• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi middle.com,

I have been working in the company through which I used to have my
Employment Based application for 7 years. Actually I have two jobs.
I am just tired of working for other people. Hopefully I'll get my freedom
after I get my card...

I hear you, I hope that the GC will bring happiness and success to your life and your family.

Hi Everyone,

We received our green cards!!! Thank you everyone for your support.

Congratulations gdh, I was worried about your case and that misunderstanding regarding the EB case. I'm very happy for you guys and enjoy your new status.

Wow, I'm off for a weekend and look at all the good news you guys got.

Congrats capeolive, jasmine182, 2010FORME, gdh and so many more who got green cards, welcome notices, employment authorization cards and so much more.

Yesterday my friends threw me a big Green Card party and I had about 100 people come to it welcoming me to US. Some of the sweet gifts included receipts for American foods, a book with all the US presidents, etc....I guess I better start reading that book to get ready for the citizenship ;)

Hello Norkira,

That was very nice from your friends. It's great to get a GC and also the welcome of the people around you. Maybe we can all meet in a forum in 5 years for our naturalization journey ;-)

All the best!

Good morning all

HI capeolive

i am happy for you progress on your case ........i am looking forword for more good news .............it almost every body getting Green card
i wish this month is ..........luck a month for You, I2009, Bek ,and my sister .

Same time i wish all the best to new people joni us this week..................

Thanks fitness901, I sure have my fingers crossed for everyone and for myself.

Good luck jayinfo in your interview tomorrow. I hope that everything goes well. Please, let us know how it went when you can.

I called KCC and they said to fill the form for my husband. But its confusWhere can I find DS-230?

I called KCC and they said to fill the form for my husband. But its a little confusing. Should I fill one out for me too with my new information on it? Where can I find DS-230? Thanx

You should call KCC and go from there.
In general if you get married after winning
the DV it is possible to add your spouse.
You should send a DS-230 form for your spouse
as well. Since you got a rather high number you
should check if switching to CP is a better option
for you. For the starters call KCC first...

If you add your signature we'll have a better
understanding at what point of the process
you are at...

I called KCC and they said to fill the form for my husband. But its a little confusing. Should I fill one out for me too with my new information on it? Where can I find DS-230? Thanx

Hello WithGod,

Yes, you need to send your husband's DS-230 and an updated one for you. Also, include a note explaining your change and copy of your marriage certificate with a translated married certificate in case it is not in English.

You can fill and then print the DS-230 form here http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Good luck and keep us posted

Hi i2009,
Thanks for that prompt reply. In that case i have to send new photos too. Is that right?

Hello WithGod,

I am sorry but I am a little confused. You are doing AOS right? Are you applying for your husband under AOS or CP? Did the KCC tell you to send a DS-230 for your husband?

The reason I ask is because the form DS-230 is suitable for Consular Processing. Any way, you need to send a note explaining your change along with its supporting documentation.

I'll check tonight the documentation that I have at home regarding how to inform the KCC of a change in the status during the application and I will post it here.

Sorry for the miscommunication. Am doing AOS. Both my husband and I are in the US already and we are both F1 if that helps.

Hello WithGod,

I am sorry but I am a little confused. You are doing AOS right? Are you applying for your husband under AOS or CP? Did the KCC tell you to send a DS-230 for your husband?

The reason I ask is because the form DS-230 is suitable for Consular Processing. Any way, you need to send a note explaining your change along with its supporting documentation.

I'll check tonight the documentation that I have at home regarding how to inform the KCC of a change in the status during the application and I will post it here.

Check your mailbox in 5 years.

They might send you a US Passport in the mail just as they did with your green card...

Congrats capeolive, jasmine182, 2010FORME, gdh and so many more who got green cards, welcome notices, employment authorization cards and so much more.

Yesterday my friends threw me a big Green Card party and I had about 100 people come to it welcoming me to US. Some of the sweet gifts included receipts for American foods, a book with all the US presidents, etc....I guess I better start reading that book to get ready for the citizenship ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fitness901,

Thank you for your good wishes.
Your sister got my best wishes as well...

Good morning all

HI capeolive

i am happy for you progress on your case ........i am looking forword for more good news .............it almost every body getting Green card
i wish this month is ..........luck month for You, I2009, Bek ,and my sister .

Same time i wish all the best to new people join us this week..................

Hi WithGod,

You can get the form from following site.
Fill out one for your husband and a new one for yourself.
Fill out part 1 and 2 of the form. Attach a letter explaining that
you recently got married etc.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Please add your signature from settings.

If we know your case number, location etc. we can help you better...

If you have no problem leaving US consular processing
might be a better option for you due to the rather high
number. You can switch between AOS and CP. It might
be wise to consult a lawyer who is experienced in DV cases...

Sorry for the miscommunication. Am doing AOS. Both my husband and I are in the US already and we are both F1 if that helps.

You have great friends :D.......
I am sure you had amazing time.
Better to start read about US presidents, time is going fast here:D
And than you can make party for them with all home made American food :D

Somebody from nipost came to tell me i hane a notification that i juswon from our postal service here in naija (nipost) please is this ow it works?please a naija person help out here

Thanks guys for the suggestions and help. I do realize i have a rather high number but with God all things are possible. Am hoping for the best and staying positive. Btw do I also need to fill another DSP 122? If so, where can i find it?

If you have no problem leaving US consular processing
might be a better option for you due to the rather high
number. You can switch between AOS and CP. It might
be wise to consult a lawyer who is experienced in DV cases...

Thanks guys for the suggestions and help. I do realize i have a rather high number but with God all things are possible. Am hoping for the best and staying positive. Btw do I also need to fill another DSP 122? If so, where can i find it?

Hello WithGod,

Yes, you have a rather high case number. If you decide to go for AOS, I would suggest that you double check everything before filing your petition and make sure that there is nothing missing or nothing that could delay your case. Also, you should file your petition early, before it becomes current. At the end of the Fiscal Year, the USICS seems to speed up the process.

You can download the Form DSP-122 here http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80148.pdf

Send all the forms and documents that the KCC required and don't forget to send a note explaining your recent marriage and a copy of your marriage certificate along with its translation.

Good luck!