Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

GlenMD:

In my opinion if officer did not ask for w2 /tax returns etc you should not worry about that. They are happy with whatever information they have otherwise she wouldn't have said she is approving your case. So just ralax and enjoy.

You mean your wife's FP response was received 5-6 days earlier to yours, and that did matter so much!! Is it possible that her FP was not taken properly last time, and that is why they are repeating, just a thought!!

saurnav said:
GlenMD:

In my opinion if officer did not ask for w2 /tax returns etc you should not worry about that. They are happy with whatever information they have otherwise she wouldn't have said she is approving your case. So just ralax and enjoy.

===thanks a lot

You mean your wife's FP response was received 5-6 days earlier to yours, and that did matter so much!! Is it possible that her FP was not taken properly last time, and that is why they are repeating, just a thought!!

===I think that mattered a lot. Again i didnt ask IIO about this even though we had question. Still I didnt ask about this with her.

Also one more thing which I was surprised was She had already kept the finger printing notice Ready before the interview. So I am assuming that she had gone through the file earlier the interview.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
GlenMD

GlenMD,
Can you please tell me how one can inquire the FBI clearnce was sent to INS after FP. What is their email address and what information do you need to provide in the email to inquire FBI has sent the security clearance to INS. Will appreciate if you would please tell me what is the procedure involved. Thanks.

saurnav said:
GlenMD,
Can you please tell me how one can inquire the FBI clearnce was sent to INS after FP. What is their email address and what information do you need to provide in the email to inquire FBI has sent the security clearance to INS. Will appreciate if you would please tell me what is the procedure involved. Thanks.
== Especially if you refering to check about the clearance of FP from FBI, there is a telephone number(right now i dont know, but i will search and get that for you) you can call and tell the A #, they will tell whether they have sent the FP status to USCIS or not.Normally, if they take FP online then it will take couple of days. IF it is not online then it will be 5-7 days.

== If you are refering about the Name check. then you have sent the email or fax(i dont remember now, but i will try to get that for you) providing your A#. they will provide you in email about the status of Name check.

GlenMD,
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, since both are important and follows after the FP is taken, I will highly appreciate if you would please provide detailed info on both FP clearance and name check clearance inquiry (tel. #s and email etc). Please do that when it is convenient with you. Thanks.

glenmd said:
Hi All,

God is really great!!! The Interview went well.

Have you commited any crime?
Answer for all the above is NO.

Then she told that "I am recommending your application for approval". you should get the approval notice in a week or 2 weeks.

Then she went for my wife's file(it was very small file).

she asked for the marriage date and asked whether she was married earlier.

she checked for the marriage certificate and then she said that it is fine.

No documents were taken for her.only documents which took was expired EAD's, I-94...

CONGRATS!!! :):) GlenMD......
All is well that ends well.... Thanks for sharing the Great News. Very glad to hear that all your concerns about I-94, AC21, Traffic Violations :( and others were non-issues.

I too was wondering when the IIO did not collect some of the docs from me. But again as others mentioned they should know what they are looking for in this interview. Ideally speaking, if it were a straightforward case, they should not have transferred the case to the local office at all... :)
Once it is transferred they should plan on what needs to be verified when the beneficiary appears in person.
[If on top of all these, they still need more information..... GOD Help them :( ]

Going by the track record for Lulu001, EB2NIW, 485SomeDay, they are comfortable with what they decide on the interview date.....

Wishing you both a speedy approval....

Does anyone know if EB2NIW and 485Someday got their cards?

Good luck and God bless,
V!!

Last edited by a moderator:
saurnav said:
GlenMD,
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, since both are important and follows after the FP is taken, I will highly appreciate if you would please provide detailed info on both FP clearance and name check clearance inquiry (tel. #s and email etc). Please do that when it is convenient with you. Thanks.

===For name check....
Email; FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Here are the #'s. FBI has stopped talking telephone calls. They may be taking faxes
FAX NUMBER: (202) 324-3367
PHONE NUMBER: (202) 324-2399

=== for FP check.......
Ring 304-625 5590 and press # 3 and provide the A# they will tell u ->Finger Print Check status.

glenmd

GlenMD: Thanks for providing the info. for FP status check.

saurnav said:
GlenMD: Can you please tell me what are online and manual FPs. Thanks
online: when you do fingerprinting with computer machine at ASC
manual : when they get your fingerprints with ink on FBI cards

*** Passports Stamped ***

First off GlenMD CONGRATULATIONS....Now just suit back and relax.

Secondly, we went for passport stamping this past friday. The whole process took 5 minutes....and they gave us a shabby looking stamp in our passports...an important stamp but it looks too ordinary...I was expecting something more professional like the US visas...anyhow now we are just waiting for the cards...

Goodluck to all,
485someday.

Thanks a lot 485someday for your help.

I called FP Status check number (304-625-5590). my spouse FP response from FBI has been sent to USCIS on friday itself.

So now, the wait continues.......

thanks
GlenMD

GlenMD, It is indeed a good progress that FBI has already sent the FP check results to USCIS. How about the name check? Will the process also involve name check before they approve 485? Any info. on that.

saurnav,
yes, there is also a name check..sometimes they call for interview even when this check is not completed...you may search under 'name check' for how it works and what you can do about it...
but I see your interview is very soon, so you will find out on interview!
good luck! I hope your name check is completed by now!

Hi Compass,

I thought the name check also follows after a FP is taken. Since a new FP is taken for GlenMD's wife as her FP was expired at the time of interview, my question was if only receiving FP results from FBI will be sufficient or USCIS will also wait for a name check results after her new FP was taken.

hi saurnav,
name check is completely separate from FP and is normally initiated soon after filing i-485. can take from days to years....

compass said:
here is updated tracker
Thanks a lot Compass for your time and efforts to update the tracker.

You should be getting closer to your Interview Letter anytime now, I believe. Wish you the very best :).

Cheers!!!
V!

Approval Letter received

Hello Friends,
Just wanted to report the current status.
I and my Wife received our approval letters today in the mail. The interview was on Apr-06-2005. The postmark on the letter is Apr-11-2005. The earliest infopass appointment that we were able to fix is for Apr-25-2005.

EAD Story:
One more interesting development along with this. We both had applied for our 2nd EAD renewal in Feb-2005. The EAD application got transferred to Baltimore in Mar-2005. There is one more letter from Baltimore in the mail for me asking me to appear for an EAD interview on Apr-21-2005 at 9:00 AM :( :confused: :confused:
Receipt date : Feb-22-2005
Transfer date: Mar-17-2005
This letter is dated Apr-11-2005.

Well, I do agree that one can never predict the rules and regulations adopted by USCIS at any given point in time. But, if the 485 approval is dated Apr-06, why would the same office [Baltimore] send an EAD interview letter afterwards.....
Wonder how much their systems are integrated... :(

The letter also states that
"If for any reason you cannot keep this appointment, please return this letter immediately with your explanation and a request for a new appointment. Please be advised that, should you fail to appear for this scheduled interview, your application/petition will be deemed abandoned and all action thereon terminated, pursuant to current service policy" :)

I think I should Just reply with a copy of the 485 approval and not goto Baltimore on Apr-21.....
Anyone come across such a scenario in the past... :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance for your time and response......

Wishing all a speedy approval and a smooth sail.
Cheers!!
V!

Congrats GC4US,

That is really good to hear.

What i was thinking, you can prepare a letter attaching the i-485 approval and probably go to Baltimore centre and handover them and explain the situation right there. I think that is more peaceful approach as you can clarify then and there itself (if at all the IIO is having any doubts, which i doubt he will have).But it is totally questionable how the system is integrated.......

Just a small clarification. Did they send the approval letter or Form I - 797C.

If it is just a approval letter(which i am expecting). Is it sent from the immigration officer who interviewed you. or by the service director.

You may be wondering about the questions. One of my friend got also the approval letter from Baltimore office for his interview. The letter was from the center director. It looked like a simple letter sent from Baltimore office(it has the seal of USCIS). Also it was not signed by the District director.

Can you please clarify and i will pass on this to my friend.

Thanks
GlenMD