Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I would not burn or throw away any original documents from INS. It doesnt take up any more room than that playboy magazine under your mattress :D

But just as magazine can get you in trouble if you try to use them again.

LOL! Maybe so with the magazines. But seriously, why would you want to throw the originals away. If you ever need them to prove something for whatever reason, digital copies are not the same thing. Wouldn't be very smart to try and use them again. and for what?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! Maybe so with the magazines. But seriously, why would you want to throw the originals away. If you ever need them to prove something for whatever reason, digital copies are not the same thing. Wouldn't be very smart to try and use them again. and for what?

My intention to say that I would thro' them in a camp fire is just symbolic expression to show frustration. But once you become citizen, the naturalization certificate alone replaces all those truck load of immigration papers. It is the only one that we ever need to prove our identity. Passport will suffice but naturalization certificate is the mother of all immigration papers.

Re-Schedule at Fortworth, TX

Hello All,

Please see our timeline in signature and please go through this and let me know if anyone of you has to resechedule at Fortworth, TX if so please your experiences.

Both of us had the same time for FP, but unfortunate thing was my wife had mehndi on her hands and they asked to reschedule her appointment once it is completely off on her hands. Mine was done and it was very quick within 15 minutes it was finished.

After a week i mailed them the rescheduled appointment on 06/01/2009 to the Fortworth, TX office and they received on 06/02/2009 signed by a officer (FEDEX) and still no response from them and waiting for the Reschedule FP Notice/Appt letter from them.

Did anyone rescheduled FP in Fortworth, TX and if so how many days it did take. I will post the details as and when there is an update on my end.

Also please let me know if any of you did walk-in at this FP location (Fortworth, TX).

Thanking you in advance.

Please see my timeline in Signature.

Also another question i dont see SRC # on any of the notices i received. There is Application Number starts with NBC*... and USCIS A#.....

Please let me know.

Please see my timeline in Signature.

Also another question i dont see SRC # on any of the notices i received. There is Application Number starts with NBC*... and USCIS A#.....

Please let me know.

NBC* is the number for Citizenship applications. Don't worry about SRC#s any more.

And if you try to look up status online at USCIS, don't be surprised if you get errors. Thats normal. Track the error message changes or Last update Dates...these are indications of some activity on your case.

Hello All,

Please see our timeline in signature and please go through this and let me know if anyone of you has to resechedule at Fortworth, TX if so please your experiences.

Both of us had the same time for FP, but unfortunate thing was my wife had mehndi on her hands and they asked to reschedule her appointment once it is completely off on her hands. Mine was done and it was very quick within 15 minutes it was finished.

After a week i mailed them the rescheduled appointment on 06/01/2009 to the Fortworth, TX office and they received on 06/02/2009 signed by a officer (FEDEX) and still no response from them and waiting for the Reschedule FP Notice/Appt letter from them.

Did anyone rescheduled FP in Fortworth, TX and if so how many days it did take. I will post the details as and when there is an update on my end.

Also please let me know if any of you did walk-in at this FP location (Fortworth, TX).

Thanking you in advance.

Search earlier posts on the Dallas thread on how someone got FP reprinted during INFOPASS appointments.

Thanks Milk for the message. I searched on the forum and dont see about FP walk-ins at Fortworth, TX office.

Another question i have is i dont see SRC # on any of the receipts i received from USCIS (I-797C) this has Received Dt, Notice Dt, Priority Dt, Application Number(NBC* followed by 9 digits) and USCIS A# (A followed by 9 digits) and when i called the USCIS # to check the status, it is prompting me to enter receipt number and when i try to enter the NBC*# it says invalid number. So when will i get SRC#?

Thanks Milk for the message. I searched on the forum and dont see about FP walk-ins at Fortworth, TX office. (read thro' Dallas thread or N400 Q1 thread..go back few pages...check last 2 months of messages...shouldn't be whole lot..but read thro' them ..you will find someone who missed the FP...and was able to get it reprinted during an infopass appt.)

Another question i have is i dont see SRC # on any of the receipts i received from USCIS (I-797C) this has Received Dt, Notice Dt, Priority Dt, Application Number(NBC* followed by 9 digits) and USCIS A# (A followed by 9 digits) and when i called the USCIS # to check the status, it is prompting me to enter receipt number and when i try to enter the NBC*# it says invalid number. So when will i get SRC#?

I already replied to your question about SRC#. Anyway, N400 doesn't generate an SRC#. The NBC* is the one that you need. The USCIS website status check is inconsistent. If it says invalid...it doesn't mean anything. Don't sweat on it.

Copy that error message somewhere on your desktop. If you see a new error message later, then it means your interview has been scheduled.

I've replied to someone on "N400 Q2" thread before about these messages. You can search.

Bottom line, Dallas DO is generating interview letters in 3 weeks since FP (assuming no complexities with your background checks)..from your signature it looks like you completed FP on 5/26...so expect your interview letter sometime next week or a week after. Cheers

No, it was at 7:50AM. I passed the interview but due to prior arrest, decision could not be made by the IO.

Alright, then. Same for me. I had my interview at 8:30 AM and approved but couldn't do the oath because of prior citation/arrest. Waiting for the oath. Called customer service # today to find out if they have it already scheduled for oath or not. The rep said my case is in Q for oath but couldn't tell when exactly. I was told by my interviewing officer that it will be in 3-4 weeks..not sure whether I will get the oath letter in 3-4 weeks or actual oath..lets wait and see. keep me posted.

The way they're doing the same day oaths since last 3-4 months, there shouldn't be a big backlog of people waiting for oath.

Received my interview letter today :) for 07/24/2009 at 11AM. I have not seen any changes to the online status of my application though... still showing: Current Status: Case received and pending.

Can anyone tell the chances of getting same day oath when interview is scheduled for 11AM??? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Updated timeline:

Dallas D.O.

04/21/2009 N-400 Mailed
04/27/2009 Check Cashed
04/29/2009 Receipt with Priority date 04/22/2009
05/09/2009 Fingerprint Notice
05/19/2009 Fingerprint Completed
06/13/2009 Interview Letter Received
07/24/2009 Interview Date
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Letter
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Date

Received my interview letter today :) for 07/24/2009 at 11AM. I have not seen any changes to the online the status of my application though...

Can anyone tell the chances of getting same day oath when interview is scheduled for 11AM??? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I heard it is 11:30 cutoff time for 1:30 Oath. I guess, you are on borderline...reach there by 10:30 AM (they allow people 1/2 hour earlier)...if you are lucky..you may be called up earlier and finish up by 11:30....but not to pour cold water on....but they usually are crowded..so you could see some delays..may not be finishing up your interview by 11:30...

I heard it is 11:30 cutoff time for 1:30 Oath. I guess, you are on borderline...reach there by 10:30 AM (they allow people 1/2 hour earlier)...if you are lucky..you may be called up earlier and finish up by 11:30....but not to pour cold water on....but they usually are crowded..so you could see some delays..may not be finishing up your interview by 11:30...

Thanks MILK! I'll keep my fingers crossed but I will be happy with whatever the outcome is... things are moving much faster than I had anticipated originally.

Bye for now.

04/21/2009 N-400 Mailed
04/27/2009 Check Cashed
04/29/2009 Receipt with Priority date 04/22/2009
05/09/2009 Fingerprint Notice
05/19/2009 Fingerprint Completed
06/13/2009 Interview Letter Received
07/24/2009 Interview Date
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Letter
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Date

Friends,

Need your advice. Received the yellow interview letter today which asks me to bring copies of all arrest records as I have indicated I had been arrested. I had indicated I had two traffic incidents:

- One was way back in 2001, when I was driving on I-20 east towards Shreveport, LA from Dallas, TX..speeding 10 miles over limit and had to pay fine of USD 125 via mail...don't have any records to show

- One was a redlight violation ticket from City of Plano in late 2007. Paid a fine of USD 75. No records to show here either

- My DPS licence history is available and shows I have no moving violations on record.

In retrospect, I should not have disclosed any of these incidents as they are really minor - but how do I ensure that I am covered...don't even know how to get court copies for mail tickets. Please advise.