• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi All,

So I had my interview today. I thought everything went fine. till the office hand me a paper stating that my case is being held due to background checks. I called FBI and after two phone calls i got someone who confirmed that the fingerprints was just sent few minutes ago to UCSIS....

Anyone had the same experience?

Hang in there! I understand it depends on what country you are from to get more checks! If you've never done anything wrong, I guess you have nothing to worry about, it's just a matter of time until they clear you and you receive the GC. The good thing is they sent the request to FBI right away! I'm sure people who know more about this will share their knowledge.

Keep us updated! Good luck.

Hi!

I wanted to thank all this forum because here is where I found answers when I was not sure what to do. Thanks God I didn't need any lawyer and my process went very smooth.

Yesterday I had my interview, I'm still in shock because I feel my process went faster than it usually goes (ok, it was not 15 days like some other cases but the whole thing since I sent my AOS package took 1 month and 20 days).
I had the interview at 2 pm, I got the place about half an hour before (it's requested) and got called to talk to an immigration officer around 2:10. I was very lucky, the guy was Asian and was super nice, polite and educated. The first thing he made us do when we entered in his office was to take the oath. Then he asked for IDs, Passports and social security cards, and any W2 and tax returns we had (none for us, we were with F-1 and still active students).

He went over few question on the I-485, the ones that ask if you are a criminal and blah blah blah.... also our phone number and address to see if it was correct. He ask also for our latest bank statements (I gave a big block of paper for the last 6 moths haha... it was too much but he took it =o) ). He didn't ask for affidavit of support, or pictures of us together or anything else. He was explaining us what was to be a permanent resident, when can we apply for citizenship ( when he mentioned this I knew we were approved hehe ), he also said that my spouse would get a full greencard that expires in ten years, I thought he would received the one that expires in 2 years...

Then I ask:... so, are we approved? and he said: oh yes! and smiled =oD...
He said: do you have any other question? we said no and left =oD

He said we should be receiving the welcome letter sometime in the next 2 weeks and the greencard after that, if a month has passed and we haven't received our GCs whe should do an infopass...

That's it.. process almost finish but I already feel relieved! now waiting for the letter and GC, I have more patience for that.

i received my biometrics appointment today. A little late but i got it. I have my appointment on may 14. So things r moving now!!! I think they dont want to call me during finals so they schedule after my finals. They care about me so much. Love u USCIS!!!!!!

Congratulations nepal2010. I hope that you receive your interview letter soon.

ayoussry, I think it is a good sign that the FBI has sent your fingerprints back to the USCIS. Congratulations and good luck!

Congratulations valesco, very nice interview. I am pretty sure that you'll receive your GC soon.

Good luck to everyone!

i received my biometrics appointment today. A little late but i got it. I have my appointment on may 14. So things r moving now!!! I think they dont want to call me during finals so they schedule after my finals. They care about me so much. Love u USCIS!!!!!!

Hi Nepal1010,
congratulations!!!! That's a big step. Things are moving............

Thanks diama, i2009, new one and all of you whoz happy for me. Congrats valesco for ur successful interview and ayoussry keep ur finger crossed its just the matter of time. U will get it soon!!!!

Hi All,

So I had my interview today. I thought everything went fine. till the office hand me a paper stating that my case is being held due to background checks. I called FBI and after two phone calls i got someone who confirmed that the fingerprints was just sent few minutes ago to UCSIS....

Hi ayoussry,
I was wondering what happened with you. I'm gonna have my interview in NY, too. So do you mind to put a little bit more information about your interview experience. How was IO, what did he/she ask for, etc.....
If you called FBI and was told that they sent it already, I think you'll be fine. I just suggest to do infopass in 10 days if nothing change on your online status and see with them what is a problem.

Hey newone,
the NOA u received were i765c but all the NOA's i received are i796c. Just wondering if therez ny difference!!!

Hi!

I wanted to thank all this forum because here is where I found answers when I was not sure what to do. Thanks God I didn't need any lawyer and my process went very smooth.

Yesterday I had my interview, I'm still in shock because I feel my process went faster than it usually goes (ok, it was not 15 days like some other cases but the whole thing since I sent my AOS package took 1 month and 20 days).
I had the interview at 2 pm, I got the place about half an hour before (it's requested) and got called to talk to an immigration officer around 2:10. I was very lucky, the guy was Asian and was super nice, polite and educated. The first thing he made us do when we entered in his office was to take the oath. Then he asked for IDs, Passports and social security cards, and any W2 and tax returns we had (none for us, we were with F-1 and still active students).

He went over few question on the I-485, the ones that ask if you are a criminal and blah blah blah.... also our phone number and address to see if it was correct. He ask also for our latest bank statements (I gave a big block of paper for the last 6 moths haha... it was too much but he took it =o) ). He didn't ask for affidavit of support, or pictures of us together or anything else. He was explaining us what was to be a permanent resident, when can we apply for citizenship ( when he mentioned this I knew we were approved hehe ), he also said that my spouse would get a full greencard that expires in ten years, I thought he would received the one that expires in 2 years...

He said we should be receiving the welcome letter sometime in the next 2 weeks and the greencard after that, if a month has passed and we haven't received our GCs whe should do an infopass...

That's it.. process almost finish but I already feel relieved! now waiting for the letter and GC, I have more patience for that.

Congratulations Valesco!!!!

I'm sure that is everything fine and your GCs are on the way. They usually say that you have to wait 60 days to get it, so maybe you can give them a little bit more time. Hope you'll get them soon.
Good luck!

Hi Nepal2010,
thanks....I corrected my signature. I would like that we have special treating but we are all in the same :D It' I-797c :D

Hi!

Congratulations!!! From today you are permanrt residents of the USA!!!! Enjoy your new status!!!! Good luck!!!

Hi All,

I think everything will be good! All they need is just to receive your fingerprints!!!! Wait just a little bit and you'll receive your Welcome Letter and GC!!! Good Luck!

I have one question for all of you.
There is no social security number on my I-797c......it's empty on that place, but I have social security number and I sent them copy and also provide in the forms when they asked.
Is that normal???

Interview letter appointment received!

OK, not a joke, I received a new interview appointment for 5/13/10. I think that they got my cases messed up and they are scheduling this new interview based on my employment based case. I believe that they received my EB files from Texas Service Center and, instead of consolidating it with my DV case, they are processing it as an individual case.

Anyway, I look forward to going to the interview. It may be the only chance that I would have to talk to an Immigration Officer and maybe put my case back on track.

OK, not a joke, I received a new interview appointment for 5/13/10. I think that they got my cases messed up and they are scheduling this new interview based on my employment based case. I believe that they received my EB files from Texas Service Center and, instead of consolidating it with my DV case, they are processing it as an individual case.

Anyway, I look forward to going to the interview. It may be the only chance that I would have to talk to an Immigration Officer and maybe put my case back on track.

Interesting!!! Each time i see your name i hoping it is good news regarding your case......One question, if you take another info pass & then show them your new interview letter and then also show them that you've already been interviewed months earlier....Maybe they'll order your card right away....What do you think?

Hi Valesco,
I have a question for you. Why did IO asked for statements? And do they request to bring them somewhere? I didn't know that we have to bring them, too.
Thanks

DV lottery cases are the weirdest...many cases are different. One got it without any interview and you get 2 interviews....at least you know what to expect...kind of, and finally can speak face to face about your case. I wish you all the luck in the world and let us know what will happen?

Hi i2009

Just a suggestion. Instead of waiting for the interview on 5/13/10 could you make an Infopass for an earlier date and at this appointment ask to speak to a supervisor explaining your situation? This may help expiditing you GC.

All the very best of luck !

Hi eenya,

Welcome to the forum. If you post your signature we can help you better.
What is your case number? You can apply about 50 days before you
become current. If you literally apply in August you may not have
enough time for AOS. But if you will be current in August you'll
know it with the posting of July Visa Bulletin which will be around
June 10. Then you'll have enough time to do AOS.

You should indicate RA as your occupation. If you wish you can add a letter about internship.

Please provide your signature as well as where you are applying from...

Hi everyone,
I am a student in F1 visa with a Research Assistantship (RA). The RA i have is valid for the full year including summer. My number has not been current yet and i hope it will be current most probably in July/August. I have been selected for a summer internship (CPT) and i hope to start it in mid May. If my number becomes current while i am doing the internship, which occupation do i need to indicate as my current occupation (is it the Research Assistantship or the Internship)? . I think it should be the Research Assistantship as the internship is temporary for 3 months.

Also, do you think there will be any issue if i file AOS while doing an internship?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.