Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Because lately almost everyone has gotten their interview less than 3 months after filing. I'm a 3YA not a 5YA:D

Okay! I don't think you should reschedule your interview on that basis, you'll likely reach 3YA by the time you take Oath

Naturalization

Had interview at 8am on 06/23. LPR 06/28/04. I got thru and got the oath the same day. My Wife got approval but oath was not given the same day stating the reason of 5 yrs not complete. No consistency anyways. If you are in luck a the IO did not pay much attention you will get the oath the same day (if before 11:30 am).

Now Wife has to wait for the Oath letter and date. Ridiculous. USCIS should pay more attention to the date and should not send the interview prior to 5 yrs. Please can people post when we usually get the letter (IO said 2 weeks, but I doubt that). Got to deal with USCIS for couple of more months I guess.

Here are my details

----------------
Dallas DO

06/19/09 : Mail Sent to Lewisville, TX Office
06/22/09 : Mail received
06/22/09 : Priority Date.
06/24/09 : Check Cashed.
xx/xx/09 : Notice Date.
xx/xx/09 : NOA Received
xx/xx/09 : FP Notice Date
xx/xx/09 : FP Notice Received
xx/xx/09 : FP Date
xx/xx/09 : IL Notice Date
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date
xx/xx/09 : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date.

My timeline is below, still have not received IL letter. Friend of mine went to be FP last week and has already received his IL letter.

Anyone from Dallas with update on their timeline? I have not seen much activity, please share.

Thanks!

Well, just before replying to your post..I thought lets check mail for today and then post...guess what, I see my oath letter in the mailbox....scheduled for July 27th 8:30 AM.:):):)

they're mailing Oath Letter in 3 to 4 weeks time frame...not Oath in 3-4 weeks...your OL should be on its way..check your mailbox.

anyway, I've scheduled last week an InfoPass for tomorrow....2nd one since interview...lets see if they can move it to an earlier date..if not..I will just go with my July 27th one...happy with it....I was scheduling an infopass alternate weeks just in case ..as I didn't want to stuck in the oath letter waiting game...now the The End is near

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just before replying to your post..I thought lets check mail for today and then post...guess what, I see my oath letter in the mailbox....scheduled for July 27th 8:30 AM.

they're mailing Oath Letter in 3 to 4 weeks time frame...not Oath in 3-4 weeks...your OL should be on its way..check your mailbox.

anyway, I've scheduled last week an InfoPass for tomorrow....2nd one since interview...lets see if they can move it to an earlier date..if not..I will just go with my July 27th one...happy with it....I was scheduling an infopass alternate weeks just in case ..as I didn't want to stuck in the oath letter waiting game...now the The End is near

Congrats milk! I am happy to see your epic is coming to an end soon.

I have a question for you, more experienced USCIS customer... you mentioned you did schedule an appointment via InfoPass to try to move your Oath date, how can you accomplish that? Just by talking to the IO and presenting your case?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Dallas DO

04/21/2009 N-400 Mailed
04/27/2009 Check Cashed
04/29/2009 Receipt with Priority date 04/22/2009
05/09/2009 Fingerprint Notice
05/19/2009 Fingerprint Completed
06/13/2009 Interview Letter Received
07/24/2009 Interview Date
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Letter
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Date

Congrats Milk i told you IO told me it should be 3 to 4 weeks. I checked my mail and I got my oath letter too for July 27 today.See you at the oath ceremony at 8:30

03/25/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/27/09 : Received Date
03/27/09 : Priority Date.
04/08/09 : Notice Date.
04/10/09 : NOA Received
04/25/09 : FP Notice Date
04/13/09 : FP Notice Received
04/25/09 : FP Done
05/16/09: Interview Letter.
06/22/09 : Interview Date.Approved
07/01/09 : Oath Letter.
07/27/09: Oath Date.

Congrats milk! I am happy to see your epic is coming to an end soon.

I have a question for you, more experienced USCIS customer... you mentioned you did schedule an appointment via InfoPass to try to move your Oath date, how can you accomplish that? Just by talking to the IO and presenting your case?

Thanks again for your help.

While I don't have high expectation for them to move the Oath to an earlier date on request but since I already have a InfoPass scheduled for tomorrow..I would just go and ask them if they can do it or not.
My argument is that I need to go out of country if I can get my passport before summer holidays are over for my daughter. There is no precedent here about being able to move the oath to an earlier date by talking to an IO during infopass..so I am just giving it a shot.Lets see if it works or not..I will post it here tomorrow....I would not be requesting this if I had no previously scheduled infopass...the reason for my infopass was to inquire about OL..I can just cancel it since I already got my OL..but instead I would just use it for requesting earlier oath...guessing only 10% chance of success though

Congrats Milk i told you IO told me it should be 3 to 4 weeks. I checked my mail and I got my oath letter too for July 27 today.See you at the oath ceremony at 8:30

Cool. I will see u there on 27th then.

I will be holding a "milk" bottle at the oath if you want to identify me ;);)

Just kidding.

Cool. I will see u there on 27th then.

I will be holding a "milk" bottle at the oath if you want to identify me ;);)

Just kidding.

Dude: I wonder why is it that your oath Ceremony taking this long in Dallas Office. Do you have to be at the Federal Judge ceremony ones for a name change issue or it is taking few weeks now for Dallas Office?

Milk and Peshawar

can you please cut and paste and post here what your uscis online status says
after seeing that you got your letters today, i was disappointed when i didnt receive mine
my online status is
Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

My error message changed right after the interview letter is issued...on May 1st....but not now after OL is issued.. I believe it will stay the same for good like this...I don't think it will change after Oath is scheduled.

This is the message my online status showing now...last update date is still May 1st
Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283

Dude: I wonder why is it that your oath Ceremony taking this long in Dallas Office. Do you have to be at the Federal Judge ceremony ones for a name change issue or it is taking few weeks now for Dallas Office?
If the interview is done by 11:30 AM , then oath is done same day at 1:30. If NOT, one has to wait for the oath to be scheduled. It is 4-6 weeks now in Dallas if the OL is to be mailed out if one can not do the same day oath. I guess, 4-6 weeks is not bad.

Milk,
I will be wearing suit with red rose in my hand so that you can identify me :)

My status never changed since day one on the website it is same since i applied for N-400 so i will suggest don,t go with website it won't all the time

Milk,
I will be wearing suit with red rose in my hand so that you can identify me :)

My status never changed since day one on the website it is same since i applied for N-400 so i will suggest don,t go with website it won't all the time

Since oath is on July 27th..did you already postpone your out of country trip on 7/20?

To request an earlier oath, one has to write a letter with a valid reason and drop it at the box.Then USCIS may consider it. Vacation plan doesn't constitute a valid reason. This is what I was told during an infopass appt today. So I will just go with my scheduled July 27th Oath plan. :):)

To request an earlier oath, one has to write a letter with a valid reason and drop it at the box.Then USCIS may consider it. Vacation plan doesn't constitute a valid reason. This is what I was told during an infopass appt today. So I will just go with my scheduled July 27th Oath plan. :):)

Would federal job application deadline constitute a valid reason in your opinion?