Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

I wonder if any of the applications for Raleigh area residents originally sent to Charlotte will be transfered to the new Durham office once it opens in March 2008.

I wonder if any of the applications for Raleigh area residents originally sent to Charlotte will be transfered to the new Durham office once it opens in March 2008.

That would be nice. I wonder how processing times would compare between Charlotte and Durham DO once the new DO opens.

In a way, it is scary to think about making USCIS any change including opening a new DO office. I hope no files gets lost on the way there from Charlotte-lol.=

In a way, it is scary to think about making USCIS any change including opening a new DO office. I hope no files gets lost on the way there from Charlotte-lol.=

Yes, very true. I've read some horror stories about USCIS loosing files or delaying applications during moves between DOs.

I just called USCIS and spoke to an IO about my case.I told them my case number doesn't show up online, and she told me nobody's case number shows up online now. They told me that application is waiting for FP to be set up and that I should expect to receive FP notice within 30 days. So basically the same thing they told me 3 weeks ago, and exactly what I expected them to answer since even IOs can't predict when FP will be set up. All they can say is if FP has been setup, but can't tell you when it will happen. My guess is that FP notices for TSC filers after July 27 are now taking 30-90 days to receive after NOA. The wait continues....

I just found out today that my husband's I130 application may be taking longer even after I become a citizen due to USCIS's slowing down in the past few months. I wonder when I ever will be able to hear any good news, one day, just one day someone saying something good. It is always negative. It took me 2 applications to get my green card, thanks to INS' fault, now 2 applications to get my US citizenship, partially USCIS's fault. Now my musband who knows when he will be here. I called the 2 congressmen's offices today. I do not think I am getting much sypmathy. I feel like a whiner when I complain but I wonder those law makers ...if they were separated from their families, how would they take it? So here I go...ANYONE anyone who is a permanent resident and can not unite with their families, please send me an email! I will set up my own support group and see where it will take me! I am ready to do something about this!

Berrin, Please check this out

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The criteria are as follows:

Extreme emergent situation
USCIS error

If your case is at a local office at the time you need to make your emergency request, please go to the local office in person to make your request. Please be sure to take all supporting documentation with you.

If your case is at one of our Service Centers or the National Benefits Center, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to receive further instructions on where and how to send your request.

Thanks Gatedgal,
Last year, when I was denied citizenship at the interview (due to being a widow), I was told by the officer to submit another application based on 5 year residency this time with a cover letter explaining the situation to expedite it. So you think making a trip there in person with INFO PASS would help? Would it also help with my husband's I130 application? I have medical problems and I can get reports from my doctors. Would that help especially with his visa since his will take a lot longer than my citizenship? My interview should be coming soon-I hope and PRAY!

i think it would be helpful to talk to people in person and get answers to your questions. If it really is their error they have to expedite your case. Please dont give up.

I was just thinking.. I wrote a check for $ 675. I think some people wrote two seperate checks for bio and application. How did you do yours? I am being paranoid.

I sent one check with application. I would think it should be OK but you can call and ask. Just do not be surprised if you do not get a clear answer.
Thanks for your support. Accoring to the processing times, I should hear something for the interview soon. If I get through that, I wonder if getting an INFO PASS would help expediting my husband's I130.

How long take from name check complete to Interview ??

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how long will take form the name check complete to interview at Charlotte DO. It seems Charlotte is a slow DO with 9 months total process time when others are 7 months.

My priority date is April 5th. I was called for FP in May. Congreassman's office is doing status check on mine. I was told I am in the interview line. It has been 9 months.

My priority date is April 5th. I was called for FP in May. Congreassman's office is doing status check on mine. I was told I am in the interview line. It has been 9 months.

Thanks for your post Berrinaksacrin!! You mean 9 months is from the PD to now right. Can you share what time your name check is finished ? 3 month or 4 month ago?

I'am anxious to see how processing times will be at new Raleigh DO when it opens in March and if cases will be transfered there from Charlotte.

dang, charlotte is slow !!

Reading at mutiple forums, it looks charlotte is the only DO in the TSC, that is slow, all the other DO's are showing may17'th or later for N400.

charlotte is still in march.