• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi friends,

As you know I am having my interview tomorrow and I have a request to ask:

*Those of you who pray, please pray for me.

*Those of you who don't pray, I am expecting your good wishes.

*Those of you I might have offended in the past , please do not take any action.

The people who are still in the process have my prayers and best wishes as well ...

If you have special circumstances you can try AOS
along with I-134 you should have a "job offer" and
"some money" at a bank.

You can also do CP in another country it is also possible.

thanks for the useful info, one more question please, so the affidavit of support form is for i-134 not form i-864, right ?
and how much money in the bank do you think is enough , and do i have to have them in American Bank ?
and how much salary would be enough for the job offer ?? would 1000$ a month be enough ?
thank you so much for ur great help and i pray for you and your interview because you're such a great help to everybody here

Hey i2009 and Capeolive,

Wanted to wish you both the best on your interviews tomorrow!

I hope to hear good news from you tomorrow.

Hi friends,

As you know I am having my interview tomorrow and I have a request to ask:

*Those of you who pray, please pray for me.

*Those of you who don't pray, I am expecting your good wishes.

*Those of you I might have offended in the past , please do not take any action.

The people who are still in the process have my prayers and best wishes as well ...

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU capeolive AND i2009. I really really hope you guys will have an AMAZING experience.

Guys, I have an update in my case. I received a phone call from the Immigration Officer who conducted my previous interview back in February. He says that I don't need to attend tomorrow to my second scheduled interview because he checked my files and everything looks good and that he is approving my case.

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283."

I have not been connecting often and I tried to connect from different IP addresses so I don't think the message is correct. Do you guys can connect?

Capeolive, I think that everyone in this forum is hoping the best for you tomorrow. I am sure that you will have a great interview and that you will be getting your GC pretty soon.

I wish you all the best!

Please, let us know how your interview went when you get a minute. I'll keep my fingers on the F5 key (refreshing my browser) waiting for your news.

Thanks Daima, for your good wishes, I know that you are looking forward for my news. Please, check my post regarding the IO phone call. I am scared and happy at the same time.

Thank thomen, capeolive, Norkira, leongsce, and everyone else for your good wishes for my upcoming interview tomorrow. I appreciate it!!!!

thanks for the useful info, one more question please, so the affidavit of support form is for i-134 not form i-864, right ?
and how much money in the bank do you think is enough , and do i have to have them in American Bank ?
and how much salary would be enough for the job offer ?? would 1000$ a month be enough ?
thank you so much for ur great help and i pray for you and your interview because you're such a great help to everybody here

Hello nagatybasha,

This is what I understand: I-134 is applicable for DV cases as opposed to I-864 but you can submit a I-864 if you don't have a job offer of if your salary is under 125% of the Federal poverty line.

The I-864 is a legal binding document so your uncle will be legally responsible for you in case that you become a public charge for the USA.

All the best and thanks for your good wishes!

Guys, I have an update in my case. I received a phone call from the Immigration Officer who conducted my previous interview back in February. He says that I don't need to attend tomorrow to my second scheduled interview because he checked my files and everything looks good and that he is approving my case.

Now, I can't log in to the USCIS website to check my case. It is either down or I get an error message saying: "It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the Customer Service Center for assistance at 1.800.375.5283."

I have not been connecting often and I tried to connect from different IP addresses so I don't think the message is correct. Do you guys can connect?

CONGRATULATIONS i2009
it's really good to see people on the route of success as you, do you think a bank statement would be ok ? how much would be enough ? and would it make a difference if it was American Bank or a bank overseas ?
thanks very much

Hello seniors!!!

I am a DV2011 winner, and I have been reading this thread and the one for 2009 for a few days now (day and night). I really appreciate your taking the time to share your valuable information, it has been beyond helpful to me. I know FY 2011 is still far away, but I wanted to be prepared. I have a few questions for you regarding affidavit of support (trust me, I did read this thread and am still confused). I have been in the US for the past 6 years (came on F1), have a BS degree in Nursing from a US university, worked as a RN on OPT (less than a year, at the time of US economic meltdown, sigh...), changed to H4 once OPT expired and been on it ever since. My husband has a steady well paying job since 5 years, we both have enough money in our savings and was wondering if I still need to send either 864 or 134? I see that USCIS does not list them as "required" with the submission of 485 but I see some of you have been asked for it. I was thinking of only submitting our prior years' tax returns, W2s, pay stubs, employment reference letters, bank statements, etc. (I have been unemployed for 9 months now). Do you think these would suffice? What do you suggest I do? Should I send 864 along with my AOS package or wait until they ask for it? Your valuable input is highly appreciated!

CONGRATULATIONS i2009
it's really good to see people on the route of success as you, do you think a bank statement would be ok ? how much would be enough ? and would it make a difference if it was American Bank or a bank overseas ?
thanks very much

Thanks nagatybasha!

The Immigration Officer will try to find out what are the risks of you becoming a public charge so it is at the Officer's discretion if s/he will require an affidavit of support. You don't need to attach it to the AOS package. If the Immigration Officer thinks that you need an Affidavit of Support, he or she will request that you bring one to your interview. If during the Interview, the Officer needs an Affidavit of Support and you don't have it, s/he will give you time for you to submit one. Of course, you don't want to delay your case so you may want to bring one just in case but don't show it to the Officer unless the Officer asks for it. Does it make sense?

My friend is having the same issue...I think their site is down. Congrats again for a great news.

Congrats i2009! You'll get ur card soon. When I try to log in to USCIS it gives me the same message. Maybe their system is down.. Did you try to call?

Hello seniors!!!

I am a DV2011 winner, and I have been reading this thread and the one for 2009 for a few days now (day and night). I really appreciate your taking the time to share your valuable information, it has been beyond helpful to me. I know FY 2011 is still far away, but I wanted to be prepared. I have a few questions for you regarding affidavit of support (trust me, I did read this thread and am still confused). I have been in the US for the past 6 years (came on F1), have a BS degree in Nursing from a US university, worked as a RN on OPT (less than a year, at the time of US economic meltdown, sigh...), changed to H4 once OPT expired and been on it ever since. My husband has a steady well paying job since 5 years, we both have enough money in our savings and was wondering if I still need to send either 864 or 134? I see that USCIS does not list them as "required" with the submission of 485 but I see some of you have been asked for it. I was thinking of only submitting our prior years' tax returns, W2s, pay stubs, employment reference letters, bank statements, etc. (I have been unemployed for 9 months now). Do you think these would suffice? What do you suggest I do? Should I send 864 along with my AOS package or wait until they ask for it? Your valuable input is highly appreciated!

Congratulations Izzy120,

FY2011 is not that far away, it's great that you are getting ready.Don't send an Affidavit of Support with your AOS package. Again, it is at the Immigration Officer's discretion if s/he will request an Affidavit of Support. I would attach to the AOS package all the things that you mentioned (prior year's tax returns, bank statements and your husband's W2s, pay stubs, employment letters, etc) and see if the Officer needs an Affidavit of Support. I don't think the IO will be require one because your husband is in good standing with his job and you can be hired easily as a nurse.

Best of luck!

Thanks Norkira and Chivik, it is good to know that it is not my case the one having issues with the system but that their system is down. Maybe they tried to put my case in it and that's why it broke :rolleyes:

Chivik, I did not try to call them because I thought their system was down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,
I applied for my AOS exactly a month ago and within a week got a receipt from USICS describing Biometric is the second step and I will be getting a letter from my local USCIS office for the Biometric appointment. A week later, I got a surprising email from the KCC requesting for additional information. I called KCC to inquire in detail about the email and a lady explained that I have filed AOS for just one person (that is me) but have information of two people in the file. I told her that I will write an email to KCC explaining that second person in the Form is my spouse who currently is the permanent resident of U.S., therefore I have only applied myself for the AOS. I added, it has clearly mentioned in all the KCC's mails for the process of AOS and in the filing form I have mention # of person as 1 and filing fee of $375, so where is the confusion. Further, the only reason I gave my spouse information is because the Form asks about marital status and if married, detail of the spouse. However, I told her that I will write an email to KCC clarifying the doubts and I did, and very next day I got a response from KCC stating that they will update my case with the latest information. Now it has already been a month I haven't got my biometric appointment letter. I called USCIS they told me to wait for a month and apply for info pass after. When I tried to request an info-pass online, I got lost as it has very confusing options and looks like nothing applies to me. I would really appreciate if someone could help me walk through the process how to set info-pass that best match my case. In God we trust.

Congratulations Izzy120,

FY2011 is not that far away, it's great that you are getting ready.Don't send an Affidavit of Support with your AOS package. Again, it is at the Immigration Officer's discretion if s/he will request an Affidavit of Support. I would attach to the AOS package all the things that you mentioned (prior year's tax returns, bank statements and your husband's W2s, pay stubs, employment letters, etc) and see if the Officer needs an Affidavit of Support. I don't think the IO will be require one because your husband is in good standing with his job and you can be hired easily as a nurse.

Best of luck!

Thanks i2009!!! That gives me a relief! :D:D

Suggestions from others are most welcome and highly appreciated!

I plan on sending Affidavit of Support for my husband anyway. It's better to send it all at once, then to received RFE later.

Dear all,
I applied for my AOS exactly a month ago and within a week got a receipt from USICS describing Biometric is the second step and I will be getting a letter from my local USCIS office for the Biometric appointment. A week later, I got a surprising email from the KCC requesting for additional information. I called KCC to inquire in detail about the email and a lady explained that I have filed AOS for just one person (that is me) but have information of two people in the file. I told her that I will write an email to KCC explaining that second person in the Form is my spouse who currently is the permanent resident of U.S., therefore I have only applied myself for the AOS. I added, it has clearly mentioned in all the KCC's mails for the process of AOS and in the filing form I have mention # of person as 1 and filing fee of $375, so where is the confusion. Further, the only reason I gave my spouse information is because the Form asks about marital status and if married, detail of the spouse. However, I told her that I will write an email to KCC clarifying the doubts and I did, and very next day I got a response from KCC stating that they will update my case with the latest information. Now it has already been a month I haven't got my biometric appointment letter. I called USCIS they told me to wait for a month and apply for info pass after. When I tried to request an info-pass online, I got lost as it has very confusing options and looks like nothing applies to me. I would really appreciate if someone could help me walk through the process how to set info-pass that best match my case. In God we trust.

Hello Olsson,

To schedule an InfoPass follow these steps:
1) go to http://infopass.uscis.gov
2) select English (or your language)
3) Click on "Make your appointment with InfoPass"
4) Enter your zip code and then continue
5) Select your Field Office and then continue
6) Select "You need information or other services" then continue
7) Review the information and then continue
8) Enter the requested information (Name, phone number, A#, etc) and then continue
9) Verify the information and then continue
10) Click on a day and then continue
11) Click on an hour and then continue
12) Review the information and continue
13) Print the form

Good luck!