• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi i2009,

I remember good old days, OK may be not so good.
One time I found out about the upcoming visa bulletin
before it was announced here thorough the US embassy's
site. Another time on 5th of the month. Another time 7/2007
after it was out in two weeks they updated it and made EB
categories unavailable, etc. etc.

You and me are the ones should appreciate the cards the most.

Enjoy your status and use it wisely...

Hello capeolive,

It is funny, I too found that the Consulate at Mumbai India would issue the Visa Bulletin for Family and Employment based cases ahead of the official DOS web site. I was like glued to those websites. A couple of times my priority date became current and then retrogressed or became unavailable. It really was discouraging!!!!!!

I am sure that you'll get good news this coming week and that you'll finally get your green card.

Rest assured that I will make good and responsible use of my new status.

All,
I called KCC and found that my file has not been sent to USCIS. The lady explained me they send file to USCIS only if they requests..... I am kind of confused how to contact my local USCIS office and ask them to request my file from KCC. The only way I know is INFO PASS. guys let me know your thought. Thank you

I agree with capeolive, maybe they did not request your file because the lack of your biometrics. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do as far as I know. It is a gray area but the biometrics appointment is scheduled by Missouri Service Center and the interview appointment is scheduled by the Field Office. I definitely would try to get the walk-in biometrics done and then call KCC again to check if your file has been requested.

Keep us posted and best of luck!

Hi leongsce,

There are different files at different locations.

1. KCC has a DV file on the applicant.
2. NBC has an AOS file on the applicant (this is the one sent to Chicago)

* These files are sent to the Local USCIS Field Office upon request, so that they can conduct the interviews.

3. Also the person who has applied for AOS in the past has an A-File on a Service Center.

* If A-File exists they send it up on request as well to the Local USCIS Field Office for the interview.

It is important to understand how NBC works I posted something about it in the past.
If anybody needs further information I can post it again...

olsson,
pls correct me if i'm wrong but i thot that if we're doing aos, kcc no longer handles our cases and it's all under uscis jurisdiction. so when we submit our package to chicago, they route it to a service center and that's where all our data is kept. and when the case is ready for interview or adjudication it goes to the local uscis office routed from the service center.
could it be this reason that kcc said to you that usics have not requested your file? do they need to? what data does kcc has that uscis doesn't?
capeolive, i2009, forme or bentlebee ... maybe you guys can help shed some light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
they order the production of my card n my online status changed from acceptance to card production. I also got my EAD today. I may not need it though!!!!
Best of luck to all of u guys for ur process!!!! I will be here until all of we go green!!!

I agree with capeolive, maybe they did not request your file because the lack of your biometrics. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do as far as I know. It is a gray area but the biometrics appointment is scheduled by Missouri Service Center and the interview appointment is scheduled by the Field Office. I definitely would try to get the walk-in biometrics done and then call KCC again to check if your file has been requested.

Keep us posted and best of luck!

Thank you Capeolive and i2009. I will definately go for walkin Biometrics coming Monday.

hi i 2009,
The reason that "I have to " get a lawyer to send it , is because, first she has most of my documents, i dont have all them documents with me. secondly, she is so mean that if i act as if i am telling her something she dont know she tries to get smart and the out come has never got so good. so since i have already filed the appearance of attorney i dont want to be screwing anything now or make it complicated, i have already told her that the number is current so i might be seeeing her sometime next week, sign the paper and send th edocuments, i am just waiting for the day when i dont have to deal with her any more. And ya the medical is sealed but then again the doctors office messed up on one thing, they gave me the form to fill up where i put the information and on the A# I put the new one that i got with the new EAD card, instead of the older one with my OPT and when he signed the paper he put the old date when i had the test. so now the thing is that i have the medical with the date on it with the A# which i got after i submitted the medical however, the social and everything else is still the same. I talked to the doctor's office and they just told me that, until its mine it doesnt matter and that might make it the immigration easier to deal with my file with the new A#. what do u guys think of that. I thought it woulnd be a problem.

Hello to all!!
It has been a few days since a check the forum and so much has happened!! It took me a while to read all these pages... Well let me see if I remember all: First, I am really sorry to hear about your sister Fitness 901 she has been living for a long time here and deserves better result! I need to congratulate Nepal2010 for his excellent interview and i2009 for getting his GC!!!!! Also, I am really happy to know that Summet’# is finally current. Last but not least I want to thank you Capeolive for your good advises regarding my complex case. Sorry if I forgot to mention anyone else but you all have my best wishes! Izzy120 I also received my 2NL today!! So happy too!! I was also not sure what to submit regarding my spouse, so your questions and the answers you received also help me a lot!
I have two questions now: Why is everyone mentioning Chicago lock box? Do I have to submit to the Chicago lock box too? Because I was planning to use the USCIS in Newark, NJ.
My second question is: In my 2NL they said that I must submit the DV NL to the USCIS office in order to apply for AOS. Does this mean that I have to send a letter informing them about my intention of AOS now? Thanks again for sharing so much information I have been reading this thread so much that I feel like I know all you guys already!

Hi R2010,

* The DV AOS Applications are sent to Chicago Lockbox.
* They are then transferred to NBC.
* They are then transferred to Local USCIS Offices for the interviews.

I will post some information which I posted way back on
how NBC works. Understanding the process would be helpful.

As I said before, read this forum from the first page.
There is a "treasure" hidden within this forum...

USCIS Chicago Lockbox Addresses

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
P.0. Box 805387
Chicago, IL 60680- 4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hello to all!!
It has been a few days since a check the forum and so much has happened!! It took me a while to read all these pages... Well let me see if I remember all: First, I am really sorry to hear about your sister Fitness 901 she has been living for a long time here and deserves better result! I need to congratulate Nepal2010 for his excellent interview and i2009 for getting his GC!!!!! Also, I am really happy to know that Summet’# is finally current. Last but not least I want to thank you Capeolive for your good advises regarding my complex case. Sorry if I forgot to mention anyone else but you all have my best wishes! Izzy120 I also received my 2NL today!! So happy too!! I was also not sure what to submit regarding my spouse, so your questions and the answers you received also help me a lot!
I have two questions now: Why is everyone mentioning Chicago lock box? Do I have to submit to the Chicago lock box too? Because I was planning to use the USCIS in Newark, NJ.
My second question is: In my 2NL they said that I must submit the DV NL to the USCIS office in order to apply for AOS. Does this mean that I have to send a letter informing them about my intention of AOS now? Thanks again for sharing so much information I have been reading this thread so much that I feel like I know all you guys already!

Thanks for ur concern R2010, and I do agree with capeolive, coz chicago mail box is the only address for your AOS. only the final documents to be received is at your local office. I dont have a lot of knowledge about it like capeolive, but when asked I was given this information at INfopass when i said why i just send it to this office rather than making the process long. And I hope that you will get the important information for ur case in this firm, because I learned a lot from here. and best of luck.
I am doing my best from the knowledge I got from this firm such that my lawyer wont be able to screw me again. keeping my fingers crossed

Guys,
they order the production of my card n my online status changed from acceptance to card production. I also got my EAD today. I may not need it though!!!!
Best of luck to all of u guys for ur process!!!! I will be here until all of we go green!!!

Congrats nepal! Enjoy your new status!!! :)

Hello maila,

So sorry to hear that your number did not show up in the July Visa Bulletin. CP and AOS both have good and bad things. What makes CP risky is that you may get stuck overseas or denied and a CP is hard to appeal. I know of a person who was stuck overseas for more than a month because the Consular Officer did not want to renew his H1B visa.

If your case has no issues and you have a solid affidavit of support, then I would consider switching to CP. Can your husband switch to H4 should the GC is not approved? I doubt that they will approve another F1.

If you decide to stick with AOS, wait one more month to file your petition, don't take the risk of doing it right now. Meanwhile get everything ready and checked so you can mail your package as soon as the new Visa Bulletin is out.

Best of luck!

First of all, thanks to NuvF, Capeolive, i2009 and others for taking time to write.
I am in H1b and my visa is still valid till next year and my spouse who is the principal applicant is in F1b. I think it will be possible to change her status from F1 to h4 but worrying situation is that she will be finishing her grad school this fall. So, if she is stuck back home then her 5 yrs of gradschool will be at steak. So far, we did not have any issue with our visa.

Its been really great dilemma.

Nuvf,
when i went to the website u send for NBC explained it says that after NBC gets the appication, there is this process.
NBC determines if record (i.e., A-File) already exists for applicant.

� If not, NBC creates A-File

� If so, NBC creates T-File and requests A-File from holding office
does that mean if have already filed my AOS they should have my record????

Help with I-485, I-765 and I-131

Hi Everyone,

While I am still weighing my options for changing my AOS to CP, I thought I should finish my filling my applications. You guys may think what this guy is upto. I was kind of slowed down due to waiting for almost 1 yr for getting my CN current and its about finish line, I am losing my breath. But you guys are the great moral support to keep me going. Hope one day, I will get to meet you guys...such a positive feedback.

This may be my stupid long laundry lists but I am sure you guys will help me. I am in the process of completing my forms and have many questions, please help.

++++++FORM I-765 ( I am in H1B and spouse on F1)

Questions:

I applying for: permission to accept employment?

10. A # or I-94:

I am not sure about A #. I had A # when I used OPT...should I put my I-94 number?

11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization with USCIS?

I am in H1b right now.....

12. Which USCIS office?

Results ?

16 and 17??

++++++++++ FORM: Travel document (I-131)+++
Part 1: What will be the A #? Once I had A# of my OPT, other than that I dont remember having one. My spouse in still in F1 so she never had A#. Should we leave it out?
1. A #

Part 3:
1 and 2: I don't have any set data plans? What you guys put?

Part 4: Information about your proposed travel:
What should I put here?

Part 5: Complete only if applying for Reentry permit?
Do I need to fill this one.

Part 7: Complete only if Applying for Advance parole:

What do I have to put here..

1. How many trips?

###FORM I-484 (My spouse in DV winner and F1 and I am H1b)
Part2:
What do we have to put here? I thought I will put my spouse" DV 2010 winner. CN: 2010ASXXXX
For myself: option "b"

Part 3: Section B:

Same question about A#....For F1(who never had OPT) and me(H1B who had OPT and A#)

++++

Thank you guys for help. Good luck to everyone whose CN has become current.

Maila,

Is there any pt filing i-765 or 131?
its too far into FY to get any benifit from these before Sept 30th.
and on the otherhand, you are on h1B with no prob in working or travelling, and she with F1 should not use these to 'preserve' her F1 status.
So I think you should not worry about these 2, just i-485.

JMO!

Best!

PS: Did you find out about DV experience of your home embassy from others, for your CP option?

Nuvf,
when i went to the website u send for NBC explained it says that after NBC gets the appication, there is this process.
NBC determines if record (i.e., A-File) already exists for applicant.

� If not, NBC creates A-File

� If so, NBC creates T-File and requests A-File from holding office
does that mean if have already filed my AOS they should have my record????

They sure do have an A file for you now, with your earlier i-485.
But I think it will have nothing to do with your new i-485, you may most probably get a new A#.
IO may request your earlier file too. I think its nothing to worry on your part, they should have clear guidelines how to handle these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maila,

Is there any pt filing i-765 or 131?
its too far into FY to get any benifit from these before Sept 30th.
and on the otherhand, you are on h1B with no prob in working or travelling, and she with F1 should not use these to 'preserve' her F1 status.
So I think you should not worry about these 2, just i-485.

JMO!

Best!

PS: Did you find out about DV experience of your home embassy from others, for your CP option?

Dear NuvF,

Thanks for the prompt comment. I thin you are right, it wont do any good if we file i-765 or 131 because we are almost at the end. Appreciate your thoughtful suggestion.

Could you please help on my question about I-485 that I posted about A # and part 2?

When we file the I-485, do we have to file (post) or papers separately? or we can send in one package?

I have not found out about the DV experience in home CP. BTW, my home CP office will be Kathmandu, Nepal. I am still leaning on changing to CP but scary thought of getting my spouse in trouble who is in F1. May be in the worst case, I have bring her back using h4.

that is what i thought. hopefully every thing goes fine. and ya i really didn't get answers for my last question, i had this new medical report from the doctors office where i have the date that was 6 months ago when i initially did the medical with the A# that I got recently 2 months ago with my EAD card. when i asked the person in the office who made the report, he just replied that its not a problem. I thought that he gonna put the new date on it but he ended up with the old date and new A# and he answered me confidently that this might even make them easier with the new A#. Do u think its fine, because, that is also my A# and i do have my social and every other information the same.

hey summet,
m not sure bt i guess u need to put ur old A#, i dnt knw if ur new A# is still valid or not after they deny ur application. and about the date it maynot matter coz its still valid. I understand u dint had that A# at da date signed by the doctor. May be someone with da same situation can help you.

I have a question with u guys who were on F1 before adjusting ur status. Can u tell me whats da next step now? Do u need to contact the international officer or ??? Were u approved for the resident tuition?? Did u guys filled FAFSA??