• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

leongsce,

I used personal checks, it is easy to track.

Using separate checks is necessary because USCIS
considers each application individually. They may
for instance due to legitimate reasons decide no to
grant green card to one of the applicants and
grant it to the others...

You have my best wishes in the process...

capeolive,
when paying for your aos fees ... did you use personal checks or cashier's order?
also, you advised drawing separate payments for each person in the family ... what is your reason for doing that instead of drawing one big check?
would appreciate your views .
thks and good luck to your interview!

Most likely this time they actually sent it...

hm...I just received an e-mail update from USCIS saying that my card production is ordered on May 11. But I already got the same message a week ago saying it was ordered on May 4. When I received my welcome letter it was dated May 4, so maybe they sent an actual card yesterday... still can't log in to USCIS btw.

Hi Izzy120,

I should start with "Hello junior"

The form that is used for DV applications is I-134 not I-864.
But if you have enough income it is not required most of the
time. Sometimes they can require it despite the income but if
they do then they will give you enough time to get it.

In short if you have enough income most likely they won't ask for it
but there is a slight possibility that they might.

Even if you want to get one just in case you don't have to
send it with your application, you can simply take it with you
to the interview, use it if you have to...

Under your conditions I wouldn't worry about it...

A Big Thank You capeolive!!! I have a relative who is a LPR and will have no problems getting the 134 if USCIS asks, like you and i2009, I was thinking I wouldn't have to worry about the affidavit, so thanks for making me feel better about it. I will definitely keep that in mind if I should need it for interview and be prepared. Thanks again!!! :D :D

That's it. Now you don't have to go to the 2nd interview.
Congratulations. I hope your new status brings you happiness
and success in your lives.

Long Live Freedom...

middle.com you are a genius!!!!! I called the USCIS and the automated message confirmed that the production of my cards have been ordered. I still can't believe it. This is a long journey and I hope to finish it soon.

A few minutes later I got the SMS and emails confirming the CPO. I still can't get the status online but I guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and the support!

Thank you for the response, I just called USCIS office and explained that my case has passed 30 days and has not got the biometric appointment letter. A lady took all my informationand gave me a new Serial Number explaing that I would be getting the biometric letter within 45 days, crossing my finger.

Hi Guys
can anyone tell me if EAD form allows you to be able to work legally in any company while your status is pending?????????????? or do you have to work under the same company as your J1 VISA stipulates
thanks a ton

Hi Guys
can anyone tell me if EAD form allows you to be able to work legally in any company while your status is pending?????????????? or do you have to work under the same company as your J1 VISA stipulates
thanks a ton

You can work for ANY co. with DV i 485 based EAD, no restrictions.
However, if you do your current J1 status will effectively become over.

There is an unwritten rule/advice within the DV community (past-present) to try hard to 'preserve' your current status until the AoS process is over (especially for F and J visas)

I had the same problem today as same of you guys. Couldn't log in on the website, and then received a text message and an e-mail saying that they ordered the production of my EAD on May 11. They already ordered it on April 27.

No updates on AOS . :-(

hey capolive,
m sorry coz m lil late to wish u a luck 4 tmrw!! Coz i was busy with my finals going on!! I guess your IO will learn a lot of things from you so its gonna b easier for future applicants. I ll pray for you!! Let us knw bout da gud news!!!

Hi capeolive,
good luck tomorrow.
We all deserve to get it, but you are a special one.
Thanks to you, and your posts on almost all our questions we can be sure that we did everything right.
You really deserve to go smooth tomorrow and you have my best wishes.
And I hope so that you will be some special case and get card tomorrow during the interview :D

Guys, I have an update in my case. I received a phone call from the Immigration Officer who conducted my previous interview back in February. He says that I don't need to attend tomorrow to my second scheduled interview because he checked my files and everything looks good and that he is approving my case.

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283."

I have not been connecting often and I tried to connect from different IP addresses so I don't think the message is correct. Do you guys can connect?

Congratulations i2010,
that's amazing news. Hope you'll get them in a week.
You've been with us all the time, and I think it's time for you to take a rest and go celebrate this long journey :D.
You have my best

PS I had a same problem with checking status. I thought it was my mistake or something, but now I see what's that......

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have an update in my case. I received a phone call from the Immigration Officer who conducted my previous interview back in February. He says that I don't need to attend tomorrow to my second scheduled interview because he checked my files and everything looks good and that he is approving my case.

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283."

I have not been connecting often and I tried to connect from different IP addresses so I don't think the message is correct. Do you guys can connect?

i2009 this is the best news I read today. It was high time they figured out their delay in your case. Congratulations. I know the system was down since morning. My advise to you is call someone in USCIS and ask them to confirm your present status before tomorrow's interview. I would play safe before the interview time tomorrow. Am sooooo soooooo happy for you. You have shown so much patience and I admire that quality in you. God Bless !!!!!

Hi capeolive,

Here's wishing you all the very best for your interview tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way. Your family will be joining you soon. God Bless !!!

Hi Olsson,

Since it is a DV case you should get your
biometrics appointment letter much sooner.

In the past some people even got their interview
letters before doing biometrics...

Thank you for the response, I just called USCIS office and explained that my case has passed 30 days and has not got the biometric appointment letter. A lady took all my informationand gave me a new Serial Number explaing that I would be getting the biometric letter within 45 days, crossing my finger.

Hi steve2010,

EAD legally gives you authorization to work
and advance parole gives you freedom to travel.
Unfortunately some people had very bad experienced
when they practiced these options.

My advice to you is: Until you hold your card maintain
your current status and do not travel...

Hi Guys
thanks a ton

Hi friends,

I would like to thank the people who prayed and
wished me good luck for tomorrow's interview.
If I should name some names:
Norkira, Daima, i2009, thomen, leongsce, middle.com, x2010x, nepal2010, new one, 2010FORME and couple more people I cannot remember now...