Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

longjourney

Registered Users (C)
Thank you every one for providing valuable information on this forum.

Here is my time line in Dallas, Texas.

RD - 07/04
FP - 08/04
Interview - 12/04

Does any one know what are the oath ceremony dates in Dallas area?

According to the USCIS web site they hold the oath ceremony every 3 months. They do not have dates listed and they are not available from the national service center as well.

Is it possible to get the Oath done earlier by going to a federal judge after the interview?

the oath ceremonies depend on the county you live in.
dallas-dallas convention center-you can check the calendar

collin-plano convention center

i dont think you can get a oath ceremony with a federal judge

longjourney said:
Thank you every one for providing valuable information on this forum.

Here is my time line in Dallas, Texas.

RD - 07/04
FP - 08/04
Interview - 12/04

Does any one know what are the oath ceremony dates in Dallas area?

According to the USCIS web site they hold the oath ceremony every 3 months. They do not have dates listed and they are not available from the national service center as well.

Is it possible to get the Oath done earlier by going to a federal judge after the interview?
I think oath ceremonies are schedule more frequently (atleast once a month).

DFW_BR:

Thanks for the prompt response. I live in the collin county and I have checked the calender of the plano center but it never shows the citizenship ceremony as scheduled event.

Here is the URL for the september calender.

http://www.planocentre.com/calsept.htm

If you are aware of any other ways to findout this info please post.

Phillydude:

here is the quote from the uscis website for Dallas.

"Citizenship Ceremonies:
The Dallas District has been given the authority by the courts to hold Administrative Ceremonies. This office conducts ceremonies every 90 days within our jurisdiction."

URL: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/aboutus.htm

You are correct about Houston and San Anotonio office though.

longjourney
the plano center does not have a calendar of events that shows the oath ceremonies.
i attended the july 23rd(applied july 2003) ceremony at the plano center where they told us about the sept/oct 23rd ceremony.

they might be having oath ceremonies in sherman in addition to the plano center.

you can try and go to a oath ceremony and chat up the INS people.they dont have stop you to check the oath letter at the doors(of the center)

longjourney,

I received my oath letter this week. It's on Nov 18th at Plano center. I was initially scheduled for oath on July 23rd, but I had to postpone it as I was in India at that time.

Anil,

how did you reshedule your oath?, did you just send a letter requesting for resheduling the oath?

longjourney,

There is an oath scheduled for Dec 2nd at the Dallas Convention center.
look at the Dallas convention centre website, events calender.

My interview is on 12/16/04, do anybody know about oath ceremonies in late Dec or Jan 05

dfwtech,

I wrote them a letter to postpone my oath. But after I returned from India I called the customer service # and went to BCIS office to check the status.

I think there is a oath ceremony every 2-3 months. I was initially scheduled for July 23rd, after that there was one on Sept 22nd, Oct 23rd and mine is Nov 18th (plano center). I think the Oct 23rd one was a small group of 50 or so.

Are u in collin county? then ur oath will be in plano. best thing is don't postpone anything, unless u don't have a choice.

Dfwtech,

Could you please let us know your receipt and fingerprinting dates? I just want to have an idea when when I will be receiving my interview letter and when my interview may be scheduled. I am planning my vacation in the coming months. Thanks in advance.

My own dates are:

Aug 02 2004: Mailed N400 app
Aug 03 2004: Receipt date/Priority date
Sep 09 2004: Finger Printing date

Took my oath today in Plano. There were about 575 poeple that took oath today from 85 countries. But India and Mexico had large numbers. Went in at 9:00 a.m and it took 3 hrs by the time i got out with my certificate. Will apply for passport tomorrow at the post-office. There was a booth for passports at the ceremony but there was a long line.

Thanks to everybody on this forum who provided good and valuable information!!! Good luck to everyone.

Application Date: 08/2004
FingerPrint Date: 10/2004
Interview Date : 01/2005
Oath ...?

Do you have a date for oath yet? longjourney
Anyone knows when is next oath ceremony date in Plano Center?

Last edited by a moderator:
My time line in Dallas

Application Date : 07/04
Fingerprinting Date 08/04
Interview date : ??? Have not received interview call
Oath : ??

Does anybody else have similar experience? I also noticed that the Dallas District office N-400 current dates have moved back .
The USCIS website for Dallas district office had following cuurent dates.

Nov 10 update : April 15
Dec 15 update : March 15.

So from Nov to Dec 2004, the current dates has moved back. How is this possible?

ums,

My dates are similar to yours - see post #9 above. There has been no letter since finger printing.

desi_2004

desi_2004,

Good to know I am not alone. Actually i have applied a month earlier to you. What i could not figure out how the current dates moved back? I have been monitoring these dates and they have moved back in Dallas be a month.

Don't expect anything to happen in the rest of the year due to holiday season. Hope to get a interview letter in Jan. BTW i have an appointment to Dallas district office thru infopass to check on the status of my application on 28 th dec. Let us see what i can find out.

How do you get this infopass? Do you get an appointment time - or - do you have to line up? Let us know what you find out in your meeting.

About the dates going back - I do not know the technical reasons for it - it probably reflects some kind of backlog (holiday blues at the INS is not beyond the realm of possibility). I would not pay much attention to it. A friend of mine who applied in Feb 04 got his interview done in Aug 04, and at that time the INS date was still in Dec 03.

infopass

For Infopass you can shedule an appointment by going to infopass.uscis.gov.
When you ask for an appointed, they will give you an available date and you have choice to pick time on that date.

I will let you know what information they give out when i go to get status on my application.

My timeline in Dallas Update

I have completed my interview in Dallas last week. I passed the interview. According to INS officer the Oath ceremony will be scheduled sometime in February in Plano. I will keep you posted once I get the Oath letter.

The interview was very straight forward. They asked 6-7 questions.

UMS, and Desi_2004 it will definitely help if you go to meet local INS officer. I received my interview letter 3 days after my meeting with INS officer. It could be conincidence but I would like to believe that it made a difference.

Good luck to all.