Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

BC

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys, it seems I will wait for about one month to receive the interview notice and another 3 months for interview (totally ~4 months). I may receive a 2nd FP notice some time. Any commnets on this speculation will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, should we start a tread to track the progress for those pool Baltimore transfers?

:confused:

-----------
RD: 1/15/2002
ND: 1/31/2002
FP: 7/10/2002
TD: 8/6/2003
ID: ??/??/2003

i guess your estimate is right and wish it could be sooner.

1) the biggest problem is fbi name check. things keep changing from time to time, if yours has been done before the transfer or is sent to fbi right after it, that's good. from what i read, the check process could take 3+ months;

2) then it all depends on how many officers are actually processing gc cases at baltimore. i believe it's next to none at this moment (because i went there 3 times between this mar. to july, nobody was waiting to be interviewed). last year at peak time, it was said 14 officers were working on gc cases everyday, and another 15 (+-) on citizenship cases. but this is hard to predict. local offices are quite different from each other, and from time to time, and even from officer to officer.

3) new policies or procedures may come any time. this may change the processing time dramastically. this is espescially true for the fbi name check, which was introduced last nov.

4) you never know if your files are in order. like in my case, medical forms were not complete (not my fault). and do you know how much damage it caused? almost a YEAR already!!! my friends had interviews the same week as i did, they all got approved right away and mine was delayed. then this new rule came, then baltimore officers worked on other stuff (special registrations i guess), then nightmare came ...

good luck!

What is the Name Check?

Thanks for the information. It looks like transfer to the local office means an unpredictable journey for GC. I do not see any one post his interview/approval in Baltimore recently. So you may be right, all the officers are busy in other task else, but not I-485. I have not idea what I will expect.

Transfer Notice received

The notices for my son and myself were received 8/9/03, and for my wife receive 8/11/03. It says the preliminary processing has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at Baltimore. That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application.

Quite different from on-line message, the notice says preliminary processing has been completed. I hope that means they have done the time-consuming name check procedure with FBI.

fbi name check is a new step introduced last nov. it basically checks your background information (birthday, origin, terrorist or not, etc.). i don't think it's a very complex task but the problem is communication and task volume. you have no way to check if it's done (unlike fp); there's no customer service at fbi to call (i tried 3 times) and bcis can't tell you anything. i personally don't know what may happen if your cases were lost in processing, and it may become a deadlock. also, the volume of name check requests may be huge since now not only gc cases are being name checked.

i think "preliminary processing ..." is a standard msg and doesn't mean anything.

i saw a few interviews were scheduled in this aug/sep period and hope this may bring us some new updates. otherwise, things will be pushed to next year since annual audit and holiday season are coming.

i blv they have to push as many they can b4 sept 30,as yr quota
will be done.

otherwie wait till next yr qouta rolls.........

but we did not see much ID b4 Sept 30.

Actually I remenber someone's ID in Nov.

FP cleared by FBI

I called FBI today, a nice lady told me both mine and my spouse's FPs had been cleared and results have sent back to INS at Aug 20, two days after we did our FPs. It seems FBI is very efficient, while INS may need much more time to complete the paper work. I expect my interview letter coming recently. If I am lucky enough, I may take the interview within this year.

Anybody in the same boat please share your experiences and opinions.

tranfered to Baltimore in end july 2003
fp redo 09aug

fp rcvd by bwi on 12aug

id 15dec 03

so it takes 5months after transfer

Waht a painful life for I-485 waiting!

I can not understand why it take 5 months for Baltimore office to complete the transfered case.

485bn, how did you know your FP results were reveived by bwi?

Did you go over to their office?

I hope so too!

My expectation is to finish I-485 journey in this year, although I have not received interview letter. It usually takes one month from TD to get interview letter. So it should come in soon.

After interview, some people got their passport stamped directly, but some people have to wait for approval. Why they treat the interviewers differently?

approved at baltimore

finally my 485 (eb2) case has been approved on 08/29 after such a long journey. i went to baltimore office this morning and got the stamp on my passport. it took only about 3 mins (waited in line for 1 hour though). the officer said the card may arrive in 10 months.

i did 2nd fp 2 weeks ago and it was cleared the same day (i called fbi and they said the result was sent back). last week i renewed my ead too, at that time, the officer told me the name check was finally cleared (i thought it took 5 months) and they're waiting for the fp to make final decision.

it looks like baltimore is back to full speed, and i wish all of you will get yours soon. good luck!

thanks a lot to mr. khanan for hosting this great forum for us to share experience and help each other.

Congratulations!

hk2001, thanks for bring good news to this suffered community! And best wishes for your post GC life in this country!

hi
hk2001
congrats..

i think yours is a transfer case to baltimore i guess..

what were the questions they asked you. also can you input .. what documents did you carry there..

our interview due in DEC..........

looking back... i think your interview was done some time a ago..i guess and got stamping today..

my spouse case got transfered and later 2fp baltimore set interview dated in DEC..
i hope they will stamp the ppt same day..

unlike some people, who were called again for stamping after
interview..........

like you said, i'm one of those who got interviewed and then called back for stamping. no questions were asked in stamping, the officer only asked you to sign a form and have your index finger printed on it. very simple it is. i even asked her if she needs me to return i-94 and eads, and she said no.

again, good luck to you guys!