• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Good morning all

Hi capeolive and i2009...............Two days for your interview !!! i wish you all my best for smooth inerview ,except give my pray to God...........i know you both know better what to do ............just God be with you to be wonderful day

Best wish to both of you !!!

Thank you very much fitness901! I am counting the hours.

Any news from your sister? I hope that everything is going well with her case.

Hello all.
When you guys did an infopass did any of you guys managed to reach your IO who is doing your case. My infopasses always end up with those uneducated people behind the window who doesn't know much about DV type cases. And they are not giving me any valuable information except for suggesting to be more patient.
I remember we had someone who was planning to go to congressman's office. If someone knows how this works I would appreciate some help on this matter. I think this is only thing left to do. I know from the forum that there are people who waited/waiting more that me but I believe if I do not act I don't think they will.

Hello sogdian,

Sorry to hear about the delay to receive your interview appointment letter. I have taken several InfoPasses and I never have had the chance to talk to a higher level employee and I did not succeed when I asked the InfoPass person to send a note or call the Immigration Officer. Every time I took an InfoPass I went back home with more doubts and concerns and the famous "Be patient and wait for 60 days and if you don't hear from us give us a call".

I was reading the threads from previous years and some people got help from the congressmen but I also have read that some don't advice to turn to congressmen because the USCIS may think that you are pushing them and so there could be a negative effect.

From my experience, I got to think that the Immigration Officers are very professional but the National Customer Service Center and InfoPass people don't know much and they are not willing to help. They just read whatever is in their screen but they won't do much to help.

In your case, I would take an InfoPass and see if they can tell you if your case is scheduled, or waiting to being scheduled, for an Interview. Also, I would do what capeolive suggests about calling KCC and see if your DV file has been requested by the USCIS.

Unfortunately I see that Washington field office is way behind in the processing time frame (~ 8 months, from June 11, 09 through February 28, 2010).

There is another resource, you can submit a case problem to CIS Ombudsman (http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm) you can explain that your case needs to be prioritized because you are facing, or are about to face, an immediate adverse action or impact.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and I really hope that you get your interview letter soon!

Thank you for reply.

How do i know what 's my Alien registration number?

I have my old OPT and it has A#. But now I am on H1b and there is no such kind of number on my visa or 797. My hubby was always on H4 and does not have A#?

The reason why i am asking is because i am looking through G-325 and 485 and this number is required.

I used my OPT A# for that and again, I didn't have any troubles in that regards. I have had two OPT cards, and since that number matched/was consistent, I figured it must be what they're asking for.

Hi guys, just checking in. Been really busy at work but I've been reading your posts.

I went to an event the other day and I met a family whom I had helped with their DV process, and strangely, they got their Green Cards without an interview, too. Apparently, I CAN spread my magic ;) OR, you all just have to move to Detroit and you'll have an easier process...way easier.

I also want to wish good luck to all of you who have the interviews in the next couple of days. I pray that you get your cards with no problems and as fast as possible.

I 2009

Her big day is on May 24..........all her files (plus Kcc file) is on court now............the strange thing is ........my sister is in boston but the court judge is from Virgina.....the interview or hearing going be Audio. i never heard that before.

So hope that work okay for her

You really have your Magic..........please keep helping people and use your magic okay
Good luck

Hi guys, just checking in. Been really busy at work but I've been reading your posts.

I went to an event the other day and I met a family whom I had helped with their DV process, and strangely, they got their Green Cards without an interview, too. Apparently, I CAN spread my magic ;) OR, you all just have to move to Detroit and you'll have an easier process...way easier.

I also want to wish good luck to all of you who have the interviews in the next couple of days. I pray that you get your cards with no problems and as fast as possible.

Hi fitness901,

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers
for our upcoming interviews...

Thank you

Good morning all

Hi capeolive and i2009...............Two days for your interview !!! i wish you all my best for smooth inerview ,except give my pray to God...........i know you both know better what to do ............just God be with you to be wonderful day

Best wish to both of you !!!

Hi Norkira,

Can you also help me?

Hi Norkira,

Can you also help me?

P.C. Sorry I must have clicked "post" twice when I starting thinking about
getting the card in the mail tomorrow, just ahead of my interview...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello future applicants,

June 2010 Visa Bulletin is out!

I am posting Advance Notification for July 2010 for "Early Filers" (It is kosher!)

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JULY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

ASIA 23,500

EUROPE 32,000

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5

OCEANIA 1,300

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500

hello guys,
I have a question to you, I will be filing AOS for DV2011 and i have a question : do i have to file affidavit of support form with the package ?
and if somebody can give me what EXACTLY is needed to make the whole AOS package, please don't miss any single detail because this forum is my only source and i really feel lost
thanks

EU00015xxx - are our chances good?

My wife's visa is 15xxx which is not too low or too high. Kind of of silly question, but do we have a solid chance to make it?

One of co-worker said he knew some lady from Nepal with 19xxx visa number a few years ago and she did not go through the cut-off, kind of scary...

Hi nagatybasha,

You do not have to send in an affidavit of support (I-134)
with your DV package to Chicago but if you do not have
enough income USCIS might request it at the interview.

Before you prepare your DV package there are things
you should do:
* Sending DSP-122 for the winner
* Sending DS-230 + pictures for winner and family members if applicable
* Sending DOS AOS fee of $375 for each person
* Doing Medicals (I-693)

Also do your homework, go to page 1 of this forum start reading and taking notes!

hello guys,
I have a question to you, I will be filing AOS for DV2011 and i have a question : do i have to file affidavit of support form with the package ?
and if somebody can give me what EXACTLY is needed to make the whole AOS package, please don't miss any single detail because this forum is my only source and i really feel lost
thanks

Hi LuciDreamer,

Case number 15K's for Europe were current:
During 2008 Fiscal Year in February
During 2009 Fiscal Year January
During 2010 Fiscal Year January

So if history repeats itself, under these conditions
you guys have plenty of time to do AOS in US.

Another option though is CP overseas.
With CP you get interviewed at the US embassy in your
country in the month your number becomes current.
If for instance your number becomes current in
January 2011 you get interviewed at the US embassy
in the same month.

With AOS the whole thing takes 3 - 5 months depending on
where you live etc...

My wife's visa is 15xxx which is not too low or too high. Kind of of silly question, but do we have a solid chance to make it?

One of co-worker said he knew some lady from Nepal with 19xxx visa number a few years ago and she did not go through the cut-off, kind of scary...

Hi nagatybasha,

You do not have to send in an affidavit of support (I-134)
with your DV package to Chicago but if you do not have
enough income USCIS might request it at the interview.

Before you prepare your DV package there are things
you should do:
* Sending DSP-122 for the winner
* Sending DS-230 + pictures for winner and family members if applicable
* Sending DOS AOS fee of $375 for each person
* Doing Medicals (I-693)

Also do your homework, go to page 1 of this forum start reading and taking notes!

well , thanks for the quick reply, but how can i prove my income, i will be unemployed because iam on a tourist visa , what do you suggest ?

Thanks for your replies Capeolive. Following the past tendencies, if the 15xxx is current in Jan-Feb, 2011, then we should be able to apply for 485 sometime in Nov-Dec (if I understand this process correctly). Visa bulletins are published like 2 months ahead and people apply once the cutoff month/number is published, correct?

Hello future applicants,

For some of the winners of DV 2010 with rather high numbers,
who have freedom of leaving US and entering their countries,
switching to CP might be an option to think about.

Everybody's case is rather different but there are some advantages of
doing CP. Most important one is: The month your number becomes current
you will get interviewed at a US Embassy or Consulate. As for AOS it takes
longer time and even rather longer in big cities.

Either method of application (AOS and CP) has its risks.
But CP I believe is something to consider for applicants with high numbers...

Hello future applicants,

June 2010 Visa Bulletin is out!

I am posting Advance Notification for July 2010 for "Early Filers" (It is kosher!)

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JULY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

ASIA 23,500

EUROPE 32,000

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5

OCEANIA 1,300

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500