Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

My interview was at 7:50 AM. Kinda early. :D

The oath was at 1:30 PM and it took about an hour...it was around 2:30 PM when I left.

I got my interview letter today for June 22, 2009 at 11:00. I am assuming i will not get oath on same day as it is kind of late. I have a question how long it is taking nowadays to get the oath letter is it 6 weeks?
DO : Dallas

03/25/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/27/09 : Received Date
03/27/09 : Priority Date.
04/08/09 : Notice Date.
04/10/09 : NOA Received
04/25/09 : FP Notice Date
04/13/09 : FP Notice Received
04/25/09 : FP Done
05/16/09: Interview Letter.
06/22/09 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

FP Notice lost..Infopass helped

Hello:

Thought of sharing this for the benefit of folks with similar issue. Myself and my wife applied N-400 this Feb 16th. We recieved the receipt notice on Feb-18 and received to FP notice on March 14th with appointment date of March 18th.

We wer not in town (spring break) and missed the appointment. We responded to the address mentioned in the FP notice along with reason and requested to re-schedule to another date. We mailed the response on April 1st week via USPS priority mail (with delivery confirmation).

Since there were no response from USCIS, I checked the delivery with USPS to find that mail was misssent and wrongly delivered to someone in different zip code.

My calls to USCIS (1800 number) were useless. They were playing back the same standard script. Tired of this, I requested a infopass appoitment on 5/7 (in Irving office).

The IIO (Immigration Information officer) almost sent us home advising to write a letter to the ASC with the fact that FP appt was missed and oringal FP notice was lost.

While I tried to prolong the conversation and requested to talk to an supervisor, an cacusian middle-aged female (very polite) stepped in and suggested my IIO that she take my FP notice copy inside and meet some XXX for scheduling bio-metircs.

after about 10 minutes, the same middle-aged female called me by name and provided me a print out with new FP notice schedule. She seems to clearly know the process and was very helpful.

Atlast, I now May 28th as my FP date. Let's see how this goes.

Thanks

N-400 Applied: 2/16/09
N-400 Priority date: 2/18/09
FP Notice revied : 3/14
Orginal FP notice data: 3/18
Missed the FP appointment
Request to re-schedule the appointment response lost by USCIS
Infopass appt in Irving - 5/8
new FP date: 5/28

Hello all,

This is the very first time I ever join a discussion group and am really glad to see so much support/information around naturalization.

Just wanted to thank you all for sharing your personal timelines and would like to do the same below.

Dallas DO

04/21/2009 N-400 Mailed
04/27/2009 Check Cashed
04/29/2009 Receipt with Priority date 04/22/2009
05/09/2009 Fingerprint Notice
05/19/2009 Fingerprint Completed
xxxxxxxxxx Interview Letter Received
xxxxxxxxxx Interview Date
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Letter
xxxxxxxxxx Oath Date

Timeline between interview and oath??

Can someone please share the average timeline in dallas between interview and oath is it six weeks or is it less than that?
My interview is June 22 and I am going out of country on July 20. I appreciate any info.

DO:Dallas

Can someone please share the average timeline in dallas between interview and oath is it six weeks or is it less than that?
My interview is June 22 and I am going out of country on July 20. I appreciate any info.

DO:Dallas

Apparently the new Dallas DO is conducting same day Oath Ceremonies for interviews completed until 1100AM, so if you have an early appointment you will be graced with same day citizenship, otherwise, a few people I know who have been through naturalization this year and have had later appointments at the Dallas DO, averaged 34 days between interview and actual Oath.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know if anyone of you have had this problem. My receipt number was working fine until today. It is saying that my receipt number is incomplete and is reported problem with my IP address. I tried several computers and encountered the same problem.

I would like to know if anyone of you have had this problem. My receipt number was working fine until today. It is saying that my receipt number is incomplete and is reported problem with my IP address. I tried several computers and encountered the same problem.

I don't see your timelines but if you had your FP done recently, and if your error message looked like the one below, then it is an indication for "your file has been transferred to local DO and expect Interview Letter very soon." :):)

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

*Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Thanks you very much MILK. I just received by interview letter. Very Good estimate MILK.

My Timeline:
N400 Sent on 4/2/2009
N400 Received in Texas on 4/6/2009
Received NOA 4/08/09
Received FP Notice 4/20/09
FP completed 5/1/09
Received Interview Notice 5/30/09
Interview Scheduled for 7/7/09
Interviewed: Pass the test but Pending supervisor's approval (see below).
Oath Completed ??????
Passport Received ????

I went for my interview yesterday and here is my own story LADIES and WE-MEN (I mean we the men). Got there on time and was called 20 mins late. Went through the usual protocol and again answered all the YES and NO questions. She asked if I owe taxes and I said yes but I am doing payment plan with the IRS. She said I guess we gonna have to put you case on hold until you pay it off. I told her that I have a letter from the IRS about the payment plan and I also told her that I have all my bank statements showing the automatic withdrawal. I went further to tell her that immigration ask to have the IRS letter with me. She took a look at it and decided to consult another IO. She came back and said you are fine and when ahead and started testing me. Se asked me these questions:

1) Who wrote the declaration of independence?
2) What is the name of president of the USA now?
3) What is the political party of the president now?
4) What are the two major political parties in the USA?
5) Name three of 13 original states?
6) Name one state that borders Mexico?

She said I passed the test, and told me to verify the information that is going to be on my certificate and sign. She then said everything looks good and took copies of my taxes letter and bank statements and told me that her supervisor have to approval it and I will get a letter in the mail fro the oath ceremony. I was not even mad, because I have never been successful getting things done on the same with "men in black" (immigration) since 1998. I know the waiting game is still not over. Thanks to everyone for all valuable information and good luck to you all.

Guys can someone paste the check list for the docs we need to take for interview, or add to my list. Some docs are required and some are good to carry to be on safe side . The list I have is

Green Card
Passports
Social Security card
Driving licence
Tax papers for last five years

DO Dallas

Guys can someone paste the check list for the docs we need to take for interview, or add to my list. Some docs are required and some are good to carry to be on safe side . The list I have is

Green Card
Passports
Social Security card
Driving licence
Tax papers for last five years

Check out the sticky at the top of the board. I carried the following (may be an overkill, but I decided to play it safe):

1. Interview letter, FP letter and NOA letters
2. Extra copy of N-400, to read along, if required
3. Current Indian Passport, Green Card, Drivers license and SSN card
4. Tax Transcripts for 2005, 2006, 2007 and Account Transcripts for 2003 and 2004
5. Printouts of actual tax returns, with IRS confirmation of receipt which you get on electronic filing
6. Employment letters and paystubs
7. Two utility bills
8. Photocopy of the vehicle registration of my cars
9. Title of the house that I own
10. Mortgage statement
11. Bank statement
12. Vehicle insurance invoice
13. Social Security statements for last 3 years
14. Affidavits in lieu of Birth Certificates which I got at the time of GC processing
15. Birth certificates of my two children
16. Marriage certificate
17. Two extra photographs

I don't see your timelines but if you had your FP done recently, and if your error message looked like the one below, then it is an indication for "your file has been transferred to local DO and expect Interview Letter very soon." :):)

Validation Error(s)

*Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Hi, what website do you use to check status?

Thanks! I get a "Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again.". I called support and the person speculated that my case could have gone to the local office. It's been close to a month since I got my fingerprinting done. should i be concerned?

Priority date - 3/13/09
First Fingerprinting date - 4/17/09
Second fingerprinting date (got a notice to retake) - 5/7/09
CRF/Yellow letter - 5/19/09 (dated 5/14/09)

waiting....

Thanks! I get a "Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again.". I called support and the person speculated that my case could have gone to the local office. It's been close to a month since I got my fingerprinting done. should i be concerned?

Nothing to be concerned about. The USCIS online status is notoriously inconsistent. Mine still says "Application Received and Pending" though I passed the interview a week back. And per some folks on this forum, it is an indication that you are about to receive your IL.

Priority date - 3/13/09
First Fingerprinting date - 4/17/09
Second fingerprinting date (got a notice to retake) - 5/7/09
CRF/Yellow letter - 5/19/09 (dated 5/14/09)

waiting....

When that message changes to the one below, you will get Interview Letter in 3-4 days.

Validation Error(s)

Nothing to be concerned about. The USCIS online status is notoriously inconsistent. Mine still says "Application Received and Pending" though I passed the interview a week back. And per some folks on this forum, it is an indication that you are about to receive your IL.

If a case is entered into the system and displays "Application received" message, it appears that there will be no changes to it for the life time :) :)
At least the USCIS online status is consistent in displaying error message...from not found to incomplete status to indicate the file transfer to local/IL mailed out. :):)

Approved in Irving,TX. Same day oath

Its over, finally. Interview was scheduled for 10AM. I was allowed to enter at 9:30. Wife was scheduled at 10:30, but they allowed her in as we were together.

I was called in 15 min later. Apparently, the nice ;) IO accidently pulled my IL instead of someone else's. That works for me as the cut-off time for same day oath is 11:30AM. My wife had to wait until 12:30PM for her interview, so she did not get the same day oath.

Inerview was done in 15 min. Very straightforward. Asked a few personal data questions from the application, then the test questions. I didn't keep count, but I thought she asked more than 6 although I know I got them right. And no questions about my tickets. She asked me if I wanted to complete Oath at 1:30PM, and of course I said Yay. About 60+ people took the oath.:p

Now for the hard part. My wife is pissed that she will have to wait fo her oath. :( The problem is we have to go for a wedding to Canada on July 24. If she gets her oath scheduled right before July 24, she will not be able get her PP on time to travel to the wedding.

Now for the hard part. My wife is pissed that she will have to wait fo her oath. :( The problem is we have to go for a wedding to Canada on July 24. If she gets her oath scheduled right before July 24, she will not be able get her PP on time to travel to the wedding.

If she has oath before July 24, she can go to a regional passport center to get passport the day.

Just re-posting in the Dallas Thread for future search purposes.

Scheduled for 8:30 AM interview today in Irving, Texas. A 5 min drive from home. Reached there by 8 AM but called in for interview at 9 AM as there was a large crowd waiting inside.

The interview process: Simple but the officer (a latino) was quite and serious. He just asked for GC, Social Security Card, DL and Passport and picked GC only when I laid out all in front of him . Then verified few things on GC and referenced some codes with a note on his wall. Asked me to sign the pictures and other forms etc.

Asked the questions from N400 and verified address, name, DOB etc.

Asked to write "People Elect Congress" and then asked to read "Who elects Congress"

Then civics questions. He did not even mention that he will be asking the civics questions..just started asking them casually..His voice was very low..I couldn't hear at all...infact, I can hear the civics questions being asked from across the hall by another IO but my officer's..anyway..I did not need to hear the whole question.. I answered quickly all of them correct...after few questions..he started counting the number..then stopped exactly at 6...

then all quite...he kept writing things on the app..lot of writing....ofcourse with "red" ink

I was waiting for the most important question on my N400 about arrests...

Have u ever been arrested?

Yes, I do have couple of arrests in my long 17 yr US life.

One back in 1994 for selling alcohol to minor when I was a student working part time. A misdemeanor charge with a fine of $250. Convicted and Paid the fine. No jail nothing. I had no choice but to plead guilty those days as couldn't afford an attorney (as being a student) to fight for it.

And another arrest in 2000 for H1B violations by employer. Was working at a different location than what was mentioned on H1 LCA. But INS dismissed the charges on us and fined the employer. Case closed.

I mentioned these two to the officer and he was satisfied. And asked if I am done with the 1994 violations' probation. I told him that there was no probation just a fine.

And also I explained about the 2000 H1 violation as it was the employer's mistake. He seems to be aware of the law and agrees with me.

After this conversation, he kept writing lot of notes on the N400, verified my certified court documents etc.

Then pulled some rubber stamps and started stamping the papers.

And then showed me N-652 Naturalization Interview Results form with "tick" mark on "You Passed the tests of English and US history and Government" (I did not even care to look at that check mark as I was eagerly skipping down to see the check mark for most important thing).........then the officer told me that "I was approved" with a check mark on "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval" ....YEAHHHH...

I was on cloud 9 ............but wait...

THEN comes the final twist...................................

The officer told me that he couldn't send me for same day oath for today as I had violations and his supervisor will take a look and send me the Oath letter in 3-4 weeks. Not bad. And also he said he doesn't see any issues or problems and just the supervisor needs to put the final touch so thats why he couldn't send me for the oath for today. He also mentioned that since the violation happened long time back (in 1994), it is not an issue at all. I was told the same during my GC interview too (thats another story ..I waited for GC interview for 2 years after my file was transferred to local office for the same reason about the arrest record.)

Anyway, now back into waiting game for the oath letter. He said I should get it pretty soon..3 to 4 weeks...

I waited for 17 years...so 3 weeks is not a big deal....as a matter of fact, I had a long story for my F1 visa back in 1992 too in short, when I went for F1 visa stamping back in 1992, the consulate in Chennai, India made me wait whole day for interview when they actually gave the counter visa in the morning itself..by mistake I was sent to interview hall ..and waited whole day..only to find at the end of the day that my passport with F1 visa was waiting outside to be collected).......

So I am not new to waiting game...3 weeks is nothing....

When I am done with oath, I would probably setup a camp fire...and throw all the NOAs etc into the fire...of course after scanning them into a flashdrive..