• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Olsson,

Yes, it has been done before. It is acceptable.
It really depends on the people working at the
ASC Center. You should go there with interview
letter and explain the situation. It can be done...

Thank you for your suggestion! so should I simply show up in the biometric office and tell them that I have my biometric on 24th but if available/possible I would like to do it now. Sorry to ask , do you knkow if anybody has done that before and is normal. What would be the reason for showing up early for biometrics.

Thank you for your suggestion! so should I simply show up in the biometric office and tell them that I have my biometric on 24th but if available/possible I would like to do it now. Sorry to ask , do you knkow if anybody has done that before and is normal. What would be the reason for showing up early for biometrics.

The reason would be because you have the interview before the biometrics, so you don't want to delay your case, as simple as that. It doesn't hurt to try and get it done sooner. You're only helping yourself speed up the process.

Hello Guys

First i want to congrats....... I 2009 for you green card and i want to thank you Middle.com, I2009 and Nepal2010 for you concern.
I do not have good news to share with you guys...........she denial by court Judge, as i said before her old case was complicated and the judge went to her old case ,she didn't want to make it easy as just like DV winner ..........hope the board of immigration more fair peoples i really do know what is the next step......she has 30 day to appeal again to board of immigration ,and we don't know what is the chances......She can't go back home.........country in the war

i will share with you soon what her next step going be

Thanks

It's a sad news! I really sorry for your sister! I hope you still some chances, don't you?

SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW
I m just home from the interview. Guys, i cant believe it was so easy. i got approved in less than 5 mins. I was the only one who had the appointment at that time. The IO called my name and guide me to her office. She asked me to raise the right hand and take oath and asked me to take a sit.
She asked me if i hired any lawyer for the process, i said no. She told me the file i send was excellent, and she was happy to know that i did it with the help of the online forum. In the whole interview she praised about my file at least 4 or 5 times. She asked me about my school, my home address, ssn etc...
Then she asked me some questions from page number 3 of the i485. She than told me since the visa is available she is going to approve my case. When she told me from today's date u became the permanent resident of US , i was so happy. She asked me to keep patience for the card, as it may take 1 or 2 months to get it in the mail. She congratulated me again and guide me through the exit. I wished her for the great day and left.
Thank all of u guys. Your help was really appreciable without which i would have lost somewhere. Thanks capeolive for that front letter you provided. I arranged the file according to that, which came out to be excellent even for the IO. All you guys waiting for ur case to move ahead believe me its gonna be really easy. I will pray for yall.

My congratulations!!! It was really easy))

July Visa Bulletin is out

Advance notification for August:

AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

ASIA 28,700

EUROPE CURRENT

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5

OCEANIA CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

I hope this is good news for all waiting for the cut-off number to become current!

Good luck!

Hi i2009,

You beat me this time but you deserve it...

Good to see you around...

Advance notification for August:

AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

ASIA 28,700

EUROPE CURRENT

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5

OCEANIA CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

I hope this is good news for all waiting for the cut-off number to become current!

Good luck!

I do not know if this had happened with anyone, but it happed with me. I got my interview appointment letter for 06/23/2010, a day before biometric appointment. Is is normal or it is only me because normality the trend is Biometric followed by the interview. Please help I am getting nervous. I would also like to verify with you all that is it actually an interview appointment or something else. I got three page documents from Local office, page-1 has asked me to appear on 06/23/2010 and has several check box to bring the supporting documents. Page-2 also has few check box, and page -3 is Adjustment of Status Application Mail for. (the same form that we filled and submitted to DOS along with $375.00).However this form is not what I submitted, it has my CN number AS20100015+++ and "1" in the number of person field (hand written) beside that everything is blank. I have very mixed feeling about the letter. Last week I got an email from KCC asking that I have two name in my form and I have applied AOS for only one person why?????....and the email attachment was exactly the same AOS application mail form which I got today with my appointment letter. I have already told them that the second person in my form is my wife and she already has a Green Card. I do not how to react at this situation with interview appointment a day before the biometrics. Any thought will be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Olsson,
it's so great that you got your appointments letter.
Congratulations!!!
It's coming very soon. Hope you have everything ready.
I agree with capolive.
You should do walk-in biometrics.
If I can remember, I read some people did it
because they did not get bio appointment letter.
So you should think about that and try to do it.

I do not know if this had happened with anyone, but it happed with me. I got my interview appointment letter for 06/23/2010, a day before biometric appointment. Is is normal or it is only me because normality the trend is Biometric followed by the interview. Please help I am getting nervous. I would also like to verify with you all that is it actually an interview appointment or something else. I got three page documents from Local office, page-1 has asked me to appear on 06/23/2010 and has several check box to bring the supporting documents. Page-2 also has few check box, and page -3 is Adjustment of Status Application Mail for. (the same form that we filled and submitted to DOS along with $375.00).However this form is not what I submitted, it has my CN number AS20100015+++ and "1" in the number of person field (hand written) beside that everything is blank. I have very mixed feeling about the letter. Last week I got an email from KCC asking that I have two name in my form and I have applied AOS for only one person why?????....and the email attachment was exactly the same AOS application mail form which I got today with my appointment letter. I have already told them that the second person in my form is my wife and she already has a Green Card. I do not how to react at this situation with interview appointment a day before the biometrics. Any thought will be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Olsson,

mine interview is on 22nd.
So you'll have yours one day later.
I'll pray for both of us to have good IOs and smooth interviews.
Good luck!!!

Confused....
Since I have a high number for 2011, about AS29xxx, I got into calculating the whole DV2011 winners.
Here they are :
AF = 51004
AS = 14999
EU = 30999
NA = 18
OC = 1600
SA = 1989.

TOTAL = 100609.

My question is since AS has only 14999 CN issued. How come my number is AS29xxx? Does that mean it includes family members of the people before me?
(Sorry this is for 2011, posted at the wrong place.)

I have also heard of case numbers as high as AS45xxx. Are we ranked by case numbers? Meaning there will be somebody receiving CN100609?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
I got my number current for august, i got all the documents ready, but just have to get the lawyer to send them to the locker office. It just sad that even knowing that the lawyer doesnt worth a single penny, i have to be working with her.
any advice will be appretiate. I posted the list of the documents I am sending in my previous posts.
thanks

Hi mikech,

I am going to write "in layman's terms" to make it simple:

* Every fiscal year maximum 50,000 green cards are given through DV applications.

* Since not everybody wins DV Lottery wants or can get green card extra winners are announced,
more than 100,000. Some people never apply some are rejected.

* Past 5 fiscal years 40,076 to 48,044 people got their green cards.

* For some high numbers only way to apply is when/if the number becomes "current" for that continent.

* Usually CP got some advantages over AOS for people with high numbers...

Confused....
Since I have a high number for 2011, about AS29xxx, I got into calculating the whole DV2011 winners.
Here they are :
AF = 51004
AS = 14999
EU = 30999
NA = 18
OC = 1600
SA = 1989.

TOTAL = 100609.

My question is since AS has only 14999 CN issued. How come my number is AS29xxx? Does that mean it includes family members of the people before me?
(Sorry this is for 2011, posted at the wrong place.)

I have also heard of case numbers as high as AS45xxx. Are we ranked by case numbers? Meaning there will be somebody receiving CN100609?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Summet,

I am posting a "sample" cover letter.
Take the things relate to your case
and omit the ones do not. If, for instance
you are a student add related documents.
Make sure to use the latest forms and updated
filing address.

I think, you did not do your "homework"
If I were you instead of rushing the application
tomorrow, I would do some more "studying" this
weekend and do the application Monday. This will
probably be your "last chance", use it wisely...

Monday, June 14, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010AS00028XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

Hey guys,
I got my number current for august, i got all the documents ready, but just have to get the lawyer to send them to the locker office. It just sad that even knowing that the lawyer doesnt worth a single penny, i have to be working with her.
any advice will be appretiate. I posted the list of the documents I am sending in my previous posts.
thanks

Please help and suggest !!!

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for our number to be current for about an year. For many people the visa bulletin for July must have been lucky outcome but for us it is really sad impact. We are left behind by just 200 number behind for the Asia (28700). We applied for AOS but it seems AOS won't be good route since I expect we will be current in September. My primary (DV winner) is in F1 and I am in H1B. We are just worried if we go home for CP then she may get in trouble due to her F1 status. Anyone had this sort of situation? How long it takes to do CP from AOS? What do we have to do? Just by calling or sending email to KCC will suffice? what happens to our AOs fees we paid ($375x2)?

We are kind of lost now... I know this forum is great resource and people like i2009 and others have supported this forum all the way they can. Please give us your feedback because we need to decide soon so that we can take right move. Do you think we should speak with lawyers too? I know many people had bad experience with lawyers...I am counting on this forum.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for our number to be current for about an year. ................

Thanks.

Your file is still with KCC, so it is not hard for them to transfer it to CP.
You just ask them by email and also in writing to change to CP.
But I warn you to take into a/c the 'situation' of your home base US embassy...how busy and how flexible are they??
For instance, when I changed last yr from AoS to CP, KCC gave me an intvw date last week of Sept!!, but my US embassy was flexible enough to advance it to very early than that.

So in a way you should be better off staying with AoS. I blv CA offices are good in handling DV cases.
AoS become faster towards the end. Just write in bold letters on your i-485 forms "DV 2010- Case# xxxxx"

Weigh your options carefully and decide.

Good Luck!

PS: At CP you will have to pay $375 again. And come back and claim a refund from KCC. (it will become a separate project afterward!!)
Keep all receipts and copies (both sides) of your checks.

Hi maila,

Sorry to hear the recent visa bulletin was no help to you.

There are pros and cons of either CP or AOS.
If you do CP you'll have a better chance getting the visa
comparing to AOS. Not much time is left but you still
have a better chance with CP. But there is a risk of not
being able to get another F1 visa in case you cannot get the DV visa.

If I were you I would switch to CP. In order to do that:

* Call KCC ask them how long it would take if you decide to switch from AOS to CP. (recently somebody was told 2-3 weeks)
* If you decide to switch to CP, tell them you want to switch from AOS to CP. Also send an email and write a letter.
* Then they are going to send you instructions on what to prepare.
* Later KCC will send you an interview letter in advance for the month your number becomes current for an interview at the US Embassy in your country.

Past 5 years for instance all 50,000 visas were not used. I think with CP you got a better chance.
But nothing is guaranteed...

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for our number to be current for about an year. For many people the visa bulletin for July must have been lucky outcome but for us it is really sad impact. We are left behind by just 200 number behind for the Asia (28700). We applied for AOS but it seems AOS won't be good route since I expect we will be current in September. My primary (DV winner) is in F1 and I am in H1B. We are just worried if we go home for CP then she may get in trouble due to her F1 status. Anyone had this sort of situation? How long it takes to do CP from AOS? What do we have to do? Just by calling or sending email to KCC will suffice? what happens to our AOs fees we paid ($375x2)?

We are kind of lost now... I know this forum is great resource and people like i2009 and others have supported this forum all the way they can. Please give us your feedback because we need to decide soon so that we can take right move. Do you think we should speak with lawyers too? I know many people had bad experience with lawyers...I am counting on this forum.

Thanks.

Your file is still with KCC, so it is not hard for them to transfer it to CP.
You just ask them by email and also in writing to change to CP.
But I warn you to take into a/c the 'situation' of your home base US embassy...how busy and how flexible are they??
For instance, when I changed last yr from AoS to CP, KCC gave me an intvw date last week of Sept!!, but my US embassy was flexible enough to advance it to very early than that.

So in a way you should be better off staying with AoS. I blv CA offices are good in handling DV cases.
AoS become faster towards the end. Just write in bold letters on your i-485 forms "DV 2010- Case# xxxxx"

Weigh your options carefully and decide.

Good Luck!

PS: At CP you will have to pay $375 again. And come back and claim a refund from KCC. (it will become a separate project afterward!!)
Keep all receipts and copies (both sides) of your checks.

Hi NuvF,

Thanks for taking time to write. How would I know if the US embassy back home is busy and flexible?
I am concerned about my spouse who is in F1 status and about to finish this year.
So when you changed from AOS to CP did you have to write letter? In our US embassy back home (web page) says that we need to bring letter with appointment because they do not have any information about who won the DV.
I am kind of freaking out because not sure how long it will take for USCIS to do our finger printing and interview...last time we did Infopass they seems to have no clue..but I am sure he was not IO.
I think we will be current in September..do you thin we will have chance if we stick with AOS...just a thought. Appreciate your help.

Please anyone from this forum chime in.

hi maila,
What I think is the better option for you is that definately for for CP. and do what ever you have to do it from here like make all ur documents and if u see that your number will be called then only leave the states for the interview coz you will have better chances getting positive result from the embassy. if u think you wont be called, just stay in US.
i think this might work for u. a piece of thinking.

Hi NuvF,

Thanks for taking time to write. How would I know if the US embassy back home is busy and flexible?

Where is your home base??
Ppl in the know of that place 'activities' will be better able to help you.
Are lot of ppl do DV from there?

Hey Nuvf,
what do you think my chances of getting into the interview , my cn is AS 259**. I am planning to going though all my documents and send it by monday

Hey Nuvf,
what do you think my chances of getting into the interview , my cn is AS 259**. I am planning to going though all my documents and send it by monday

You will be fine, hope you learned your mistakes and corrected them !
Dallas seems good for DVs, I m sure they'll call you in August itself.

Good Luck!