• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulations nepal2010. Things are moving indeed. Now, make sure don't get any cut on your fingers. Start wearing thick gloves...

i received my biometrics appointment today. A little late but i got it. I have my appointment on may 14. So things r moving now!!! I think they dont want to call me during finals so they schedule after my finals. They care about me so much. Love u USCIS!!!!!!

Hi ayoussry,

May be it is not background check, just fingerprinting check.
Usually FBI is very efficient in that. I think since they sent it
to USCIS you'll get approved in no time...

Hi All,

So I had my interview today. I thought everything went fine. till the office hand me a paper stating that my case is being held due to background checks. I called FBI and after two phone calls i got someone who confirmed that the fingerprints was just sent few minutes ago to UCSIS....

Anyone had the same experience?

Congratulations Valesco.

Would you tell us where were you interviewed, which Field Office?

Hi!

I wanted to thank all this forum because here is where I found answers when I was not sure what to do. Thanks God I didn't need any lawyer and my process went very smooth.

Yesterday I had my interview, I'm still in shock because I feel my process went faster than it usually goes (ok, it was not 15 days like some other cases but the whole thing since I sent my AOS package took 1 month and 20 days).
I had the interview at 2 pm, I got the place about half an hour before (it's requested) and got called to talk to an immigration officer around 2:10. I was very lucky, the guy was Asian and was super nice, polite and educated. The first thing he made us do when we entered in his office was to take the oath. Then he asked for IDs, Passports and social security cards, and any W2 and tax returns we had (none for us, we were with F-1 and still active students).

He went over few question on the I-485, the ones that ask if you are a criminal and blah blah blah.... also our phone number and address to see if it was correct. He ask also for our latest bank statements (I gave a big block of paper for the last 6 moths haha... it was too much but he took it =o) ). He didn't ask for affidavit of support, or pictures of us together or anything else. He was explaining us what was to be a permanent resident, when can we apply for citizenship ( when he mentioned this I knew we were approved hehe ), he also said that my spouse would get a full greencard that expires in ten years, I thought he would received the one that expires in 2 years...

Then I ask:... so, are we approved? and he said: oh yes! and smiled =oD...
He said: do you have any other question? we said no and left =oD

He said we should be receiving the welcome letter sometime in the next 2 weeks and the greencard after that, if a month has passed and we haven't received our GCs whe should do an infopass...

That's it.. process almost finish but I already feel relieved! now waiting for the letter and GC, I have more patience for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi new one.

I received may be 10 NOAs during my immigration history and they never had my social on.
So, don't worry, be happy.

I have one question for all of you.
There is no social security number on my I-797c......it's empty on that place, but I have social security number and I sent them copy and also provide in the forms when they asked.
Is that normal???

So did I...

OK, not a joke, I received a new interview appointment for 5/13/10. I think that they got my cases messed up and they are scheduling this new interview based on my employment based case. I believe that they received my EB files from Texas Service Center and, instead of consolidating it with my DV case, they are processing it as an individual case.

Anyway, I look forward to going to the interview. It may be the only chance that I would have to talk to an Immigration Officer and maybe put my case back on track.

Congratulations nepal2010, ayoussry and Valesco, that's great and I'm happy for you all.

i2009, now that's interesting, two interviews??? That is one good opportunity for you to find out exactly what is going on with your case, so good luck.

new one, my friend didn't have her ssn # on the form, either, I think that it's typical not to have it printed there.

Hi,
I'd like to ask smth. As I wrote before, I didn't get any update on my case for doing the biometrics. The last update was way before the biometrics. Is there the possibility that they didn't receive my biometrics? How can I find out?

Thanks a lot.

DV2010EU25XXX (Chicago,IL)
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

OK, not a joke, I received a new interview appointment for 5/13/10. I think that they got my cases messed up and they are scheduling this new interview based on my employment based case. I believe that they received my EB files from Texas Service Center and, instead of consolidating it with my DV case, they are processing it as an individual case.

Anyway, I look forward to going to the interview. It may be the only chance that I would have to talk to an Immigration Officer and maybe put my case back on track.

Whaat? I had to read that twice!!! I think they're confused, probably they even forgot that they interviewed you already! Anyway, as you said, might be the only chance for you to put things straight. Hope something comes out of it. Btw, don't you have an Infopass coming? If you do, you might wanna bring the interview up, maybe it'll make them look into it right away.

As always, keep us updated. I'm always checking for your updates, so don't think I've forgotten about you! :)

Hi,
I'd like to ask smth. As I wrote before, I didn't get any update on my case for doing the biometrics. The last update was way before the biometrics. Is there the possibility that they didn't receive my biometrics? How can I find out?

Thanks a lot.

My friends did their biometrics last Friday, too, and they haven't received any updates either. I thought you get an update within 48 hours, but I guess rules are made to be broken. I got mine 4 days later. Good luck.

Hi forum friends,

Update on my case!

I received an email from KCC stating that "they have forwarded my case file to USCIS."
Thank you "anonymous person" who provided me contact info of a person in charge.
I thank KCC and forgive them, I even forgive the person who treated me "not so professionally"

It is a good day!

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

DV2010EU25XXX (Chicago,IL)
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

Hi x2010x,

My advice to you, don't worry much about the online status or update. During our journey, the online status never changed and we never received any updates until the day we had our interview (after), and the update was CPO for EAD. When the GCs were approved that's when we started seeing status updates.

Sooo, be patient and just do what you need to do on your side, leave the rest to them.

Good luck on your upcoming interview!

Hi forum friends,

Update on my case!

I received an email from KCC stating that "they have forwarded my case file to USCIS."
Thank you "anonymous person" who provided me contact info of a person in charge.
I thank KCC and forgive them, I even forgive the person who treated me "not so professionally"

It is a good day!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy, so happy for you :) :) :)

Hi again,

I would like to thank publicly to "the anonymous person" who provided me contact info of a person in charge at KCC.

Thank you, kindly...

Hi again,

I was out of "my comfort zone" (took a trip) for about a day
when I came back good news was coming one after another...

Update on my case!

I received a text from USCIS stating that there was an update on my I-765
application. (employment authorization card) When a checked my online status it says:
"On April 21, 2010, we ordered production of your new card."
I already got another EAD card but good news is good news. No complaints...

I am not done yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again,

...And when I returned home late so tired opened the same
mail box I have been opening sometimes twice a day, sometimes
on Sundays I finally found what I have been longing for so long.

"Interview Letter for May 13, 2010"

...Yes, It is "a good day" indeed!

Hi again,

...And when I returned home late so tired opened the same
mail box I have been opening sometimes twice a day, sometimes
on Sundays I finally found what I have been longing for so long.

"Interview Letter for May 13, 2010"

...Yes, It is "a good day" indeed!

OMG, you're on a roll. Wow...don't know what to say other than "I'm soooo happy for you". When I read the previous post, I thought you're getting your card without an interview for sure, too, but now you got the interview letter, too....hmmm...confusing a bit, but definitely something to be happy about :) Congrats again...for all the updates :)

They are just sending me an EAD card and I received the interview letter.
Also if I get my card without interview too, yours won't be that special.
So I cannot do it to you. So far this fiscal year you are "the only special person" we got...

OMG, you're on a roll. Wow...don't know what to say other than "I'm soooo happy for you". When I read the previous post, I thought you're getting your card without an interview for sure, too, but now you got the interview letter, too....hmmm...confusing a bit, but definitely something to be happy about :) Congrats again...for all the updates :)

Hey guys. I would like to know the process for all the Dv-Lottery if someone has won.. I just want to know the steps step-by-step if you could tell me please. I'm from Jordan and currently living in the US so, what I have exactly to do from the first to the last? I know it's too much for you guys but please do it for me and for others. Thank you :)