Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

When USCIS finds resources to do so. Posting processing targets or updating cases on their website hasn't been priority lately.

Raleigh Durham DO.......opeing for public?

Does anybody has updated information for opening of Raleigh Durham District Office

I went to Charlotte ASC today for FP walk in since I couldn't attend my original scheduled FP date next Wednesday. Me and and wife got there by 12:30pm and were given appointment for 3:00pm. We went to have lunch, took a walk and went back to ASC at 2:50pm. We waited for about 10 min and they called my wife first. They had her do FP by ink 3 times since her FP couldn't scan by scanner. They called me after she was done and were able to scan my FP. We left ASC by 3:30pm. All went smooth..no complications..staff was friendly with my wife, but my staff person was average. Wait now starts for IL...

Last edited by a moderator:
No news on my IL yet. Whoever said "no news is good news" has not had any experience with this yet.

N400 Priority date: April 05, 2007
Last heard from the congressman's office: Everyting is OK only waiting for interview date.

I just saw that USCIS upgraded their web site. It seems that "processing timeframe" is March 24th now. It sounds different from "processing applications filed on or before......." statements they used to use.

Or is this my imagination?

I just saw that USCIS upgraded their web site. It seems that "processing timeframe" is March 24th now. It sounds different from "processing applications filed on or before......." statements they used to use.

Or is this my imagination?

No, not your imagination as they have changed how they report. Now all current applications (within the alloted time frame) will post the last date of the time frame. For example, the official time frame for N-400s is 7 months so all DOs that are current will have a June 19, 2007 date for Jan. 15. This is exactly 7 months. So in your DO's case, they aren't current or processing within the 7 month time frame - but they have technically completed all N-400 applications (that are eligible) up to March 24, 2007. By eligible I mean those applications that have passed all required checks (and are not stuck in name check).

This is what USCIS says about their dates:
The processing times shown below are for applications that have just been completed. If you have just filed your application, these timeframes may not reflect how long your application will take to be completed. We encourage you to check this page periodically before inquiring about your case. The processing times are updated monthly.

timeframe for fingerprinting letter

Hi all

We ( my spouse and myself) applied for N-400 in December 2007 and we got our I-797 receipt on January 12th 2008, but we still havent received any fingerprinting dates.

Does it take time to get that from the receipt date . Our priority date is December 26th 2007.

I also tried to check my status online as well as by calling the customer service number , but it said that it is not to be found. So does anyone know if there is a different number which I can call and talk to a live person.

My DO is charlotte, NC. Please any advice is helpful.

Hi all

We ( my spouse and myself) applied for N-400 in December 2007 and we got our I-797 receipt on January 12th 2008, but we still havent received any fingerprinting dates.

Does it take time to get that from the receipt date . Our priority date is December 26th 2007.

I also tried to check my status online as well as by calling the customer service number , but it said that it is not to be found. So does anyone know if there is a different number which I can call and talk to a live person.

My DO is charlotte, NC. Please any advice is helpful.

I received my FP notice 1 month after NOA, so you should expect your FP notice to arrive by mid-Februay. If you don't receive it by Feb 15, call USCIS customer service and ask for update on your case from immigration officer.

online link to check status

Thanks Bob for your reply

But is there any different number to call then the one that they give on the NOA , a number where I can talk to a live person and not the automated one

and also does anyone know the link where we can track our status cause when i entered my SSC # it says it is an invalid number and not 16 numbers.

Please help

When you call the USCIS number, select the options for "check on case status" and "don't have receipt number" since their online system hasn't been updated. That will get you to a live customer representative who can transfer you to an immigration officer.

the uscis updated the process time

the uscis finnally update their processing time.but Charlotte DO is only moves forward 2 week!!! They are processing March 24th at Charlotte.:mad::(

I wonder why they are so slow.. But I mostly wonder and will be wondering the rest of my life..DO THEY CARE ? Do they really care!!!!!!!

I wonder why they are so slow.. But I mostly wonder and will be wondering the rest of my life..DO THEY CARE ? Do they really care!!!!!!!

They do NOT care. I'm not saying this because I'm bitter at the USCIS, but because the applicants are identified by a number, and that's all we are to them. At the end of the day, the USCIS employees go home and concentrate on their own lives. They couldn't care less about someone from miles away, someone who's only known to them as the A#.

I am interested in hearing the stories of people who have been subjected to INS or USCIS error and because of that, suffered extremely. I see there are a lot here but I am interested in collecting the most extreme stories. If you have a story where your case was treated very unfairly and you had no fault in it, it was due to USCIS error and you had hardship due to that and even though you tried to fix the situation, you did not get much attention and you and your family suffered, please contact me. I am preparing a document to present to the higher authorities. I do think it is time for a change in USCIS system. I see a lot of things done in an inhumane manner. People are being stressed out and their families, children as well are suffering. It is time USCIS takes responsibility. It is no excuse on their part if they think they are dealing with foreigners or numbers assigned to to these people...Please folks, contact me with your story..It is time to make a noise...

Charlotte interview

n400 receipt 3/15/07
priority 3/15/07
notice 3/26/07
FP 04/13/2007
interview 1/24/08...12:40 pm....approved

Oath scheduled 1/31/08 1-3 pm

Interview- no problems,very pleasant, 15 minutes, random 10 questions, read a statement in english, wrote a statement in english, signed photo graphs (no initials please!),make sure all signatures are legible (not usual scribble please!), since filing updated n 400 with changes-travel, employment, and birth of daughter, mentioned speeding ticket (settled) IO was not interested in including this in paperwork.

If your married status has changed while a GC holder bring paperwork as you might be asked.

Some others showed up in ripped jeans and dung-ball boots. Unbleilevable!
Dress up, it wont kill you!

Hoped to have Oath on same day, but told unlikely because late in day interview. Was also told by IO that No Oaths on friday.

Watch out for numerous speed traps along South I40/85/77

if we move out of state - what happens

there is a possibility we may move out of state to west coast. Not 100% sure yet. What happens in this case with our citizenship process? we applied in Dec 2007 and received our NOA in Jan 2008.
Pl. advise

You need to let USCIS know your new address. Do not take my word for it but rumor says moving to a new address adds additional processing time. I was planning to buy another house and I changed my mind when I heard this because right now gettting my US citizenship is extremely important to me.

I got good news. I spoke with an Immigration Officer earlier today and he informed that my name check has been cleared! :) I could not be happier.