• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Even with the information package they send
sometimes things get complicated. Sometimes
when you call USCIS or do InfoPass you get even
more confused...

So it is important to read at least this forum thoroughly...

Thanks a lot, capeolive for a supporting document list. That is really strange that we received just the first two pages instead of the complete package containing the forms to be filled out. It may be because we are already in the US or the process changed for 2011.

I am also from Russia and i see that you were going to evaluate high school diploma. I was under impression that translation is enough. On the official site it says to submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Hi Lisa6,
I think you are right, a translation plus copies of my wife's original high school diploma (Аттeстат о срeднeм (полном) общeм образовании) should be sufficient to prove her high school education when submitting the DSP-122. We decided to have it evaluated anyway, just for future purposes. It takes about a week or so to have ready by the evaluation company. She also completed two years of university in her home city. I do not plan to have it evaluated yet, but I will also translate it tonight for DSP-122.
Thanks for the great tip by the way!

Just wondering... did you also submit the DS-230? The person from KCC with whom I spoke this morning told me not to submit it. Kind of mixed reports on this forum, some suggest that we not send it and some suggest just the opposite, go figure :)

What company do you use for evaluation ?(just in case)

www.thedegreepeople.com

They are also in FL and I did my Master's evaluation with them a couple of years ago, the service was pretty decent and you can always talk to the real person regarding your case on the phone. But yesterday, I went through their payment application rules and noticed that they wanted only TIFF and PDF formatted files to be uploaded for evaluation which is kind of awkward to do when you don't have a full Acrobat installed, plus uncomressed TIFF format is big.

Last edited by a moderator:
LuciDreamer, lisa6, great to see Russians here :) So exciting that Russia can participate now. Good luck with your journeys!

Since we are applying for us and spouses , then we need to send DS230 as well as DS122.

So it's 122 for primary, 230 for primary+230 for spouse+pics for both of course

I did not send forms yet, because I am paranoid and had to re- type forms 10 times, because I either do a typo or forget something

Thank you for the info on evaluation company. I am not going to evaluate mine(i have BS from Russia and *** from here) and translation of school diploma and if after this they will ask for evaluation of highschool diploma, it's going be something.

We all need to relax, because we have got all that USCIS needs, it's just a matter of time and patience to get everything together :)

Lisa6,

No problem, glad to help!! I am somewhat paranoid too at times, but when swimming in treacherous immigration waters it is often paranoia that helps us stay away from being deported. I personally knew a couple of persons here who did not take their immigration status very seriously and now they live far from here.

Regarding the translations... there is no real need to certify/notarize them, right? I am about to attach the printed Word document in English looking like the original diploma in terms of format. That should work ok, I hope, since they will have the original copies anyway.

this link is very helpful(i might see on the forum here already)

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

it says:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

Hello there,

Question: Does anybody have experience about AOS processing times in San Diego, CA? I got EAD and Travel permits approved, however have yet not received an interview appointment letter from MSC and I485 LUD has not changed since after bio was done. Any suggestions? Is Infopass necessary of just patience?

-------------------------------------------------
2010EU00020XXX

2 AOS in US (San Diego, CA)

06/09 1st NL from KCC
06/09 All paperwork to KCC
07/09 2nd NL from KCC
01/15/10 DV fee $750 to KCC
01/26/10 Receipt of $750 from KCC
02/04/10 Medical done
02/10 Number current
02/11/10 AOS Pckg Receipt confirmation from Chicago lockbox
02/20/10 Checks are cashed AOS
02/22/10 NOAs rcvd (485, 765, 131)
03/14/10 Bio appointment letter
03/31/10 Bio Done
04/19/10 EAD and Travel permit approved
04/23/10 EAD and Travel permit received

affidavit of support

Do i need to do affidavit of support for my hubby, if i am primary filer on H1B and he is on H4?

Thank you

Hi,

Regarding translation they want a certain style as follows:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date Typed Name
Address

You can check the following site on
"General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing"

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

Lisa6,

No problem, glad to help!! I am somewhat paranoid too at times, but when swimming in treacherous immigration waters it is often paranoia that helps us stay away from being deported. I personally knew a couple of persons here who did not take their immigration status very seriously and now they live far from here.

Regarding the translations... there is no real need to certify/notarize them, right? I am about to attach the printed Word document in English looking like the original diploma in terms of format. That should work ok, I hope, since they will have the original copies anyway.

Hi schneidi68,

As far as I can remember there was nobody from San Diego in this forum.
Since you have been current since February you should:

1. Call KCC and find out if San Diego Field Office has requested your DV case file for interview.
2. Do an InfoPass try to get information...
3. Make sure NOT to leave US with advance parole, before getting your card...

Hello there,

Question: Does anybody have experience about AOS processing times in San Diego, CA? I got EAD and Travel permits approved, however have yet not received an interview appointment letter from MSC and I485 LUD has not changed since after bio was done. Any suggestions? Is Infopass necessary of just patience?

-------------------------------------------------
2010EU00020XXX

2 AOS in US (San Diego, CA)

06/09 1st NL from KCC
06/09 All paperwork to KCC
07/09 2nd NL from KCC
01/15/10 DV fee $750 to KCC
01/26/10 Receipt of $750 from KCC
02/04/10 Medical done
02/10 Number current
02/11/10 AOS Pckg Receipt confirmation from Chicago lockbox
02/20/10 Checks are cashed AOS
02/22/10 NOAs rcvd (485, 765, 131)
03/14/10 Bio appointment letter
03/31/10 Bio Done
04/19/10 EAD and Travel permit approved
04/23/10 EAD and Travel permit received

You can submit almost everything as copies.
But make sure to have originals for the interview...

this link is very helpful(i might see on the forum here already)

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

it says:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

If you are over poverty guidelines you both won't need
affidavit of support (I-134). But sometimes regardless of
applicants financial situation at the interview they demand it.
So it is better to have it for the interview if it is possible...

Do i need to do affidavit of support for my hubby, if i am primary filer on H1B and he is on H4?

Thank you

lisa6,

From experience I second what capeolive just told you. Since DV cases each year is so few most of the lawyers do not know how exactly the process goes and can very easily miss guide you. My advise is keeping readying all the post on these forums and go thru the uscis site under DV Lottery it is very very informative. Be ready to spend alot of time just reading and reading this will pay off in the long run.

Hi Lisa6,

As for the lawyers:
Some of them may not be experienced on DV cases.
Even if you choose to continue with one don't rely on her/him
solely. Do your homework, at least read this forum from
the first page and take notes. You'll find a lot of valuable
information.

Also please from top of the page settings add your signature
your case number location etc so that we know where you are at.
Your case number is very important it dictates when you are going to
be current, sometime between October and September of next year...

Hey guys....thanks for your help..
I checked out my case online today, it says "we ordered the production of your new card in May 6." Do you guys know when I am gonna receive my card, because I have a ticket for May 19 to another country from the U.S. Should I cancel my flight or wait till next week??

Hey guys....thanks for your help..
I checked out my case online today, it says "we ordered the production of your new card in May 6." Do you guys know when I am gonna receive my card, because I have a ticket for May 19 to another country from the U.S. Should I cancel my flight or wait till next week??

Hello shasha88,

So happy to hear that they ordered your card. This is what I would suggest you should do, take an InfoPass asap and ask them to stamp the temporary green card (I-551) in your passport. This stamp is equivalent to the actual card. Bring your tickets as evidence that you need the I-551.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted