Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

Two of my friends were told this by INS. They said name checking backlogs are taking 6-8months to come by, plus additional processing will take 9-10 months. Add 4 months to that because of TSC receipting and we are looking at 14 months time frame.

I wonder if any of the applications for Raleigh area residents originally sent to Charlotte will be transfered to the new Durham office once it opens in March 2008.

FPs done in Charlotte!

We (my wife and I) had our FPs done in Charlotte yesterday. Not a bad experience at all -- office was fairly empty and staff were pleasant -- we were done within 45 minutes. :)

This contrasts quite markedly with other experiences I've had in the past. FPs for GC were taken in Indianapolis -- the room was crowded and the bloke who took my FPs was not at all pleasant. Worst was the San Diego DO, where we had to get our passports stamped after GC approval. The queue snaked around a couple of blocks, and we had to shuffle along for 3 hours before we even got in the door! On top of that, the staff were positively surly.

Drove past the new Durham DO a few days ago and it's coming along nicely! The address (201 Roycroft Drive) is too new for Google Maps, but it's behind Rudino's Pizza in the RTP. To get there, take Exit 281 south off the I40, and then take the first left into Central Park Drive.

Now to see how much shorter the IL will take than the 730 days quoted! :confused:

We (my wife and I) had our FPs done in Charlotte yesterday. Not a bad experience at all -- office was fairly empty and staff were pleasant -- we were done within 45 minutes. :)

This contrasts quite markedly with other experiences I've had in the past. FPs for GC were taken in Indianapolis -- the room was crowded and the bloke who took my FPs was not at all pleasant. Worst was the San Diego DO, where we had to get our passports stamped after GC approval. The queue snaked around a couple of blocks, and we had to shuffle along for 3 hours before we even got in the door! On top of that, the staff were positively surly.

Drove past the new Durham DO a few days ago and it's coming along nicely! The address (201 Roycroft Drive) is too new for Google Maps, but it's behind Rudino's Pizza in the RTP. To get there, take Exit 281 south off the I40, and then take the first left into Central Park Drive.

Now to see how much shorter the IL will take than the 730 days quoted! :confused:
Great report.thanks for sharing....I still don't know why USCIS requires applicants to drive all the way to Charlotte just to get your FP done since there are plenty of centers in Raleigh and Durham able to handle FP taking.

I agree! I have to drive almost 7 hours(including pit stops lol) and stay overnight, and drive another 7 hours back home next day. I live in Jacksonville. I wish i could get it done in Raleigh.

Bob, what is your magic spin telling you about my case? Do you think i will get my citizenship before september 2008? :)

Bob, what is your magic spin telling you about my case? Do you think i will get my citizenship before september 2008? :)

Have you sent in your application yet? The DO in Durham opens in March 08, so that will cut your travel time considerably. Hopefully it does the same for processing time.

TSC - USCIS Appl & Receipt Update

All N-400 hopefuls from NC:

The USCIS Application & Receipt update (updated every Friday) today shows that TSC is now looking at (opening envelopes, data entry, cashing checks) applications received on or before 9/29/07. Till last Friday (12/14/07) this date was 7/31/07. The dates moved 2 months in one week. This is a MAJOR improvement. :)

N-400 Appl. mailed: 9/13/07
Recd. by TSC: 9/14/07
Checks cashed: 12/19/07

Yet to receive PD & FP date..... but should be soon....

Happy Holidays and New Year to all
Cheers!

Bob, I am sending it out on the 3rd of January and hoping to become a US citizen before my 27th b-day which is in September. (The job i want to go for requires US citizenship and i am age critical)

Good luck everyone.

Merry Christmas :)

Bob, I am sending it out on the 3rd of January and hoping to become a US citizen before my 27th b-day which is in September. (The job i want to go for requires US citizenship and i am age critical)

Good luck everyone.

Merry Christmas :)

Seeing that USCIS reported up to 16-18 months processing, I wouldn't count on 9 month processing.

I think they reported that amount of time just to get rid of the law suits. I really do not see any logic behing that time frame. Even so, It looks like it picked up some speed so i am crossing my fingers :)

I think they reported that amount of time just to get rid of the law suits. I really do not see any logic behing that time frame. Even so, It looks like it picked up some speed so i am crossing my fingers :)

If you are referring to the recent activity of TSC receipting times, just remember that this is only the first step of the entire process so receipting times alone are a bad indication of how long the entire process will take.

Bob, i am just feeling it. I know, i will have it by the end of 2008. And i have an odd feeling that you will have yours by July. my .02 :)

N400 RD: April 5th, 2007

Still waiting on my interview letter. I already applied for I130 for my husband. Once I become a citizen, it will be upgraded. Anyone knows if this saves time in getting his application approved? Any experience? The lawyers and USCIS think so but I like to hear stories, if any?

N400 RD: April 5th, 2007

Still waiting on my interview letter. I already applied for I130 for my husband. Once I become a citizen, it will be upgraded. Anyone knows if this saves time in getting his application approved? Any experience? The lawyers and USCIS think so but I like to hear stories, if any?

Charlotte is currently updated with processing until March 8. I think you should see interview letter within the next 2 months. Hang in there.

Friends,

I just received my NOA, I am in charlotte..

Appl sent...........09/07/07
Check cashed.....12/18/07
NOA..................12/31/07

BTW, hello BERRINASAVRIN,

U applied I130 to ur husband..so, after sent it out just need to wait upto u become citizen? or we gonna get that I130 approval stage at the middle somewhere? Thanx..

All,

I have a question. I just put my application together and placed the whole thing into a small binder. I, of course seperated each document neatly and also wrote a cover letter.
How did you do yours? Is mine okay?

Thanks a bunch.

All,

I have a question. I just put my application together and placed the whole thing into a small binder. I, of course seperated each document neatly and also wrote a cover letter.
How did you do yours? Is mine okay?

Thanks a bunch.

I kept it simple>> Filled out application, included pictures, check, and sent it in plain envelope via certified mail.