Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

I know three people who recently had an interview in Charlotte (all from Raleigh).
They all had to go back to Charlotte within 10-14 days for their oath.

I don’t think they give oaths in Raleigh or same day oaths in Charlotte anymore. and even if they did you’d probably have to wait longer to get one in Raleigh. Why risk it?

It’s much better to drive one more time to Charlotte then take a risk and wait for a Raleigh oath (even if there was one). If you wait long between the interview and oath and something happened (even a speeding ticket) you need to report it etc...

brian0 said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread on this topic, but I just found this site and was catching up on old threads. I also live in Raleigh and have my interview scheduled for Jan 31, 2006. I noticed in the post below that they mention an oath cerimony taking place in Raleigh. I had been assuming I would have to go back down to Charlotte for the oath cerimony if one was not offered in Charlotte on the same day as the interview (assuming I pass of course!). If there are cerimonies here in Raleigh how often do they occur? I would certainly prefer a Raleigh cerimony to one in Charlotte if possible unless I can do the cerimony in Charlotte on the same day (does this happen?).

Thanks,
Brian

I have heard they only offer ceremonies in Raleigh twice a yr, and that also have a v. long waiting list.
I had my interview on Sept 19th and had a oath in Raleigh on Nov 4th. So it took me almost 6 weeks for my oath, had it been in Charlotte I'd be done in a week or two max. BTW they don't offer same day ceremonies anymore.
Although I didn't ask for my ceremony to be in Raleigh infact I asked her to put me down for the earliest one but the officer said that she is scheduling me for the Raleigh one.
Hope this info. helps.

Going to Charlotte is better than waiting 6 weeks just for the oath. Especially if you need to travel outside the country. Would they stamp one's passport?

I would rather get oath ASAP.

The reason I asked this is that I am planning a trip to Australia for the first 2 weeks of February. That's OK with the interview timing, but I was hoping to get the oath done before leaving for Australia. I need to be in Australia before Feb 16th, so I can't delay that too much, so if they don't do same day oath cerimonies anymore then I will have to just wait and do the oath after my trip to Australia.

Thanks,
Brian

Mandazi said:
Going to Charlotte is better than waiting 6 weeks just for the oath. Especially if you need to travel outside the country. Would they stamp one's passport?

I would rather get oath ASAP.

it depends

Brian,
It really depends on how lucky you are, but am very doubtful about the same day oath thing unless you are VERY VERY lucky.

How long do you plan to stay in Australia? I doubt you have control over the oath date as well:they may give you a date that you have planned to be outside the US!

I wish you all the best though, but if possible, can you put off travel outside the country until after the oath?

N-400 processing jumps in Charlotte

I noticed that in November 2005 Charlotte reported that is was processing N-400 applications filed in Deptember 2004. On December 16, 2005 they updated that to show that they are processing applications filed in November 2005. How is that possible that in one month they processed more than a year worth of applications?

My N-400 was filed in Charlotte on August 1, 2005, so according to the December update it shouod have been processed but I have not received anything. I called the INS 1-800 number but they did not have any info on my case.

Should I schedule an InfoPass appointment? Would that help?

You advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Natasha :confused:

I doubt they were processing Nov 2005 in December 2005. This would mean it takes Charlotte a month to process n-400s including the fingerprints. I think they wanted to say Nov 2004. However, they are faster then that.

My PD is Apr 5 2005 and I got my interview letter last week for an interview in the beginning of Feb.
So Charlotte is getting better and is processing applications within 10 months. You should expect to be interviewed on or before June.

Inerview letter received in Charlotte

My husband just received a letter inviting him to his citizenship interview.

Here are the details:

N-400 filed August 1, 2005
FP -- September 15, 2005
Interview -- April 4, 2006

We both filed our N-400 together on the same day but I still do not have my interview letter........

Natasha

Waiting for Interview Date

Looking at the various postings I am worried abt my interview date.

DO-Charlotte
PD - 07/15/2005
FD Apt -09/02/2005
Interview Date ????

When I checked the status of my N-400 application with USCIS customer service on 01/24/2006 they sent me a letter finally on 03/02/2006 from DO Charlotte stating that my application is waiting for interview date and contact them if I donot receive the interview date in the next 6 months.

Anyone pls advice !!!!

Charlotte interview letter received

Charlotte seems to moving quickly. Received my interview letter for Apr 7 2006. Filed N400 in Nov 2005.

Wow, that is quick for a Nov 11th PD! I just did my oath at the beginning of March, and that was after a 7 month wait between fingerprinting and interview. There must either be more people working the Charlotte applications of less people applying. Good luck with the interview!

Cheers,
Brian (now a dual Canadian/US citizen!)

Charlotten400 said:
Charlotte seems to moving quickly. Received my interview letter for Apr 7 2006. Filed N400 in Nov 2005.

DO-Charlotte
PD - 12/29/2005
FD Apt -03/08/2006
Interview Date : Waiting ... Looks like some one's nov pd got an interview for april, so may be I should expect this in may/june

Charlotten400 said:

thats quick.. keep us posted on how it went..

Interview

My Interview went well. I had to wait about 30 min. Officer called and took me to her office. She asked for PassPort, GC and DL. She asked 10 questions from the sample 100. Officer went through the whole application making changes as needed (trip after filing and disposition of pending traffic ticket). Asked to write one simple sentence and read one from a paper she had.

Actual interveiw process took about 20-25 min.
I requested to delay my oath as I plan to travel soon and did not want to wait for PassPort which she accepted.

My wife was interviewd by the same officer before me.

Hope this info helps.

Charlotten400 said:
My Interview went well. I had to wait about 30 min. Officer called and took me to her office. She asked for PassPort, GC and DL. She asked 10 questions from the sample 100. Officer went through the whole application making changes as needed (trip after filing and disposition of pending traffic ticket). Asked to write one simple sentence and read one from a paper she had.

Thanks for the info.. Can you expand a little more on the traffic ticket ?

traffic ticket

When I filed n400 I had one traffic ticket that I was contesting and I had maked as 'disposition pending'. During interview I gave the court certified copy of disposition and receipt of fee payment. She was ok with this info.

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know that Charlotte is definitely moving very quickly on N-400 applications. I was overwhelmed on Friday when my husband received a citizenship interview invitation, and his timeline is this:

Priority Date: December 27, 2005
Fingerprinting: March 2, 2006
Interview: May 15, 2006

This was beyond any expectations, and we are very, very happy about it! It has been only four and a half months.

So, for everybody out there to whom these dates are as important as they are to us, here are the good news.

Best of luck to everyone, Jelena

N400 timeline

Anybody else with any recent datapoints on N400 timeline in Charlotte. When I check the standard processing time on the website, it still shows processing March 2005.
Are these recent posts of expedited times just plain luck or is it a trend.
I applied on March 1st 2006, got fingerprinted March end.

Oath ceremony

Do they do oath ceremony on the same day of interview in Charlotte? I have an early morning interview.
Time line for N-400:
PD 1/17/06
FP 3/21/06
IV May,06

From my experience the answer is no. The Oath is typically about a week after the interview, but you should be able to request a date if you have conflicts. I delayed mine for about a month due to a planned trip out of the country. YOu should get your Oath letter presented to you on the day of the interview if there are no issues with the interview or background check, etc.

Cheers,
Brian

NC2006 said:
Do they do oath ceremony on the same day of interview in Charlotte? I have an early morning interview.
Time line for N-400:
PD 1/17/06
FP 3/21/06
IV May,06