Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

FINALLY my oath letter showed

Greetings to ALL
i guess my long journey for Citizenship is finally coming to an end. After a long and painful procedure, my Oath Letter finally showed up.
I thank each and everyone on this board and in particular in this thread for their help and support and i wish everyone else good luck in their persuit.
Regards to all
Cheerz

Congrats OathinPlano

Greetings to ALL
i guess my long journey for Citizenship is finally coming to an end. After a long and painful procedure, my Oath Letter finally showed up.
I thank each and everyone on this board and in particular in this thread for their help and support and i wish everyone else good luck in their persuit.
Regards to all
Cheerz

Congratulations Oathinplano. Dreams finally come true. I became US citizen today at Irving center in Dallas. It feels so good to be an US citizen now.
All,
Keep this thread updated on a constant basis for the benefit of others.

Thanks all.
Cheers

Add 5 years to the date your GC was granted - that is the 5 year anniversary

I didn't realize it to be a possible issue if the interview is before the 5 year anniversary. But USCIS is the one that set the interview date, so its not really "MILK's" call is it?

MILK...is your interview at the Irving location(East Campus circle)? I am scheduled for interview on 6/8, one day before you. I am going to try and ask for same day oath.

RD 3/10
FP 4/7
IL 5/3
ID 6/8

I didn't realize it to be a possible issue if the interview is before the 5 year anniversary. But USCIS is the one that set the interview date, so its not really "MILK's" call is it?

MILK...is your interview at the Irving location(East Campus circle)? I am scheduled for interview on 6/8, one day before you. I am going to try and ask for same day oath.

RD 3/10
FP 4/7
IL 5/3
ID 6/8

yes, It is at the same place. 5 min drive from my home. :)

I am completing my 5 yrs GC on 6/9. One is not citizen until oath is taken place. It shouldn't be that of big deal. Worse case USCIS will finish the interview and schedule the oath later.

But I am hoping to get the same day oath done as I am scheduled to appear at 8:30 AM. Some posters opined that if you have interview scheduled before noon, you most probably get your oath done on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Irving the only location where Oath is done? I live in Plano. Does that mean my oath has to be scheduled in Plano Civic center?

How can I find out what the oath dates & locations are? I read in another thread that this info is out there.

Is Irving the only location where Oath is done? I live in Plano. Does that mean my oath has to be scheduled in Plano Civic center?

How can I find out what the oath dates & locations are? I read in another thread that this info is out there.

I believe all the interviews and oaths for DFW are done at this new location. It is the new DO location. They started doing same day oaths at this new location after it is opened couple of months ago. Not sure whether they will still be conducting oaths in the civic centers/hotels etc for all the pending oaths. They might be doing the pending oaths also at the same location. Don't know for sure.

Normally, you can look out the civic center's or court's calendar for the scheduled events. Thats how people find out about the upcoming oaths.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Interview letter yesterday! I'm so excited!

02/10/09 Mailed N400 Application
02/11/09 N400 Delivered
02/11/09 Priority Date
02/11/09 Received Receipt Notice
02/13/09 Cashed Check
02/24/09 Fingerprint Notice Dated
03/02/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
03/11/09 Fingerprint Completed
04/06/09 Interview Notice Letter
05/08/09 Interview Date (Scheduled)
xx/xx/09 Oath Letter Recieved
xx/xx/09 Oath Taking Ceremony

Don't forget to post your interview experience. I am particularly interested to know about the same day oath :D as my interview is coming up in a month

Both Dallas and Plano convention centers don't have any naturalization ceremonies scheduled in the next few months. I am guessing, the new DO location is the one that will be doing all the oaths. Any recent oaths outside of the new location in Irving?

http://plano.gov/Departments/PlanoCentre/Pages/calendar.aspx

http://www.dallasconventioncenter.com/calendar/calendar.aspx#62009

Plano vs Dallas Oath

Dear All
When i had my info pass early this month i inquired about my oath location and the very friendly lady explained:
1- No name change - all oath are now in the new Irving building
2- With a name change: (Court/Judge required) two options:
2.a) Eastern Court (Plano) Judge accepts to Irving Location - then the oath will be at the Irving Location (my case - my oath location will be at the new Irving building)
2.b) Eastern Court (Plano) Judge does not accept to come to Irving, then the oath has to be scheduled at the applicable court location/date available.
Hope this helps
Regards
m

Both Dallas and Plano convention centers don't have any naturalization ceremonies scheduled in the next few months. I am guessing, the new DO location is the one that will be doing all the oaths. Any recent oaths outside of the new location in Irving?

Finally all done.....

I had been a member of this forum for a long time but had not been active since I got my GC. Just wanted to share my dates for citizenship process, just in case that help others. The following is same for both me and my spouse.

01/31/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
02/02/09 : Received Date
02/02/09 : Priority Date
02/04/09 : Notice Date
02/10/09 : NOA Received
02/13/09 : FP Notice Date
02/16/09 : FP Notice Received
02/28/09 : FP Done
03/24/09 : Interview Letter
05/04/09 : Interview Date
05/04/09 : Interview and Oath Done and Citizenship certificate received.

The person who interviewed me initially was kind of cold, but very professional and straight forward. First I was asked me all the generic questions that they ask everyone. These questions are from the N-400 application itself, like have you ever claimed to be US citizen before, have you ever been a member of a terrorist organization etc. So I guess it is important that you say the same thing you put in your application, unless something changed between the time you applied and the time you interview.

After those and personal information like name, birth date SSN etc., then I had the test.
Basically the officer asked the questions and I had to just answer them and did not have to write them. I was only asked 6 questions since I answered them all correctly. I was worried about the questions with dates, but the officer did not ask any of those. Once all that was done, the officer asked me to read "Who can vote?" and then asked me to write "Citizens can vote". After that the officer said congratulations with a smile and said you are approved.

From what I understand, if your interview is done, by 11AM then they are likely to give you same day oath (if the oath is around 1:30PM). Reason is, they have to get the Certificate ready to give you after your oath. I believe some days they have it early like 11:30 AM.

It took about 10 minutes. Most of the points are same like what other person on the thread pointed out

All the questions are from the N-400 application itself,
for ex. did you file tax on-time any dues? No questions about traffic ticket (I don't have traffic violations also).

Then followed by civic test
I was only asked 6 questions since I answered them all correctly.
Next asked to read and write simple sentence.
After that the officer said you are approved.
My interview time was 11:45, so I was not lucky for same day oath. Good luck to all. Hope this info help others.

02/02/2009 N-400 mailed
02/04/2009 N-400 receipt date USPS tracking
02/06/2009 N-400 priority date
02/11/2008 Check cashed
02/13/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
03/03/09 : FP Done
03/20/09 : Interview Letter.
05/06/09 : Interview Date. Approved waiting for oath letter
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

I have a appointment at 10.40am tomorrow. Are they running late on their appointments usaually. I am worried about the oath cermony. What was your appointment time. How long did you have to wait.

thanks-
K

I had my interview/exam/oath today!

I had C. Garcia as my interviewer. She was very nice. I cracked a couple of jokes early on to act as an icebreaker and she was receptive. We went over my N400 form...it was a pretty simple process. I started getting nervous on the civics portion. When she finished the 6th question, she kept going. I thought I missed one. Then she asked another! I thought I missed two! But then she stopped and graded my answers. 100% right. :)

I stumbled on one part. She asked me to read a sentence that said, "Who was George Washington?" Upon seeing the sentence, I answered it instead of read it. LOL. She asked if I was reading the right line, and then it clicked. hehe. I read it properly and we continued to the writing portion and that was it.

My entire timeline (under 3 months, can you believe it?!?!):

02/10/09 Mailed N400 Application
02/11/09 N400 Delivered
02/11/09 Priority Date
02/11/09 Received Receipt Notice
02/13/09 Cashed Check
02/24/09 Fingerprint Notice Dated
03/02/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
03/11/09 Fingerprint Completed
04/06/09 Interview Notice Letter
05/08/09 Interview Date
05/08/09 Oath Letter Recieved
05/08/09 Oath Taking Ceremony

Seriously, 3 months!!! wow!

I had my interview/exam/oath today!

I had C. Garcia as my interviewer. She was very nice. I cracked a couple of jokes early on to act as an icebreaker and she was receptive. We went over my N400 form...it was a pretty simple process. I started getting nervous on the civics portion. When she finished the 6th question, she kept going. I thought I missed one. Then she asked another! I thought I missed two! But then she stopped and graded my answers. 100% right. :)

I stumbled on one part. She asked me to read a sentence that said, "Who was George Washington?" Upon seeing the sentence, I answered it instead of read it. LOL. She asked if I was reading the right line, and then it clicked. hehe. I read it properly and we continued to the writing portion and that was it.

My entire timeline (under 3 months, can you believe it?!?!):

Seriously, 3 months!!! wow!

Super and Congrats!!

What time was your interview?