• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey I 2009

Any thing new with your side ? did you try to get more information from Uscis?............Yours and my sister turn now to get GC ,yours and hers numbers current on NOv. please make information app talk to some body in USCIS.
i was taking with my sister how was her court yesterday ? she was suprise she found out that immirgration IQ and even her lawyer didn't know the KCC file must be requested to get Visa........even IMMigration IQ argue why the DV payment went to Missour. For me this is little strange .
Any way some times they don't know what the need to do .

All my best wishes to you

Hello fitness901,

Thanks for asking, I am taking an InfoPass tomorrow. I have taken many InfoPasses already but they don't give me much info other than "be patient and wait for 60 more days".

I read your sister's case update yesterday and I couldn't believe that now she will have to wait because of that KCC file. At least her case is moving and I hope that she gets her GC soon.

Good luck to you and your sister!

Thank you

New one and I 2009...........she went thru a lot ,she was on deportation she was wating for board of immigration to make thier last decision when she won DV........the descision came negative on November but her number aready current.she is good girl live her life with lot of faith .........that help her a lot when she knew nothing was on her hand.

Thank you all......what ever information you guys puting in here, i am feeding her all this year

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, talked to USCIS for the second time in regards to our fingerprints not being available on our green cards, and I was finally able to get a "higher" person within reach. She said that she will make the complaint as I'm the 3rd person calling in regards to this issue, but she strongly suggested I make an info pass. She also told me that based on my A#, this is a new series of number and they might have made the fingerprints invisible due to a new rule/security, but she wasn't sure. My A# starts with 2 hundred, compared to in the past, they started with 0. I made an info pass appointment for Fri AM to see what they tell me.

Hi everyone,
As my interview date is approaching it seems that I have a lot of questions to ask again regarding the documents I have to take to the interview.
Do you guys think I need new medical examination? They ask for one in a sealed envelope.
I got the copy of the original one that I sent with my package . Should that be enough?

Other things I need ( I wrote what's in the letter):

MEDICAL EXAMINATION FORM I-693 IN A SEALED ENVELOPE
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-864 ( WITH YOUR TAX RETURNS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, W-2'S AND CURRENT JOB LETTER
2 color ADIT-Style photographs
Photo id for yourself and your petitioner
Your employment auth card (which I didn't receive yet)
English translations of any foreign documents
Proof of legal entry into the US, passport and/or proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A
Birth certificates for beneficiary, petitioner and ALL children
If applying based on marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident: - another list of docs

The questions are:
Do I need i-864? Why does it say with MY tax returns? Do I need to fill it in? Or the sponsor?
Should I ask my sponsor to fill in both affidavits of support? I-134 and I-864? And give them the one that they will ask for at the time of the interview?

Also I'm very confused with them saying to appear with my petitioner. Does that mean that my sponsor has to be present at the time of the interview?

My status is F-1. It was actually. I'm now in those 60 days grace period. I finished school at the end of March.

Thanks a lot.

I know somebody who works for a lawyer and she said that I need I-864 not I-134. I'm really confused. She said that I-134 is used when you apply from a consulate. In the US they require I-864. Do you guys know something about this? Somebody who received the green card in the same situation? Were you asked to bring I-864? I read the instructions for I-864 and it says that is for aliens seeking adjustment as permanent residents as immediate relative, family-based immigrants, and certain employment-based immigrants. I don't have any relatives in the US.

Thanks newone,
but may be i need to give few more daz. do nybody knw how long have people wait to get the biom appointment letter after they got there NOA. coz mst of da time i see ppl getting it with in a week!!!

Congratulations Ahad,

...And some people say the system is broken.
On the contrary they have a very sophisticated system; you remember your
son went in the room first. That's it, the FIFO system, First In First Out.

Congratulations on your son's card again, yours is on the way...

Hey guys, we received my son's green card yesterday. I hope the rest of them are on their way to us.

Hey x2010x,
wot i guess is the interview letter they send u is a standard letter coz it also got information on marriage based AOS and other. it should either depend on IO or the fieldoffice to send what type of letter i.e. Standard or the more specific one.
So far i know about i864 or i134 we havseen ppl taking either of them and got succeed. So if u can go head n take both n only give them if they ask for that

Hi x2010x,

Most likely they just sent you a standard interview letter.
* If you already sent I-693 they should not be asking for a new one unless your doctor had required
a follow up etc.
* I-864 only can be given by immediate relatives, if your sponsor fits this description he can give you one.
* In most of the cases I-134 is used as affidavit of support.
* Additional proof is necessary for either of forms like passport copy, tax returns, employment letter,
bank statement, domicile proof etc.
* Get photos, it won't hurt.
* You don't have EAD card so you cannot take it with you.
* Passport and I-94 Cards are necessary.
* If you have been legal here all along and are not grandfathered under section 245i you don't
have to file Supplement A to Form I-485 and pay $1,000 of penalty fee.
* Your birth certificate and if you have your family members applying with you theirs as well.
* Plus you get all financial documents of yourself.
* All the originals you have.
* Necessary translation you did not provide before.*
* You don't have a "petitioner" this is DV case.

In short what I think is they just sent you a standard interview letter.
You should prepare the items that are relevant to you and the ones you
can get...

You can get more information about supporting documents of affidavit of support
from the following, it's for I-864 but will help I-134 as well.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

Do what you can, leave the rest to God...

Hi everyone,
As my interview date is approaching it seems that I have a lot of questions to ask again regarding the documents I have to take to the interview.
Do you guys think I need new medical examination? They ask for one in a sealed envelope.
I got the copy of the original one that I sent with my package . Should that be enough?

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-864 ( WITH YOUR TAX RETURNS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, W-2'S AND CURRENT JOB LETTER
Proof of legal entry into the US, passport and/or proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A
If applying based on marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident: - another list of docs

The questions are:
Do I need i-864? Why does it say with MY tax returns? Do I need to fill it in? Or the sponsor?
Should I ask my sponsor to fill in both affidavits of support? I-134 and I-864? And give them the one that they will ask for at the time of the interview?

Also I'm very confused with them saying to appear with my petitioner. Does that mean that my sponsor has to be present at the time of the interview?

My status is F-1. It was actually. I'm now in those 60 days grace period. I finished school at the end of March.

Thanks a lot.

I know somebody who works for a lawyer and she said that I need I-864 not I-134. I'm really confused. She said that I-134 is used when you apply from a consulate. In the US they require I-864. Do you guys know something about this? Somebody who received the green card in the same situation? Were you asked to bring I-864? I read the instructions for I-864 and it says that is for aliens seeking adjustment as permanent residents as immediate relative, family-based immigrants, and certain employment-based immigrants. I don't have any relatives in the US.

Thanks nepal2010 and capeolive.
I also called KKC today to check if they transferred my file. The guy I talked to said yes, it was transferred to the Chicago field office on March 21.

I asked my friend again about the GC with the fingerprint and she scanned her GC and it has indeed a fingerprint next to her picture.

I asked my friend again about the GC with the fingerprint and she scanned her GC and it has indeed a fingerprint next to her picture.

It is very strange why ours don't. We made an infopass appointment for Friday anyways. I'm wondering if we'll receive more than one card by mistake, because we did get like 3 texts each that said card production ordered. Even if that was the case, I have a feeling I still would have to go to talk to them...so let's see what happens. Thanks a lot for checking that for me :)

Thanks newone,
but may be i need to give few more daz. do nybody knw how long have people wait to get the biom appointment letter after they got there NOA. coz mst of da time i see ppl getting it with in a week!!!

Hi nepal2010,
I think you should wait a little bit more.
They don't have rules. I got first biometrics appointment, than a week latter NOA for I-485 and I-765.
So I think you should give them few days more, and if nothing do infopass.

Hi everyone,

The questions are:

Thanks a lot.

Hi x2010x,
as the others said you probably got a standard letter.
But try to have everything they asked.
Bring copy of medical exam if you have, or call the doctor to give you one.
I was confused about I-864, especially cause they gave me that form in the USCIS when I did my first infopass after I won lottery.
But on I-864 there are only options to put that you are sponsor's relative. So if that is not in your case you should fill out the I-134 form. And I think you'll be fine.
Most of them filled out that form and they were fine.
Can you please put on your signature and place where you'll have an interview so can be helpful to us and future applicants.
Good luck!!!

Hi everyone,
I am a student in F1 visa with a Research Assistantship (RA). The RA i have is valid for the full year including summer. My number has not been current yet and i hope it will be current most probably in July/August. I have been selected for a summer internship (CPT) and i hope to start it in mid May. If my number becomes current while i am doing the internship, which occupation do i need to indicate as my current occupation (is it the Research Assistantship or the Internship)? . I think it should be the Research Assistantship as the internship is temporary for 3 months.

Also, do you think there will be any issue if i file AOS while doing an internship?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

i received my biometrics appointment today. A little late but i got it. I have my appointment on may 14. So things r moving now!!! I think they dont want to call me during finals so they schedule after my finals. They care about me so much. Love u USCIS!!!!!!

Hi All,

So I had my interview today. I thought everything went fine. till the office hand me a paper stating that my case is being held due to background checks. I called FBI and after two phone calls i got someone who confirmed that the fingerprints was just sent few minutes ago to UCSIS....

Anyone had the same experience?

i received my biometrics appointment today. A little late but i got it. I have my appointment on may 14. So things r moving now!!! I think they dont want to call me during finals so they schedule after my finals. They care about me so much. Love u USCIS!!!!!!

Congratulations!