Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

qsheba

Registered Users (C)
This is a case of my wife
Applied- March/04
Finger print- Sep/04
have not heard after that. any one with good news!

My wife had her interview at Charlotte yesterday. the appt was for 12.40 pm. she was called at around 1.15pm. the interview lasted for about 30min. overall the interview was verygood. she was asked 7 questions, all from the 100 questions. additionally, she was asked to write a smimple sentence and to read a simple sentence too. additionally, she was asked if she had any traffic sitations, which she had a speeding ticket. she said yes and told him that she has paid it on time. he never asked for proof. he also asked her if she had been in prison. she has never been. she had travelled once to canada. he has asked of all her travels. at the end he gave her the paper marking on the spot where it says "congratulations, you have case has been approved". there was no same day oath ceromony (herd that they have same day on some days). they gave her appt for October the 11th to come and have the oath ceromony. everything went well. we had to wait for almost two hrs to get the exact oath ceromony date. that was the only negative part of the experiance. :)

Congratulations!
May I ask, which city do you live in?
Coz I live in Raleigh and had my interview on 19 of this month and had been told that I'll recieve the oath letter in mail(as supervisor was unavailable to approve the case) for Nov 4th in Raleigh(which i yet to recieve). So just wondering why didn't they put me up for this Oct one?
Thanks
qsheba said:
My wife had her interview at Charlotte yesterday. the appt was for 12.40 pm. she was called at around 1.15pm. the interview lasted for about 30min. overall the interview was verygood. she was asked 7 questions, all from the 100 questions. additionally, she was asked to write a smimple sentence and to read a simple sentence too. additionally, she was asked if she had any traffic sitations, which she had a speeding ticket. she said yes and told him that she has paid it on time. he never asked for proof. he also asked her if she had been in prison. she has never been. she had travelled once to canada. he has asked of all her travels. at the end he gave her the paper marking on the spot where it says "congratulations, you have case has been approved". there was no same day oath ceromony (herd that they have same day on some days). they gave her appt for October the 11th to come and have the oath ceromony. everything went well. we had to wait for almost two hrs to get the exact oath ceromony date. that was the only negative part of the experiance. :)

we were lucky that the person who reviews and gives you the appt date was there. though he was very late and slow he did give us the appt date. almost every one who was there (close to 25 individuals) were all given october appt. I was upset because he was so slow but looking at your case I guess I should not complain. we are from Greenville.

Thank you all for keeping the Charlotte thread going.

Whats the latest date (most recent) for a person to get interviewed at Charlotte? Does anyone know when I could get interviewed? My PD was Oct 30 2004, FP Jan 2005.

A/c to my calculations you should recieve the interview letter soon for the interview date of Dec.
They usually send the interview letter two months in advance.

Mandazi said:
Thank you all for keeping the Charlotte thread going.

Whats the latest date (most recent) for a person to get interviewed at Charlotte? Does anyone know when I could get interviewed? My PD was Oct 30 2004, FP Jan 2005.

I wish you are right. Whats the most PD date that has been interviewed for N-400 in Charlotte, NC?

By the way IPeverywhere, how did you calculate those timelines?

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally recieved my oath letter for NOv 4th

Here are my timeline again

PD: 7-30-2004
FP: 3rd week of Sept 2004
ID: 9-19-2005 (interview letter recieved on 7-11-05)
Oath:11-4-05(letter recived on 10-11-05)

Thanks everyone

Mandazi said:

Hi Ip everywhere,
Lucky fella. Thanks for posting.

I have an end of October PD, this month is 12 months since I sent in my N-400, I hope to hear something soon. Am almost 3 months exactly from your PD so when I estimate, it seems I should get a letter by the end of this month, giving me an interview date for either November or December. Is that accurate?

By the way, does the interview letter tell what to bring to the N-400 interview?

my wife had her oath on October the 11th. everything went well. it was close to an hour ceromony. at the end they gave her certificate of naturalization! it feels good.
good luck guys.

Today's one year anniversary for N-400 filing. Not received interview notice yet. Not sure if theres a problem.

I just spoke with my next door neighbour. She sent her application to Charlotte in August of 2004 and went to her oath last Friday. Hope this helps. Charlotte has been very consistent at processing n-400 applications within 14-15 months.

She sent it in August (not sure when) and went to the interview about a week before the oath (two weeks ago). The difference between sending the app and the PD is usually just a few days anyway so I didn't bother asking for the PD.

Exactly One Year To The Day, I just received My Interview Letter For N-400 Interview At Charlotte.

My interview date is 12/13/05. Now starting to get ready for that.

They say it takes 2 hours!!! Looks like they will undress me and do a cavity search.

Sorry to dig up an old thread on this topic, but I just found this site and was catching up on old threads. I also live in Raleigh and have my interview scheduled for Jan 31, 2006. I noticed in the post below that they mention an oath cerimony taking place in Raleigh. I had been assuming I would have to go back down to Charlotte for the oath cerimony if one was not offered in Charlotte on the same day as the interview (assuming I pass of course!). If there are cerimonies here in Raleigh how often do they occur? I would certainly prefer a Raleigh cerimony to one in Charlotte if possible unless I can do the cerimony in Charlotte on the same day (does this happen?).

Thanks,
Brian

ip_everywhere said:
Congratulations!
May I ask, which city do you live in?
Coz I live in Raleigh and had my interview on 19 of this month and had been told that I'll recieve the oath letter in mail(as supervisor was unavailable to approve the case) for Nov 4th in Raleigh(which i yet to recieve). So just wondering why didn't they put me up for this Oct one?
Thanks