Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi,
I am requesting my company for only 10k statement for the year 2004. Please let me know if I will need anything else to show company's ability to pay.

Another thing I saw in the following thread that one will need medical if it is more than 1.5 years old. Is it true!! Mine is more than 2.5 years old and I have not paid any attention to this.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=169791

ginnu said:
*** make the copy of each document, they will see the orignal and keep the copy
*** from they derivative spouse they will need marriage certificate
Thanks for your quick response Ginnu,
I have one set of 140/485/W2/1040/EVL/...... and copies in my binder.

As suggested in the forums I have a binder for all my copies and one binder for my originals.
Likewise I have a binder for my wife's originals and a binder for her copies.

My concern is should my wife, a derivative applicant, have copies of My 140, W2 etc in her binder too?

Otherwise, I have kept her Birth Certificate, Marriage Cert, 485 receipts, SSN, EAD, Parole in her binder.

Thanks again for your time,
V!

gc4us said:

As suggested in the forums I have a binder for all my copies and one binder for my originals.

My concern is should my wife, a derivative applicant, have copies of My 140, W2 etc in her binder too?

Otherwise, I have kept her Birth Certificate, Marriage Cert, 485 receipts, SSN, EAD, Parole in her binder.

V!

============================
I think I-140...... and copies respectively for that, if it is present in your file. that should be sufficient. As I have seen in the forum interview experience, that IIO asked for an applicant for marriage certificate, but he asked the permission from IIO and got the marriage certificate from his wife(sitting outside). Just FYI.

But I had one question.

1. Are you taking NEW medicals(not the one sent with I-485) with you??

2. Are you taking Affidavit of support form I-864 for your wife(if she is dependent application for you).

-GlenMD

glenmd said:
============================
But I had one question.

1. Are you taking NEW medicals(not the one sent with I-485) with you??
--- NO. Looking into other cases, it appears that they have asked for medicals if they (INS) had any issues. As it was not mentioned in our checklist, we are not carrying any fresh Medicals with us.

2. Are you taking Affidavit of support form I-864 for your wife(if she is dependent application for you).
--- Is this required at this point in time...? :confused:
I submitted affidavit of support with 485 and have a copy of it with me. Other than that, I have my latest bank statements. That is all. Did not see this in Employment Based Section of the checklist of from any other members in the group either.... :confused:
-GlenMD

i have not seen the IIO asking for that. But i have seen some applicants taking them.

Also you try to make a binder which is one to one relationship with the items asked in the interview letter. The same way for your wife. Rest you can keep in another file.

just my opinion, I dont know whether it will add any values....

thanks
GlenMD

GlenMD,
Thanks for the quick followup.
Doesn't look like I-864 is for us..... who do not have GC Yet....
It is for Citizens, GC Holders, Nationals.... Here is the text from "I-864", Page 6 of I-864, Eligibility To Sponsor
"To be a sponsor you must be a U.S. citizen or national or a lawful permanent resident. If you are not the petitioning relative, you
must provide proof of status. To prove status, U.S. citizens or nationals must attach a copy of a document proving status, such as
a U.S. passport, birth certificate, or certificate of naturalization, and lawful permanent residents must attach a copy of both sides of
their Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551).
"

What we filed as part of our GC application was I-134. This is the same one used when one wants to sponsor a visitor from India while on H1.

Thanks for the tip on having a One-to-One sequence while filing the documents. One more round of arranging to go tonight.

In my case, I am hoping I and my spouse will be allowed to be at the interview desk at the same time, even though we have interviews 30 minutes apart. :confused:

Hope for the best... and good luck with your prep too....
V!.

gc4us said:

----no need , she should have her passport,I-94, 2 passport style photographs( you also take your 2 passport style photo)

V!

Thanks for the feedback ginnu...

I have prepared copies for my wife too. Maybe I will have them in a separate file, Just in case.... :)

Worst case..... I have to go through a shredding cycle after we return....

Thanks
V!

gc4us: Wish you the very best for your interview tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you after your interview.

saurnav said:
gc4us: Wish you the very best for your interview tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you after your interview.

Thanks a lot for your thoughtful wishes Saurnav. Appreciate it.
Hope it all ends well...

I'll update the forum as soon as i get a chance...

Cheers!!
V!

hi gc4us,

Best of luck for the interview.

Try to relax today and then you will be good to go......

Thinking about the paperwork, thinking of the interview questions.

GlenMD

glenmd said:
hi gc4us,
Best of luck for the interview.
Try to relax today and then you will be good to go......
Thinking about the paperwork, thinking of the interview questions.
GlenMD

Thanks GlenMD, appreciate your kind words.....
Trying to be calm amidst butterflies....

Good luck :) with your preparation and interview on the 8th as well.

Cheers!!
V!

Box of chocolates.....

Well, it is now a BOX of chocolates.....:) :)
"Forrest Gump".... INS Interview is like a Box'o chocolates.... You never know what you get next....

GOD's grace it went well......

Final statement by Officer "D" (A pleasant African American officer). I am recommending both of your cases for approval. You should get your approval notices in the mail in another 2 to 4 weeks.

You can stamp your passport at that time as we now have new regulations on the approval procedure.

No digging or delving deeper into each document detail. [Birth, Marriage, Employment, Labor, 140, 485....].

He only gathered some of the copies of the documents [Birth, Marriage, W2, 1040 tax returns, Paystubs, Bank statements (with spouse name), Apartment lease copy (with spouse name), ...] He was asking standard questions...
Name, Parent's name, Date of birth, Visa status, Current work, Address, Spouse name, date of birth and the other "NO" answerable questions. But did not strain himself to cross-check every little detail, spelling et al.

He did not retain our EAD/Parole/ but took our I-94s. Hope it is part of the process.....

In all, we prayed for a smooth sail and it was so.

A lot of input and feedback from this forum and very special individuals GlenMD, Ginnu, Compass, UGAthens, Md_Rockville, silent, Wonderfulboy, TheRealCanadian...... were very, very helpful and fruitful. Gave a lot of moral boost for the odyssey. Grateful to all the contributors....

I hope INS does not throw any more surprising chocolates in between now and the approval.... :eek:

I will post a detailed narration of the events a little later.... Wanted to get this message across for everyone's benefit. Just got back to work and logged in.

Good luck to all those waiting, esp GlenMD & Fmy who have their interview on 8th.

All is well that ends well...... [Easier said than done, I accept].... Still best wishes and God Bless.

Cheers!!
V!
[Not yet ready to signoff]:)

Congratulations gc4us!!! You got a good chocolate :)), the best one I guess (since they do not stamp you on the spot anymore), I hope you will get approval papers in a few days, like a week or so :) :) :)

Congratulations gc4us, wish you a speedy approval.
Just a small question for now: did he ask you for employer's tax returns/financial statements.

Thanks gc4us for the update. It does make all of us waiting for our interviews certainly feel better.
Congratulations and really wish that you get your approval soon

best wishes for your results also.

That is really good to hear about your interview went well.

take care
GlenMD

gra said:
Thanks gc4us for the update. It does make all of us waiting for our interviews certainly feel better.
Congratulations and really wish that you get your approval soon
Congratulations!!!

i forgot to shoot the questions to you.

following are the questions:-

1. Did he ask for I-140 approval letter.

2. Did he ask for Labor certification approval papers.

3. Did he look more about parent's name in birth certificate.

right I have the above questions.

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

-GlenMD

compass said:
Congratulations gc4us!!! You got a good chocolate :)), the best one I guess (since they do not stamp you on the spot anymore), I hope you will get approval papers in a few days, like a week or so :) :) :)

Thanks compass,
It was/is a good chocolate..... Thanks for your greetings... Hope it [Approval letter] comes thro soon.
My heartfelt wishes and prayers for everyone waiting to get a speedy approval as well.

Hope you get your turn pretty soon...

Cheers!!
V!