• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Great news today!!!
While painfully going through the slow employment-based immigration process with my employer for which I have worked 3 years already, my wife just got a letter today that she was selected for 2011 DV Lottery!!!
I will definitely need to read about the whole DV process on this forum and what we should do next since I do not know much about it yet.

Congratulations LuciDreamer!!!
Start today! Definitely this treat is enough. Just read it from beginning to the end, and you'll be ready to get your green cards.
Good luck!!!

Thanks new one. I am going through this forum to get answers to some of my questions. The first thing I will need to do is send my wife's high school diploma (Secondary Education Attestate) from her Russian school to the credential evaluation company. She completed a 10-year school there but it should be equivalent to a 12-grade school in the US, plus she studied 2 years at the university, which I am not sure whether I need to evaluate or not.

Kind of silly question, but do I also need to fill out a separate Form DS 230 as her spouse, or only the primary applicant needs to fill out this form?

Thanks.

Thanks new one. I am going through this forum to get answers to some of my questions. The first thing I will need to do is send my wife's high school diploma (Secondary Education Attestate) from her Russian school to the credential evaluation company. She completed a 10-year school there but it should be equivalent to a 12-grade school in the US, plus she studied 2 years at the university, which I am not sure whether I need to evaluate or not.

Kind of silly question, but do I also need to fill out a separate Form DS 230 as her spouse, or only the primary applicant needs to fill out this form?

Congratulations. You are in the right place.

You also need to fill out Ds230, needs to be filled for each family member who will apply with the main applicant.

All the best!

Hi LuciDreamer,

You have plenty of time read this forum thoroughly and take notes.
You'll find answers to most of the questions you might have. If you have a
specific question don't hesitate to ask...

Great news today!!!
While painfully going through the slow employment-based immigration process with my employer for which I have worked 3 years already, my wife just got a letter today that she was selected for 2011 DV Lottery!!!
I will definitely need to read about the whole DV process on this forum and what we should do next since I do not know much about it yet.

It is better to get it evaluated to be on the safer side.
You will have to make 2 DV packages one for you
the other one for your wife. The payments etc.
should be made separate. When you send in the
DV package you'll separate 2 files with a band etc.

Thanks.

It is better to get it evaluated to be on the safer side.
You will have to make 2 DV packages one for you
the other one for your wife. The payments etc.
should be made separate. When you send in the
DV package you'll separate 2 files with a band etc.

Thanks capeolive.
I spent all evening tonight and just finished off scanning and translating her high school diploma+supplement and mailed everything for evaluation. It may take a week or more to get the results back from Degree People. A couple of years ago I did my own evaluation with them for MD diploma. The only thing I do not get is why they now ask people send documentation in PDF or TIFF file formats only??? Not everyone has a full version of Adobe Acrobat, and TIFF format is big...weird...

Mailing 2 DV packages - it means one DSP-122 for her and two DS-230 for each of us, correct?

Hi Everybody,

Just back from a 4 day convention and am catching up on all the post. Wow Congratulations gdh, jayinfo, chivik, jasmine182, capeolive,WithGod and luckydreamer on all the good news !!! Norkira your are truly lucky 100 guest at your party to invite you to USA !!! i2009 I hope we hear good news from you soon at your 2nd interview.

An update on my case. Received Welcome letters on 5/4/2010 and EAD cards on 5/6/2010. Yes it feels nice receiving good news from USCIS. Online status has moved to Card production. Now all thats left is the GREEN CARD.

My prayers and thoughts are with each one of you. Goooood Luck !!

Hi Guys,

Any news from x2010x ? If he has not got any news should he be doing an Info Pass? x2010x am sending prayers your way. Hope to hear good news soon.

Soooooo nervous. If they really don't want that we become a public charge, why take them sooooo long to send EAD ..........grrrrrrrrrrrr :D

Hi newone,

I can feel your pain. Hang on there its almost the end just a few more days of waiting then you have your FREEDOM. Knowing I am almost there has lifted such a load off my shoulders and trust me the feeling is simply great.

Hi LuciDreamer,

You got plenty of time for the diploma.
You'll need it when you send in your DV package.

What you should do now is:

1. Send form DSP-122 (If you are doing AOS mark "BCIS" on 4.
2. Send form DS-230 Part I and II for both of you.
3. Pay AOS fee of $375 X 2 to Department of State

Later they are going to send you 2NL which acknowledges that
you are doing AOS in US.

Please from top of the page settings add your signature
your case number location etc so that we know where you are at.
Your case number is very important it dictates when you are going to
be current, sometime between October and September of next year...

Forms:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80148.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DS-0230.pdf

Thanks capeolive.
I spent all evening tonight and just finished off scanning and translating her high school diploma+supplement and mailed everything for evaluation. It may take a week or more to get the results back from Degree People. A couple of years ago I did my own evaluation with them for MD diploma. The only thing I do not get is why they now ask people send documentation in PDF or TIFF file formats only??? Not everyone has a full version of Adobe Acrobat, and TIFF format is big...weird...

Mailing 2 DV packages - it means one DSP-122 for her and two DS-230 for each of us, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 2010FORME,

Congratulations on getting Welcome Letter you'll get your cards
in no time. For EAD's it is good that you won't need them...

Hi Everybody,

Just back from a 4 day convention and am catching up on all the post. Wow Congratulations gdh, jayinfo, chivik, jasmine182, capeolive,WithGod and luckydreamer on all the good news !!! Norkira your are truly lucky 100 guest at your party to invite you to USA !!! i2009 I hope we hear good news from you soon at your 2nd interview.

An update on my case. Received Welcome letters on 5/4/2010 and EAD cards on 5/6/2010. Yes it feels nice receiving good news from USCIS. Online status has moved to Card production. Now all thats left is the GREEN CARD.

Soooooo nervous. If they really don't want that we become a public charge, why take them sooooo long to send EAD ..........grrrrrrrrrrrr :D

Hello new one,

For some reason the EAD can take 3+ months, some people get it a few days before they get the GC. Hang in there!

Good luck!

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations 2010FORME, you are close to the green!!!!! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, I appreciate it.

Quick question... I have been reading the posts from beginning and everyone says they received the first NL with all the forms included in the package to be completed and mailed back. However, my wife only got the letter and a barcode page without any forms. What do we need to do, since we are both legal in the US? I plan to call KCC or stop by a local USCIS office to get the forms maybe, any recommendations? Thank you.

I will later update my signature with the status, just cannot do it now, typing from my Droid while at the meeting...

Quick question... I have been reading the posts from beginning and everyone says they received the first NL with all the forms included in the package to be completed and mailed back. However, my wife only got the letter and a barcode page without any forms. What do we need to do, since we are both legal in the US? I plan to call KPP or stop by a local USCIS office to get the forms maybe, any recommendations? Thank you.

I will later update my signature with the status, just cannot do it now, typing from my Droid while at the meeting...

Hello LuciDreamer,

Congratulations for winning the DV2011. In the first NL they send you one DSP-122 for the winner and one DS-230 for each applicant. Some people say that DS-230 is not needed if you are going to apply for AOS but I sent it anyway to be on the safe side. Did they send you any instructions of what to mail back to KCC?

You can download these forms here:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80148.pdf
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

The forms for the AOS package can be downloaded at the USCIS website (www.uscis.gov).

Good luck!

Hi i2009,

Thanks for your reply and my sincere congrats to other winners!!!

No, the forms were not included with NL1, only the winning letter and the barcode page referencing the two forms and the website link for further steps.

I just called the KCC and the Customer Service person explained that I only need to send Form DSP-122 form to KCC along with the payment of $750 to DOS (for both of us). They only accept cashier's checks or money orders. No Form DS 230 is required for AOS within the US, I asked him like several times to make sure that was correct.