Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

O' oath letter where art thou!

forget dec 17 ... if i dont get it this week, i probably wont make the jan 6th date either !

Has everyone who interviewed in December 2009 in Charlotte but did not meet the 5 year requirement during their interview got their oath letter yet?

Thanks!

Has everyone who interviewed in December 2009 in Charlotte but did not meet the 5 year requirement during their interview got their oath letter yet?

Thanks!

We had our interviews on Dec14th & 17th. Still waiting for the OL.

When did you have your interview?

Thanks,
speedy1027

Thanks!

ncgirl2010 ... I have'nt got it yet. I interviewd on Dec 3rd. I took an infopass on Jan 4th and was told that it was only approved on Dec 29th and to give it a few more days ... I will give it 3 more weeks from Dec 29th and then take another Infopass.

ncgirl2010 ... I have'nt got it yet. I interviewd on Dec 3rd. I took an infopass on Jan 4th and was told that it was only approved on Dec 29th and to give it a few more days ... I will give it 3 more weeks from Dec 29th and then take another Infopass.
Thanks nc2004gc!

Hi nc2004gc,

I was wondering have you received your oath letter yet?

Thanks,

ncgirl2010

We had our interviews on Dec14th & 17th. Still waiting for the OL.

When did you have your interview?

Thanks,
speedy1027

Hi Speedy1027:
If Your wife has not gotten her Oath letter, here is what I think you can do (THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION.........BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE / HISTORY).
You may visit CHARLOTTE DO one of these days (without prior appointment) and seek an appointment there MENTIONING THE FACTS.
They may probably give the Oath letter to you.
This happened to one other friend of mine last week.
My friend got his Oath letter.... but his daughter (a major) did not get ..... for some reason.... through she successfully attended the interview already.
He brought this to their attention and they immediately gave the Oath letter on the spot.......of course for the same day scheduled for her dad.
AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY SUGGESTION.
I, feel, if you live in Charlotte, THIS SHOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL TO JUST STOP BY AND GIVE IT A SHOT..

Good luck for early completion of this process.

Gee24

Hi Speedy1027:
If Your wife has not gotten her Oath letter, here is what I think you can do (THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION.........BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE / HISTORY).
You may visit CHARLOTTE DO one of these days (without prior appointment) and seek an appointment there MENTIONING THE FACTS.
They may probably give the Oath letter to you.
This happened to one other friend of mine last week.
My friend got his Oath letter.... but his daughter (a major) did not get ..... for some reason.... through she successfully attended the interview already.
He brought this to their attention and they immediately gave the Oath letter on the spot.......of course for the same day scheduled for her dad.
AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY SUGGESTION.
I, feel, if you live in Charlotte, THIS SHOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL TO JUST STOP BY AND GIVE IT A SHOT..

Good luck for early completion of this process.

Gee24

Hey Thanks for the suggestion dude! My wife hasn't gotten the OL yet.
Yesterday I sent a letter to the local congressman's office requesting help in this issue. Also, my wife has an infopass today at 2pm to find out the status of the OL. Hopefully one of those efforts will result in a +ve outcome.

In the hindsight, I should've waited like may be 75 days instead of 85 days before my gc anniv. to send in my n-400. Its just like the mortgage crisis....you abide by all the laws, pay properly and you get treated like s**t. Instead you just walk out and cry and whine.....and voila! you get reductions on your payments and the whole Washington comes down to rescue you. Moral of the story: The more you whine and b**ch more help you get:)

I guess beggars (for naturalization like me) can't demand. So....I guess, I will STFU until naturalization. Then I can happily begin b**ching and whining since I won't be a beggar no more :)
But once again appreciate your help.

Cheers,
speedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I sent a letter to the local congressman's office requesting help in this issue. Also, my wife has an infopass today at 2pm to find out the status of the OL. Hopefully one of those efforts will result in a +ve outcome.

Hey:

My response to your situation would be
Have some patience bud. We, in Charlotte, are better than those in Raleigh and several other places......it takes lot longer in other places.
Take this in right spirit. Every thing happens for some good reason.
Just fyi. A good example would be my case.
I have been here for 20 years now.
I did n't care for GC during the first 9 years (as I thought of going back after 6 year of H1).
Then I changed my mind (unable to adjust to certain things back home).
Then I went through the whole process... with enough delays....blah ....blah... .
The lesson I derived was "JUST DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.... AND LET THINGS TAKE THEIR OWN COURSE / SPEED".
Just my thoughts.... sharing with U...
Good Luck...you are almost there bud.
Gee24

Hey:

My response to your situation would be
Have some patience bud. We, in Charlotte, are better than those in Raleigh and several other places......it takes lot longer in other places.
Take this in right spirit. Every thing happens for some good reason.
Just fyi. A good example would be my case.
I have been here for 20 years now.
I did n't care for GC during the first 9 years (as I thought of going back after 6 year of H1).
Then I changed my mind (unable to adjust to certain things back home).
Then I went through the whole process... with enough delays....blah ....blah... .
The lesson I derived was "JUST DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.... AND LET THINGS TAKE THEIR OWN COURSE / SPEED".
Just my thoughts.... sharing with U...
Good Luck...you are almost there bud.
Gee24

One thing I can say for that sure reading your post is that you have seen lot more of life than I have. I appreciate your wise suggestion. Having said that....For the benefit of others who are waiting for their OL's to take their oath at the Charlotte DO:

My wife went for her infopass today to find out the status of her OL. It seems she was told that all the slots for
Feb17th have been filled up at the Charlotte DO. The next available oath day seems to be sometime in the 2nd or 3rd
week of March'10. The rep/officer whom she talked to would not reveal/commit to the exact date of the next availabe oath date.

According to the rep/IO whom she met today, the reason why I got my OL and she did not is that the IO who interviewed
me approved my case the same day as my interview. While in her case, the IO did not approve her's the same day
i.e., updated her case as "no decision can be made" rather, which put her case back in the "queue". Subsequently, it has been
approved (don't know when)...and she should be in the list of folks who get their oath in the 2nd/3rd week of March'10.
If she doesn't get the OL even by the 4th week of March, then she needs to go back to find out WTF is going on.

Well atleast the information she was able to gleen off today is much better than the usual load of BS that we
see in the online status. So, if you are one of the folks who is still waiting for your oath at Charlotte DO, then
chances are yours would be sometime in late March too. I wish you happy waiting;)

Cheers,
speedy

Friends -

Mailed my application today. will keep you posted.

Has anyone walked in for FP to charlotte office ?

Friends -

Mailed my application today. will keep you posted.

Has anyone walked in for FP to charlotte office ?

I walked in on a Saturday about a week before my scheduled appointment couldn't hold. I arrived at around 11:00am and they told me to come back after 3:00pm.

I walked in on a Saturday about a week before my scheduled appointment couldn't hold. I arrived at around 11:00am and they told me to come back after 3:00pm.

WOW...........you needed 15 WHOLE MONTHS TIME to get N-400 process DONE.......that is some thing compared to the current processing time...huh...mmm.

Gee24

finally got the ol for my wife today. Her oath is scheduled to be on mar03.

Thanks,
speedy

THERE YOU GO....... GOOD .............AND YOU GOT THIS ON VALENTINES DAY .........BUD...

ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL.

GOOD LUCK FOR O C I PROCESSING AS WELL.

Gee24

Finally got the OL for my wife today. Her oath is scheduled to be on Mar03.

Thanks,
Speedy

Good Deal. Question for you ... How did the IO make you sign the photographs ? Print, Cursive or normal signature ? And how do you intend to sign the Naturalization certificate ? When the IO asked me to sign, I asked if it has to be cursive and he said your normal signature and pointed to my drivers license which had my usual signature (illegible + shortened name). And I guess the signature on the Natz Cert has to match the photo