• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Documents that I am sending this time. this is all the documents I have and when i checked the list of documents required these were the one that were madated. the members in this forum did ask me to send the college certificates, but my lawyer(one handeling my case) is debating that my I20 will show my status and my enrollment. keeping my fingers crossed coz she doesnt listen to anything, and its too late for me to be taking case out of her hand..
Form G-28 Notice of entry of appearance as attorney
form I-485
G-325A biographic information
2 passport size photo
copy of dv selection letter from department of state
copy of diversity visa fee paid
birth certificate
all biographic data like I-20, f-1 visa, I-94, showing the legal status
copy of medical exam

for I-765
g-28
I-765
2 photo
data page of passport
I-20, f-1 student visa, I-94
previous EAD card

for I-131
g-28
I-131 application
2 photo
passport photo cpy
i-20,I-94 and visa copy
Copy of EAD card

Hi NuvF,

Thanks for taking time to write. How would I know if the US embassy back home is busy and flexible?
I am concerned about my spouse who is in F1 status and about to finish this year.
So when you changed from AOS to CP did you have to write letter? In our US embassy back home (web page) says that we need to bring letter with appointment because they do not have any information about who won the DV.
I am kind of freaking out because not sure how long it will take for USCIS to do our finger printing and interview...last time we did Infopass they seems to have no clue..but I am sure he was not IO.
I think we will be current in September..do you thin we will have chance if we stick with AOS...just a thought. Appreciate your help.

Please anyone from this forum chime in.

maila,
i tend to agree with nuvf ... stick with aos. you have been prepared and about to reach the finish line. there are risks involved in switching now too. if things get delayed in relaying your case to your consulate or something goes wrong ... you have little time to correct it. but since you are already fully prepared to do aos (i'm sure all your i485 package and docs are ready), you are just waiting to submit it, right? since we all know that everyone will be current in sept ... maybe you may want to consider submitting now. it's a risk but you have to decide. at least you can get a head start to the process.

Summet,

Are you grad or u'grad?
if former, include a copy of your u'grad college/univ. certificate.
If latter, you will have to include your 'high school' diploma/cert ....simple as that, well its upto you to listen to 'her' or not!

I am on my senior year of my undergrad however, i got my associate in science and I got the certificate for that so i will have to force her to be putting them as well..
so on the document that i mentioned I will put my high school certificate and copy of my associate.
thanks a lot for ur support guys specially capeolive, NuvF, Nepal2010 ,i2009. It was frostating to have a lawyer and go through all these things. However, u guys haven been a hope for me and I am very pumped about the process, I will let you know after I file my I485

Hi i2009,

You beat me this time but you deserve it...

Good to see you around...

Hello capeolive,

So many years waiting for the Visa Bulletin (since I started my employment-base AOS) so I set a bot to let me know when their website changes ;-)

Hey guys,
I got my number current for august, i got all the documents ready, but just have to get the lawyer to send them to the locker office. It just sad that even knowing that the lawyer doesnt worth a single penny, i have to be working with her.
any advice will be appretiate. I posted the list of the documents I am sending in my previous posts.
thanks

Hello Summet,

Why is that you "have" to get the lawyer to send your package?

The list of documents that you posted seems good to me. Only one question, you are sending the copy of the medical or the sealed envelope?

Check, double check everything before closing the envelope and write (with pencil) your case number at the top right hand of each form page. Make it clear, in the cover letter, that it is a DV case.

Good luck!

Hi Olsson,

Yes, it has been done before. It is acceptable.
It really depends on the people working at the
ASC Center. You should go there with interview
letter and explain the situation. It can be done...

Thank you all for your suggestions and Idea, and you all are right it does not harm for walk in Biometrics. If they allow me that would be great if not i have my date already set. So, I am thinking of going on this monday for the walkin Biometrics and would try to expalin my situation. I hope they will let me. Once again thak you all for your help and suggestions.

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for our number to be current for about an year. For many people the visa bulletin for July must have been lucky outcome but for us it is really sad impact. We are left behind by just 200 number behind for the Asia (28700). We applied for AOS but it seems AOS won't be good route since I expect we will be current in September. My primary (DV winner) is in F1 and I am in H1B. We are just worried if we go home for CP then she may get in trouble due to her F1 status. Anyone had this sort of situation? How long it takes to do CP from AOS? What do we have to do? Just by calling or sending email to KCC will suffice? what happens to our AOs fees we paid ($375x2)?

We are kind of lost now... I know this forum is great resource and people like i2009 and others have supported this forum all the way they can. Please give us your feedback because we need to decide soon so that we can take right move. Do you think we should speak with lawyers too? I know many people had bad experience with lawyers...I am counting on this forum.

Thanks.

Hello maila,

So sorry to hear that your number did not show up in the July Visa Bulletin. CP and AOS both have good and bad things. What makes CP risky is that you may get stuck overseas or denied and a CP is hard to appeal. I know of a person who was stuck overseas for more than a month because the Consular Officer did not want to renew his H1B visa.

If your case has no issues and you have a solid affidavit of support, then I would consider switching to CP. Can your husband switch to H4 should the GC is not approved? I doubt that they will approve another F1.

If you decide to stick with AOS, wait one more month to file your petition, don't take the risk of doing it right now. Meanwhile get everything ready and checked so you can mail your package as soon as the new Visa Bulletin is out.

Best of luck!

Hi Olsson,

mine interview is on 22nd.
So you'll have yours one day later.
I'll pray for both of us to have good IOs and smooth interviews.
Good luck!!!

Thank you for the pray I need it. Good luck for you and I will also pray for both of us for good interview.

...I am posting a "sample" cover letter...

Thank you capeolive for being so helpful, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

My case maybe a bit complicated or maybe I am making it complicated myself, nevertheless, I was seeking some advice from you and others as to what to do in my case. This might sound like a dumb question, but I wasn't sure what to do...Here's the deal... I am the PA, on H4, have not been employed in the past 6 months but I have worked in the past as a RN in the US for about a year on OPT, hold US degrees. My husband is on H1B, has a pretty good job since the past 5 years. My question is, since there will be two 485s (one for me and one for my hubby), do I need to include same documents as proof for my husband as well? Taking your list as an example, I have done the following in my case (Please note that I have no employment income at present and will be proving financial stability through my spouse's employment) please pardon any typos...:

FOR ME (Primary Applicant):
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copy of EADs - total 2 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of NOA for H4 – total 1 NOA
15. Copy of NOA for H1B for spouse – total 2 NOAs

14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas
17. Copy of Birth Certificate.
18. Copy of Marriage Certificate.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Past Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs. (I am not currently employed and my last paystub was 6 months ago, should I include the last 3 anyway?)
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements (My husband and I have separate savings and checking accounts, I was thinking of including statements from all accounts, i.e., from both mine and my husband’s accounts). Suggestions?

I was on F-1, then OPT, then H4. My last US visa was F1 and it expired in 2007, although I completed school in fall 2008, do you think I need to include my last I-20?

Also, on mine, do I need to include documents for my spouse’s job…? As stated earlier, I have no current income and in order to prove financial stability, I was going to include his payslips and employment letter for my I-485 portion…What do you suggest?

FOR MY HUSBAND:

8. Copy of EADs - total 1 EAD.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter – (For spouse) Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
17. Copies of H1B NOAs – total 2 NOAs
17. Copy of Marriage Certificate.
20. Copy of Post Grad Diploma

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements (Same as above, should I include statements for both mine and my husband’s accounts for his portion of I-485 as well?) .

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello Izzy120,

I don't think that your case is complicated or that you are doing something to make it complex. You're doing the right thing trying to educate yourself. The experience says that this process is simple albeit tricky and that lawyers are of no help. There so many examples throughout the forums of people having issues because the lawyers did not proceed right.

Anyway, the lists of documents look good to me, I have a couple of suggestions though.

For your package:
1) Just send copies of your H4 (don't need to send your husband's H1B in your package)
2) Include the Bank Statement in your package. I don't think it is needed in your husband's.
3) Don't include your husband's job documentation in your package.
4) The Tax returns should be in your package (if joint tax return)

For your husband's package:
1) Do include his employment letter, and latest pay stubs.
2) Education proof is not needed for dependents but it won't hurt.
3) I also had doubts about including the Proof of Eligibility (i.e. NL1 from KCC) in my wife's package but I did and nobody complained.

Congratulations, you seem to be doing a great job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you i2009 for your prompt reply. I am refraining from sending in the Affidavit of Support form with my package, although I will have it at the time of my interview, whether asked for or not. Do you think I should include my past employment letter/latest paystubs although they are over 6 months old?

Again, I can't thank you guys enough, this is THE Best forum...and you know what...while typing this very message, I got the NL2!!!! They sent it by FedEx Express!!! :D :D :D :D

Thank you i2009 for your prompt reply. I am refraining from sending in the Affidavit of Support form with my package, although I will have it at the time of my interview, whether asked for or not. Do you think I should include my past employment letter/latest paystubs although they are over 6 months old?

Again, I can't thank you guys enough, this is THE Best forum...and you know what...while typing this very message, I got the NL2!!!! They sent it by FedEx Express!!! :D :D :D :D

Hello Izzy120,

You are very welcome, remember we have all been there so we know what it feels to have all those questions.

You don't need to send the Affidavit of Support with your AOS package. You can show it during the interview "if" required.

I don't think that it will be of any help sending your latest pay stubs and/or employment letter. If the officer can see that yours is a legitimate marriage and that your husband is doing well, then, there is no reason to think that the Officer will require an affidavit of support.

Congratulations on receiving your 2NL, it feels great to receive those mails from the DOS and/or USCIS.

All,
I called KCC and found that my file has not been sent to USCIS. The lady explained me they send file to USCIS only if they requests..... I am kind of confused how to contact my local USCIS office and ask them to request my file from KCC. The only way I know is INFO PASS. guys let me know your thought. Thank you

All,
I called KCC and found that my file has not been sent to USCIS. The lady explained me they send file to USCIS only if they requests..... I am kind of confused how to contact my local USCIS office and ask them to request my file from KCC. The only way I know is INFO PASS. guys let me know your thought. Thank you

olsson,
pls correct me if i'm wrong but i thot that if we're doing aos, kcc no longer handles our cases and it's all under uscis jurisdiction. so when we submit our package to chicago, they route it to a service center and that's where all our data is kept. and when the case is ready for interview or adjudication it goes to the local uscis office routed from the service center.
could it be this reason that kcc said to you that usics have not requested your file? do they need to? what data does kcc has that uscis doesn't?
capeolive, i2009, forme or bentlebee ... maybe you guys can help shed some light.

Hi i2009,

I remember good old days, OK may be not so good.
One time I found out about the upcoming visa bulletin
before even it was announced here thorough the US embassy's
site in Mumbai. Another time on 5th of the month. Another time 7/2007
after it was out in two weeks they updated it and made EB
categories unavailable, etc. etc.

You and me are the ones should appreciate the cards the most.

Enjoy your status and use it wisely...

Hello capeolive,

So many years waiting for the Visa Bulletin (since I started my employment-base AOS) so I set a bot to let me know when their website changes ;-)

Hi Izzy120,

Your case does not seem complicated, may be you should relax little bit...

Take i2009's recommendations into consideration...

If your husband has enough income for the family you will be fine.
Check the poverty guidelines:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Besides, Jacksonville is a good place to be interviewed.
All the people who had their interviews there were successful...

Thank you capeolive for being so helpful, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

My case maybe a bit complicated or maybe I am making it complicated myself, nevertheless, I was seeking some advice from you and others as to what to do in my case. This might sound like a dumb question, but I wasn't sure what to do...Here's the deal... I am the PA, on H4, have not been employed in the past 6 months but I have worked in the past as a RN in the US for about a year on OPT, hold US degrees. My husband is on H1B, has a pretty good job since the past 5 years. My question is, since there will be two 485s (one for me and one for my hubby), do I need to include same documents as proof for my husband as well? Taking your list as an example, I have done the following in my case (Please note that I have no employment income at present and will be proving financial stability through my spouse's employment) please pardon any typos...:

FOR ME (Primary Applicant):
8. Copy of EADs - total 2 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
14. Copy of NOA for H4 – total 1 NOA
15. Copy of NOA for H1B for spouse – total 2 NOAs

18. Copy of Marriage Certificate.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Past Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs. (I am not currently employed and my last paystub was 6 months ago, should I include the last 3 anyway?)
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements (My husband and I have separate savings and checking accounts, I was thinking of including statements from all accounts, i.e., from both mine and my husband’s accounts). Suggestions?

I was on F-1, then OPT, then H4. My last US visa was F1 and it expired in 2007, although I completed school in fall 2008, do you think I need to include my last I-20?

Also, on mine, do I need to include documents for my spouse’s job…? As stated earlier, I have no current income and in order to prove financial stability, I was going to include his payslips and employment letter for my I-485 portion…What do you suggest?

FOR MY HUSBAND:

8. Copy of EADs - total 1 EAD.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter – (For spouse) Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
17. Copies of H1B NOAs – total 2 NOAs
17. Copy of Marriage Certificate.
20. Copy of Post Grad Diploma

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements (Same as above, should I include statements for both mine and my husband’s accounts for his portion of I-485 as well?) .

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Izzzy120,

Since you are not currently employed you should not send them.
You don't have to send I-134 with the package...

Hi Olsson,

Even if they do the interview they cannot approve you without having
your DV case file from KCC. But you cannot initiate the transfer, they
have to do it themselves. I think lack of your biometrics causing it...

You should just go next week and try to do a "walk-in" biometrics...

All,