Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

Roadw, I am not sure when my name check was done. With my first application in 2006, it had cleared pretty fast. I had called this number at FBI to ask and they had told me on the phone right away. I had got the number from this forum. I am not sure FBI is still doing it though.

Everyone, my priority date is April 5th. I know I am waiting in interview line. Do you think I should hear something soon? When the system gets updated January 15th, will they start processing April? Apparently, they are doing March now.

Everyone, my priority date is April 5th. I know I am waiting in interview line. Do you think I should hear something soon? When the system gets updated January 15th, will they start processing April? Apparently, they are doing March now.

I thinks you will have IL soon if your name check is cleared.They will doing April this month.

My PD is around 15th July( I don't know the exactly date since I never received NOA) But my name check is completed 2 months ago.I don't know how long I need to wait for my IL. The charlotte DO is ready slow one.Only saw some people got IW with PD at Feb.:(

I would not be in a hurry for my citizenship if my husband's coming here was not dependent on it. This is very important to me at this point.
If you follow the processing time, they should come to July applicants in April if they speed up. Since it is election year also, they may do that.
Let's just pray!

I just got my FP notice in the mail today. It's scheduled for January 30th in Charlotte. I was hoping it would be at the new office in Raleigh, but I guess I'll have to make the drive to Charlotte instead. I'll have to reschedule it since my house closing is set for that same day (unless I can delay it 1 day).

fingerprinting in charlotte

My wife, had it on a wednesday, she went to the office on a saturday, the weekend before and told them, that she cannot get out of work on wednesday due to meetings, and they did it.
and also, i had a friend, who missed his on wednesday, he went there the following saturday, they did it without asking any qn's

The people at charlotte office are nice.
You may want to give it a try on the saturday before or after.

Goodlcuk with both fingerprinting and Houseclosing.

My wife, had it on a wednesday, she went to the office on a saturday, the weekend before and told them, that she cannot get out of work on wednesday due to meetings, and they did it.
and also, i had a friend, who missed his on wednesday, he went there the following saturday, they did it without asking any qn's

The people at charlotte office are nice.
You may want to give it a try on the saturday before or after.

Goodlcuk with both fingerprinting and Houseclosing.

Thanks. That's great info. Maybe I'll take a trip over there the Saturday before :).

Last edited by a moderator:
My check is cashed!!! :) Now i have a question. I see numbers on the back, what are those?

Those are the powerball winning numbers :D

just kidding..those numbers are check cashing reference number. It basically tells USCIS that your payment was received.

My heart is in my mouth waiting for my interview letter. No news yet...
This has been my sole support group. I thank you all very much..You will be one of the first to know when I get my IL.
PD: 4/5/07
IL: Any day-please please please!

My heart is in my mouth waiting for my interview letter. No news yet...
This has been my sole support group. I thank you all very much..You will be one of the first to know when I get my IL.
PD: 4/5/07
IL: Any day-please please please!

Have you called USCIS customer service lately to find out about your case? they should at least be able to transfer you to an IO to find out if an interview letter has been sent out.

Can someone tell me if it has been sent out? I did not know they could give specific info?

Yes, an IO (Immigration Officer) should be able to tell you if your IL letter was sent or not. Don't go by what the customer agent tells you because all they do is look at your case status online. Call USCIS and tell the customer service person that the last time you called for a status update they transfered you to an immigration as the online status had minimal information.

The customer service person was nice but did not tell me beyond what I already know. I guess I need to be more assertive asking for an IO.

Yes,the immigration officer at customer service center hardly gives more status information.I think infopass is a good way to now the case status.

Anybody knows what time exactly the raleigh DO will open? March 1th? I guess after Raleigh DO open,both Charlotte and Raleigh waiting time will shorten to 7 months just like other DO :eek:

Well i remember reading somewhere that the number on the back of the check is the number i can track my case online. is that right? i am just happy today :)

Yes,the immigration officer at customer service center hardly gives more status information.I think infopass is a good way to now the case status.

Anybody knows what time exactly the raleigh DO will open? March 1th? I guess after Raleigh DO open,both Charlotte and Raleigh waiting time will shorten to 7 months just like other DO :eek:

Customer service and immigration officer are two separate things. The first person you talk to when you call USCIS is a customer service person who basically looks at your case status on website. If you're lucky enough to be transfered, you'll get an immigration officer who has more access about your case and can tell you specifics of your case (ie:if FP or IV letter was sent).

As for the Raleigh office opening, I haven't heard any specific date. I would hope that applications in Charlotte get sent to Raleigh for interview to alleviate processing, but who knows what logic USCIS will use.

http://price.house.gov/list/press/nc04_price/060407.shtml

Well i remember reading somewhere that the number on the back of the check is the number i can track my case online. is that right? i am just happy today :)

The number on back is check cashing number and is different from actual case number. You won't be able to do much with cash checking number. You should expect your FP within 30-45 days (if not sooner) and can call USCIS for a case status update if you don't hear anything from them by then.