. I thin you are right, it wont do any good if we file i-765 or 131 because we are almost at the end. Appreciate your thoughtful suggestion.

Could you please help on my question about I-485 that I posted about A # and part 2?

When we file the I-485, do we have to file (post) or papers separately? or we can send in one package?

I have not found out about the DV experience in home CP. BTW, my home CP office will be Kathmandu, Nepal. I am still leaning on changing to CP but scary thought of getting my spouse in trouble who is in F1. May be in the worst case, I have bring her back using h4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi nepal2010,

You'll get your green card in about three weeks then you can go to
the international office and they are going to do the necessary changes.
You should also change or get social security card. To be able to apply
for some student credits and financial aid you should register with
selective services...

http://www.sss.gov/

I have a question with u guys who were on F1 before adjusting ur status. Can u tell me whats da next step now? Do u need to contact the international officer or ??? Were u approved for the resident tuition?? Did u guys filled FAFSA??

Maila,

there are few Nepali's in the this and other main DV forums who may be able to give a better idea about the embassy info for CP.

As far as I know it is a 'very busy' DV post. Scheduling / re scheduling of appts. are very strict.
Also, if you go you have to have police report from Nepal, and how 'easy' is getting that?

My advise for you.....stick with AoS, your case seems to me straight fwd enough for USCIS, but you only know how much that is true!

Good Luck !

Maila,

there are few Nepali's in the this and other main DV forums who may be able to give a better idea about the embassy info for CP.

As far as I know it is a 'very busy' DV post. Scheduling / re scheduling of appts. are very strict.
Also, if you go you have to have police report from Nepal, and how 'easy' is getting that?

My advise for you.....stick with AoS, your case seems to me straight fwd enough for USCIS, but you only know how much that is true!

Good Luck !

Thank you NuvF and capeolive.

I hope to get comments from Nepalese in this forum regarding my issue. As far as I know, it is won't be that bad to get police report from Nepal. May take a week.

Thanks Capeolive and Nuvf for your answers. There is so much information on the 2010 thread that sometimes I get confused with the process but I am getting there.

Hey Nepal2010,
i was just wondering how long did it took you from your number getting current to the date of your interview?. I just wanted to calculate my time with respect to urs since we both are from dallas and is it fine if i apply for my AOS this week or do you think i should wait. what will be the best option in your opinion.
it looks like , your number got current for month of april and you applied late march.Had you applied earlier, do u think your interview date would have been a bit earlier??
any suggestion from any of the forum members..
Coz if i go with nepal2010's signature, it will take almost 3 months from the date your number will be current and i cannot efford that long time..

i added some information

there freinds im from morocoo i have CN: AF00067492 what can u say to me !!
i wanna answer plz!!!!!!

Hey Nepal2010,
i was just wondering how long did it took you from your number getting current to the date of your interview?. I just wanted to calculate my time with respect to urs since we both are from dallas and is it fine if i apply for my AOS this week or do you think i should wait. what will be the best option in your opinion.
it looks like , your number got current for month of april and you applied late march.Had you applied earlier, do u think your interview date would have been a bit earlier??
any suggestion from any of the forum members..
Coz if i go with nepal2010's signature, it will take almost 3 months from the date your number will be current and i cannot efford that long time..
hey summet,
the reason i applied late was coz of my own personal problem. i dint mean to wait for that long. But i was kinda unpreapred when mu number got current so it took me some time to file for AOS. But if i had filed earlier i had every chance of getting my intrview earlier. Coz KCC will have no problem sending the file to field office (upon request) when ur number gets current. So in ur case KCC will send ur file to field office on the month of August and i guess u will have ur interview on the same month. In my view, Dallas office wants to process DV AOS case as soon as possible but they need to wait for the number to get current. In my case I got my interview in less than 3 months after I applied.
I know what u been going ryt now. But just do what other people been doing you will get it. What I have found (in dallas dv cases), if u r in status and got no criminal cases then its 100% sure.They call you to interview just to see ur face. You dont need no sponsor or affidavit of support, coz they havent ask for that with anyone. And as I already said we all had the same IO and she is informed with dv cases a lot better. She even told me winning lottery is a great opportunity but lot of people waste it because of premature filing. She told me this year also somebody applied before the number gets current and we had to deny that case ( i dnt know if she ws talkin abt u).

Thank you NuvF and capeolive.

I hope to get comments from Nepalese in this forum regarding my issue. As far as I know, it is won't be that bad to get police report from Nepal. May take a week.

Hey maila,
I don't how is the police report process these days, but when i get it ( 2 yrs ago) , i got it on the same day. Just go to the police office located there in ratnapark, fill a form, and u will get it on da same day or the day after. Hope it helps!!!!!!