• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey guys, I just received a message that they ordered a production of my card for I485 application (greencard)! I'll post later today my history to share!

Congratulations chivik, you'll receive your GC soon. Thanks for your good wishes!

It was a successful interview. I, my wife, and our 2yr-old daughter(a US citizen) arrived at the Indy office around 8:40am, about 40mins before my wife's appointment and 80mins before mine. We waited for about 80min before all being called for interview. The IO was a really nice lady and even gave my daughter some crayons and book when she didn't behave herself in a totally strange place. First thing, of course, she asked us to swear that what we are going to say is true. She then asked for our passports, EAD cards, and APs, and said we won't need the last two documents if she can approve our cases today. Like others' stories, she asked us some yes/no questions and flipped over our AOS packages while doing some casual chatting with us. Once done reviewing our cases, she then checked on the spot for the availability of visas and after confirming that, she told us our cases are approved. After that, I was asking her if she could give some notice or stamp on the passports but she said it won't be necessary unless we have some immergency to travel because the green cards will arrive in 2 to 4 weeks. Lastly, she walked us to the door, and said she never did DV cases before and this is her first time but pleasing experience. So hopefully, our GCs will show up soon and thank you all.

Congratulations jayinfo, I am very happy for you guys. Did you sign in for the case status notification? Have you received any notification that the card production was ordered so far?

Hello Guys..
As some of you know, I had my interview in March 30, and she told me that she is gonna give me the Green Card, but I haven't received anything till now yet..Any advise what to do...Also I have a ticket in May 19 to go back to my country for two months...Can I go without the card and have someone else to bring it for me??...because I called them they you should wait till May 25 and then call us back...Should I mail the office where I had my interview??...Any advise would be appreciated....Thanks

Hello shasha88,

So sorry to hear that your case is being delayed. What I would do is to take an InfoPass and see if you can get to talk to a higher ranked employee than the regular guys at the InfoPass desk. They should be able to send an email to the officer or some supervisor because your case is out of the regular processing time (I don't know your Field Office but I doubt that any Field Office processing time is before 10/16/09).

Another options are:
1. Call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and file a Service Request
2. Go to http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm and submit a case problem to CIS Ombudsman
3. Go to a local congressman and ask for help. They usually have an immigration help office.

In any instance, make it clear that it is about a DV case and that there is a time constraint.

Best of luck and please keep us posted!

Hi, i2009,

Yes, I do sign up for the case status update but until now, it is still in "acceptance" state. Anyway, good luck to your 2nd interview.

Hi jayinfo,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
I hope you get your cards soon and live in peace
with your family in US or where ever you are...

It was a successful interview. I, my wife, and our 2yr-old daughter(a US citizen) arrived at the Indy office around 8:40am, about 40mins before my wife's appointment and 80mins before mine. We waited for about 80min before all being called for interview. The IO was a really nice lady and even gave my daughter some crayons and book when she didn't behave herself in a totally strange place. First thing, of course, she asked us to swear that what we are going to say is true. She then asked for our passports, EAD cards, and APs, and said we won't need the last two documents if she can approve our cases today. Like others' stories, she asked us some yes/no questions and flipped over our AOS packages while doing some casual chatting with us. Once done reviewing our cases, she then checked on the spot for the availability of visas and after confirming that, she told us our cases are approved. After that, I was asking her if she could give some notice or stamp on the passports but she said it won't be necessary unless we have some immergency to travel because the green cards will arrive in 2 to 4 weeks. Lastly, she walked us to the door, and said she never did DV cases before and this is her first time but pleasing experience. So hopefully, our GCs will show up soon and thank you all.

Hi shasha88,

I wouldn't advice you to leave US without your green card.
I have heard some bad examples before. Even if you must leave
at least apply for advance parole and leave with it. But to clarify it
I must mention it again if possible do not leave with or without
advance parole either. Try to get your card through infopass contacting
your congressman etc.

Don't think about the ticket money you may loose.
My advice to you is do NOT leave without your card!

Hello Guys..
As some of you know, I had my interview in March 30, and she told me that she is gonna give me the Green Card, but I haven't received anything till now yet..Any advise what to do...Also I have a ticket in May 19 to go back to my country for two months...Can I go without the card and have someone else to bring it for me??...because I called them they you should wait till May 25 and then call us back...Should I mail the office where I had my interview??...Any advise would be appreciated....Thanks

You guys are very helpful

Hi guys,
Deciding to do AOS is something that i really thought about. So its an informed decision. Looking at the previous visa bulletins, Africa may become current in August(fingers crossed). I already spoke with a lawyer too. Am planning to send the 375 DV fee and do the medicals after my final exmas which is next week. I live in oklahoma which is not a big state so hopefully that will be an advantage for me. I will keep you guys posted on how things are moving for me. Keep me in your prayers. Thanks

Hi WithGod,

Where do you live in US and why you need the field office.
Don't forget things take rather longer in large cities.

Would you add more of your signature.

Have you paid $375 AOS fee, done Medicals etc.?

Status update: Card production ordered

Thank you, i2009, new one, chivik, middle.com, capeolive, and many others who contribute to this forum. I just received the email alerts informing me CPO so I hope finding the cards in my mailbox sometime soon. Lastly, my best wish to those who are still in the AOS process.

Thank you, i2009, new one, chivik, middle.com, capeolive, and many others who contribute to this forum. I just received the email alerts informing me CPO so I hope finding the cards in my mailbox sometime soon. Lastly, my best wish to those who are still in the AOS process.

Congratulations jayinfo! I'm waiting on mine, too!

Congratulations jayinfo,

I hope that you, chivik, shasha88, and everyone receives the GCs pretty soon. This journey is kind of hard sometimes but the good thing is that everyone is getting to the finish line.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi WithGod,

If your number becomes current in August you'll know it
around June 10th which is 110 Days in advance. Even if
your number becomes current in September you'll know
it around July 10th which will give you 80 Days. Don't forget
in either case you should file early (when you see that numbers
are current at Advance Notification).

You have my best wishes in your process.
You and other good and real members of
this forum have my prayers. I am expecting
prayers of you guys as well...

Hi guys,
Deciding to do AOS is something that i really thought about. So its an informed decision. Looking at the previous visa bulletins, Africa may become current in August(fingers crossed). I already spoke with a lawyer too. Am planning to send the 375 DV fee and do the medicals after my final exmas which is next week. I live in oklahoma which is not a big state so hopefully that will be an advantage for me. I will keep you guys posted on how things are moving for me. Keep me in your prayers. Thanks

That was fast, congratulations.
Your really had a good IO.
After getting the card send her a
thank you card on behalf of your family.
I hope rest of us who are still
waiting for their interviews
come across good IO's as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
a lawyer needed?

Hey guys, this is the first time that I post a message here. All of your posts are so helpful and awesome!

I'm a F1 student and got picked for DV2010. I've processed all the documents myself and sent in everything. I am having my AOS interview on 5/12/2009 and am sooo excited!

My question is, if I need to hire a lawyer to go with me to the interview? Did most of you guys have a lawyer present when you have the interview? many thanks!

Chuchu

Hi chuchudentist,

Welcome to the forum. Even though some people had
lawyers most of the members of this forum had their
interviews without a lawyer. Unless there is a special
reason for having a lawyer it is not necessary...

Please, from settings add your signature
and your location so that it might help the future applicants...

Hey guys, this is the first time that I post a message here. All of your posts are so helpful and awesome!

I'm a F1 student and got picked for DV2010. I've processed all the documents myself and sent in everything. I am having my AOS interview on 5/12/2009 and am sooo excited!

My question is, if I need to hire a lawyer to go with me to the interview? Did most of you guys have a lawyer present when you have the interview? many thanks!

Chuchu

hey guys,
m lil busy these daz with my finals going on. Congrats to all of those whose process moved a step ahead recently. N good luck yall waiting for 'anything' , bus, train, plane, taxi whateva!! M just joking!!! c ya!!!

Soooooo nervous. If they really don't want that we become a public charge, why take them sooooo long to send EAD ..........grrrrrrrrrrrr :D

Hi WithGod,

just be sure when you send your application, you did everything right, so I am sure everything will be fine.
On the end of fiscal year they are doing everything faster, so I think you will have enough time to get GCs.

Good luck!!!!

Hello Guys..

Hi shasha88,
you are almost at the end. I believe that you really want to go home, but why risk.......
Try to do infopass if nothing, better stay and wait to have that little green thing in your hand :D

Wife was selected for 2011 DV Lottery!!!!

Great news today!!!
While painfully going through the slow employment-based immigration process with my employer for which I have worked 3 years already, my wife just got a letter today that she was selected for 2011 DV Lottery!!!
I will definitely need to read about the whole DV process on this forum and what we should do next since I do not know much about it yet.