• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks for support!

Hi Capeolive,
I lost my "relaxing and waiting" somewhere on the way :D just kidding.
I'm still ok, but I found extra job, but can not start without EAD.
Also I went to interview for a real job, that I can work with my bachelor degree (even I didn't finish yet back home-one exam left).
So everything is on hold.......and make me so nervous because I can not do anything........
But I know they need more time, so let's see what will happen. Hope soon.

Hi newone,

I can feel your pain. Hang on there its almost the end just a few more days of waiting then you have your FREEDOM. Knowing I am almost there has lifted such a load off my shoulders and trust me the feeling is simply great.

Congratulations 2010FORME that's great. You are almost on thr end, few days more ......so happy for you.
Thanks for support, I know all of you know how I feel. Almost all of us go through the same.
But I know we'll all be good on the end, and our favorite color will be green :D

Hi i2009,
Yes, I know. But I was hoping I'll get mine in 10 days, like june620 got it (he is from NYC also).
But there is no rule.
So I'll keep waiting and praying.
Thanks

i-485

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding I-485.

What should i answer to the following question:

- have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the U.S

if i am currently on H1b, hubby is on h4 and my company is working on EB3 for me(perm is approved, i-140 is pending)

Thank you

I am in the same position: EB-2, Labor approved, I-140 is to be filed soon...

Did you inform your lawyer regarding the DV application? There should be no reason to cancel the EB route because of the DV. Any thoughts?

Hi LuciDreamer,

The following site will give you an idea what we received last year...

http://www.greencardgratis.de/diverses3/gcg-dv2010-winner.pdf

Quick question... I have been reading the posts from beginning and everyone says they received the first NL with all the forms included in the package to be completed and mailed back. However, my wife only got the letter and a barcode page without any forms. What do we need to do, since we are both legal in the US? I plan to call KCC or stop by a local USCIS office to get the forms maybe, any recommendations? Thank you.

I will later update my signature with the status, just cannot do it now, typing from my Droid while at the meeting...

I told my company's lawyer. They said that once i-485 for EB was not filed and EB green card and DV are completely separate things, so they is no need of cancelling anything yet. They did not tell me yet if they will cancel EB3. Every time when i ask for their help, i get answer a week later.

I spoke to another lawyer, and was told that nothing should be cancelled yet.

I am also from Russia and i see that you were going to evaluate high school diploma. I was under impression that translation is enough. On the official site it says to submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent.

People advise to be on a safe side and evaluate everything. My friend did CP in Russia last Dec and was not even asked for high school, as sonn they he showed university diploma.

What company do you use for evaluation ?(just in case)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi new one,

Waiting is easy in the beginning but it gets more
difficult later on. But you are a tough one, just
don't do anything bad to the mailman. He got
nothing to do with it...

I got my EAD about 65 Days after NOA's.
You should get yours most likely in the first half of
June or before. I hope you get your green card
soon and don't even need EAD.

Don't forget about what I said about the mailman...

Thanks for support!

Hi Capeolive,
I lost my "relaxing and waiting" somewhere on the way :D just kidding.
I'm still ok, but I found extra job, but can not start without EAD.
Also I went to interview for a real job, that I can work with my bachelor degree (even I didn't finish yet back home-one exam left).
So everything is on hold.......and make me so nervous because I can not do anything........
But I know they need more time, so let's see what will happen. Hope soon.

I am applying for me and my hubby and I have to send 2 separate cases in my package.

Do I need to send 2 copies of the joint tax return and bank statements for me and my husband separately?

Hi Lisa,

In this case you have never applied for Permanent Residency in US.
If you have never filed I-485 it means you have not applied for it...

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding I-485.

What should i answer to the following question:

- have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the U.S

if i am currently on H1b, hubby is on h4 and my company is working on EB3 for me(perm is approved, i-140 is pending)

Thank you

You don't have to cancel anything.
At the interview they will request
your A-file from the holding office
like Texas Service Center etc.
Before approving you they will cancel
the pending file.

Sometimes it takes rather longer time for
A-file to get from the Service Center to
the Local Office...

I am in the same position: EB-2, Labor approved, I-140 is to be filed soon...

Did you inform your lawyer regarding the DV application? There should be no reason to cancel the EB route because of the DV. Any thoughts?

Yes, you prepare 2 identical files.
Also the fees must be paid separately...

I am applying for me and my hubby and I have to send 2 separate cases in my package.

Do I need to send 2 copies of the joint tax return and bank statements for me and my husband separately?

Hi Lisa6,

As for the lawyers:
Some of them may not be experienced on DV cases.
Even if you choose to continue with one don't rely on her/him
solely. Do your homework, at least read this forum from
the first page and take notes. You'll find a lot of valuable
information.

Also please from top of the page settings add your signature
your case number location etc so that we know where you are at.
Your case number is very important it dictates when you are going to
be current, sometime between October and September of next year...

thank you.

One more question is answered:)

thank you.

It's going to be a looooot of paper.

DV2011EU00000XXX

4/26 NL1 Received

There was a typo. I edited it but it is as follows:

Your case number is very important it dictates when you are going to
be current, sometime between October and September of next year...

If I file I-485 and I-765(Employment Authorization) concurrently, do I also have to pay fees for I-765?

Thanks a lot, capeolive for a supporting document list. That is really strange that we received just the first two pages instead of the complete package containing the forms to be filled out. It may be because we are already in the US or the process changed for 2011.