• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

capeolive,
when paying for your aos fees ... did you use personal checks or cashier's order?
also, you advised drawing separate payments for each person in the family ... what is your reason for doing that instead of drawing one big check?
would appreciate your views .
thks and good luck to your interview!

Guys, I have an update in my case. I received a phone call from the Immigration Officer who conducted my previous interview back in February. He says that I don't need to attend tomorrow to my second scheduled interview because he checked my files and everything looks good and that he is approving my case.

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283."

I have not been connecting often and I tried to connect from different IP addresses so I don't think the message is correct. Do you guys can connect?

That is the greatest news I ever read here!!! I can imagine how happy you were when they called you))) I really, really happy for you, finally the greatest news of the year for you!!!! your case is approved!!!! That is amazing!!!!! I cann't beleive!!!! Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm happy for you as for myself))) the next step is welcom letter and the final is GCs!!!!
Yes the system is down now, did you try to call them and check your case through the phone???

Again my congratulations!!!!!

Hi i2009,

For your tomorrows interview you and your family have my prayers and best wishes...

Hi capeolive !

tomorrow is your day!!!!! Keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! Everything will be fine, be possitive and keep smile on your face, americans like it))) Good luck for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Waiting for your interview experience)

this is a repost ... don't know what happened to earlier one ... couldn't see it.

capeolive,
you mentioned that you sent separate checks for each family member ...
- is there a reason for this, is it better to do it this way?
- did you use personal check or cashier's check/order?
btw ... best of luck to your interview tomorrow.

i2009 - congrats on your approval!!!

Guys, I have an update in my case. I received a phone call from the Immigration Officer who conducted my previous interview back in February. He says that I don't need to attend tomorrow to my second scheduled interview because he checked my files and everything looks good and that he is approving my case.

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283."
I have not been connecting often and I tried to connect from different IP addresses so I don't think the message is correct. Do you guys can connect?

Congratulations!!It was about time! Very happy for you and hope you get the actual card real soon.

hm...I just received an e-mail update from USCIS saying that my card production is ordered on May 11. But I already got the same message a week ago saying it was ordered on May 4. When I received my welcome letter it was dated May 4, so maybe they sent an actual card yesterday... still can't log in to USCIS btw.

Card production ordered!

That is the greatest news I ever read here!!! I can imagine how happy you were when they called you))) I really, really happy for you, finally the greatest news of the year for you!!!! your case is approved!!!! That is amazing!!!!! I cann't beleive!!!! Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm happy for you as for myself))) the next step is welcom letter and the final is GCs!!!!
Yes the system is down now, did you try to call them and check your case through the phone???

Again my congratulations!!!!!

middle.com you are a genius!!!!! I called the USCIS and the automated message confirmed that the production of my cards have been ordered. I still can't believe it. This is a long journey and I hope to finish it soon.

A few minutes later I got the SMS and emails confirming the CPO. I still can't get the status online but I guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and the support!

YAAAAAAAY! SO SO SO HAPPY for you!

It's being only a week since your interview.
The practice of approving varies from IO to IO.
At this point it is too early to do anything and
even to worry. Give them some more time...

Thank you.

- Current Feb.
- H1B
- Memphis, TN
- May 6th
- Nothing odd, but decision was not made on the spot. IO told me he has to "check some things"

Any input will be appreciated.

Good luck on your interview.

I believe it does not apply to you.
Some more things can be added to the list...

Supporting Evidence for Form I-485
You should submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:

Two passport-style photos
Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
Copy of government-issued photo identification
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
Applicable fees
Copy of the approval notice for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant Form I-797)
Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

what does the highlighted sentence mean?

middle.com you are a genius!!!!! I called the USCIS and the automated message confirmed that the production of my cards have been ordered. I still can't believe it. This is a long journey and I hope to finish it soon.

A few minutes later I got the SMS and emails confirming the CPO. I still can't get the status online but I guess it doesn't matter.

OMG! OMG! I actually have tears in my eyes. I'm soooooo happy for you i2009. This is the best news of the dayyyy! Big hug! We've been through this journey together and I've been feeling horrible that you were still waiting. So very happy! Now you can smiiile!

Yes, it is I-134.

You can check the poverty guidelines from the following link.
But for one person annual salary must be more than $18,212.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

There is no fixed amount for bank account, more is better.
It can be any bank...

thanks for the useful info, one more question please, so the affidavit of support form is for i-134 not form i-864, right ?
and how much money in the bank do you think is enough , and do i have to have them in American Bank ?
and how much salary would be enough for the job offer ?? would 1000$ a month be enough ?
thank you so much for ur great help and i pray for you and your interview because you're such a great help to everybody here

It is very good news. Some people must have prayed hard for you guys.
Congratulations. But I would CONFIRM the information before deciding
on not to go to the interview...

But if it is true and you can confirm it. Congratulations, you deserve it at least with your patience...

But just in case do confirm it...

Hi Izzy120,

I should start with "Hello junior"

The form that is used for DV applications is I-134 not I-864.
But if you have enough income it is not required most of the
time. Sometimes they can require it despite the income but if
they do then they will give you enough time to get it.

In short if you have enough income most likely they won't ask for it
but there is a slight possibility that they might.

Even if you want to get one just in case you don't have to
send it with your application, you can simply take it with you
to the interview, use it if you have to...

Under your conditions I wouldn't worry about it...

Hello seniors!!!

I am a DV2011 winner, and I have been reading this thread and the one for 2009 for a few days now (day and night). I really appreciate your taking the time to share your valuable information, it has been beyond helpful to me. I know FY 2011 is still far away, but I wanted to be prepared. I have a few questions for you regarding affidavit of support (trust me, I did read this thread and am still confused). I have been in the US for the past 6 years (came on F1), have a BS degree in Nursing from a US university, worked as a RN on OPT (less than a year, at the time of US economic meltdown, sigh...), changed to H4 once OPT expired and been on it ever since. My husband has a steady well paying job since 5 years, we both have enough money in our savings and was wondering if I still need to send either 864 or 134? I see that USCIS does not list them as "required" with the submission of 485 but I see some of you have been asked for it. I was thinking of only submitting our prior years' tax returns, W2s, pay stubs, employment reference letters, bank statements, etc. (I have been unemployed for 9 months now). Do you think these would suffice? What do you suggest I do? Should I send 864 along with my AOS package or wait until they ask for it? Your valuable input is highly appreciated!

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1.800.375.5283******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1.800.375.5283 end_of_the_skype_highlighting."

Amazing News!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations....

I am sorry to hear the things you are experiencing.
I had similar experience with KCC at the end they fixed
the misunderstanding though.

For scheduling InfoPass you can try the option:
"getting information on filing an application"
or something similar. Your biometrics is important but
it does not come from your local office it comes from
National Benefits Center, Missouri.

Dear all,
I applied for my AOS exactly a month ago and within a week got a receipt from USICS describing Biometric is the second step and I will be getting a letter from my local USCIS office for the Biometric appointment. A week later, I got a surprising email from the KCC requesting for additional information. I called KCC to inquire in detail about the email and a lady explained that I have filed AOS for just one person (that is me) but have information of two people in the file. I told her that I will write an email to KCC explaining that second person in the Form is my spouse who currently is the permanent resident of U.S., therefore I have only applied myself for the AOS. I added, it has clearly mentioned in all the KCC's mails for the process of AOS and in the filing form I have mention # of person as 1 and filing fee of $375, so where is the confusion. Further, the only reason I gave my spouse information is because the Form asks about marital status and if married, detail of the spouse. However, I told her that I will write an email to KCC clarifying the doubts and I did, and very next day I got a response from KCC stating that they will update my case with the latest information. Now it has already been a month I haven't got my biometric appointment letter. I called USCIS they told me to wait for a month and apply for info pass after. When I tried to request an info-pass online, I got lost as it has very confusing options and looks like nothing applies to me. I would really appreciate if someone could help me walk through the process how to set info-pass that best match my case. In God we trust.

OMG! OMG! I actually have tears in my eyes. I'm soooooo happy for you i2009. This is the best news of the dayyyy! Big hug! We've been through this journey together and I've been feeling horrible that you were still waiting. So very happy! Now you can smiiile!

Thank you Daima, you have been a great support for me. Please, don't feel bad because you got your GC first, things happen. In fact, having you, cooldude, iceman, etc getting the green cards got me a lot of motivation to keep myself in one piece.

Thank you so much Daima, I really appreciate that you are there for me and for the rest of the members!