Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

The IO said I shoud sign in the same way I did it on the n-400 which is my normal sig (The same way I do it on checks, DL etc). In your words, it was illegible+shortened name. That is how it is in every document of my life so far.

If not instructed at the oath ceremony to do in a specific way, I intend to do it the same way so that it atleast would be consistent throughout.

Oath Done

I had my oath today.....I guess I too can say that as of now I am a "proud" US citizen:p
Jokes aside....all I am gonna say from now on is "God Bless America" because I officially am a US citizen from noon today :). Even OB confirmed it in the video that they played.

One thing is during the ceremony the USCIS lady instructed folks to go through the natz cert. and sign it if everything looks ok.
There were few people next to me who didn't sign it there. Does it matter when/where it is signed as long as it is signed?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Did my walk in FP same day we received the FP letter.. no problem what so ever in Charlotte ASC. See my Signature.

hi glrao:

on an another thread i was asking this question and saw your response on this thread. Can we do walkin and give FP prior the original FP notice date? is it by InfoPass or other means? thanks.

hi glrao:

on an another thread i was asking this question and saw your response on this thread. Can we do walkin and give FP prior the original FP notice date? is it by InfoPass or other means? thanks.

No appt required. I suggest you avoid wednesday as its makeup day.. and try anytime after 2PM.. We just drove by no questions asked. good luck

Timelines

Here are my timelines
DO: Charlotte, NC.
12/22/09 - Application Mailed to TX
12/29/09 - Application Received
12/29/09 - PD
01/08/10 - NOA received
01/14/10 - FP notice received
01/27/10 - FP date
01/22/10 - FP taken (walk-in)
IL: 02/04/2010
YL: 02/15/2010
ID: 03/11/2010
OL: 03/11/2010 - Given immediately after the interview ;)
OD: 03/24/2010 - Done.:)

Here are my timelines
DO: Charlotte, NC.
12/22/09 - Application Mailed to TX
12/29/09 - Application Received
12/29/09 - PD
01/08/10 - NOA received
01/14/10 - FP notice received
01/27/10 - FP date
01/22/10 - FP taken (walk-in)
IL: 02/04/2010
YL: 02/15/2010
ID: 03/11/2010
OL: 03/11/2010 - Given immediately after the interview ;)
OD: 03/24/2010 - Done.:)

Congrates!

I noticed a pattern showing that after FP exactly 5 weeks you get IL for charlotte DO.

But for me its close to 8 weeks and IL not recieved..

Any ideas..

oath letter and oath day

Case transferred to local office today.

Can someone let me know if Charlotte office handovers oath letter on the interview pass date or we need to wait for the letter and then oath date?
Also what is the timeline between interview pass date and oath? Is there a possibility of same day oath?

Can we get passport from local passport agencies expedited by waliking in?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: