Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

saurnav said:
Congratulations gc4us, wish you a speedy approval.
Just a small question for now: did he ask you for employer's tax returns/financial statements.

Thanks for the wishes Saurnav, Appreciate your time.
NO. He did not ask for my employer's return. I did have a sealed envelope from my employer for 2004, though.

At one point in time we were beginning to wonder if he would ever ask for any documents at all..... He was asking questions and just marking the answers...

Later he asked if we had the w2, tax returns, EVL..... and so on..

But definitely not the Employe tax return...

Pl let me know if you need any additional information.

Good luck,
V!

gra said:
Thanks gc4us for the update. It does make all of us waiting for our interviews certainly feel better.
Congratulations and really wish that you get your approval soon

Thanks again for your wishes.....
Our heartfelt wishes and prayers for everyone waiting to get a speedy approval as well.

Cheers!!
V!

ginnu said:
Congratulations!!!

Thanks a lot ginnu, your responses were very helpful in our preparation. You were correct in stating that we don't need I-140, ETA-750, 485. He did not even look at it. From my wife, he only took Birth, Marriage and as her name was in the IRS Transcripts, he accepted that as well. Other than that just her I-94.

Thanks again and have a good one,
V!!!

glenmd said:
i forgot to shoot the questions to you.

following are the questions:-

1. Did he ask for I-140 approval letter.
----- NO. He had those on file

2. Did he ask for Labor certification approval papers.
----- NO. He had those on file

3. Did he look more about parent's name in birth certificate.
----- NO. He was using our 485, 140 application files from his binder to verify all information.
He had a binder with all our files, documents, supporting papers et al.
He started from one section.... asked a few questions and checked if the answers matched with what was written in those applications.
He moved to the next segment.... [485] and same routine
He asked for our current address and updated in two of the files. must be 485 application I believe. [We did not get nosy there to see what files he was working on.... :) ] He asked when we had moved to the new address. At one point, we were able to see our AR-11 and the letter we sent to Baltimore to update our change of address among his files.

When he asked for our parent's name he just checked if we sounded close to the name on file. [He did not ask us to spell or immediately cross check with the Birth certificate or anything.... ]

Interesting part was, when he was questioning me, he asked my wife's name and her birth date.... :) Also we had our apartment lease with her name and a bank account with her name. So we submitted that to him.

As I had switched to EAD from the 7th year H1 (Which expired in Feb-2005), he was interested in knowing if i extended my H1 again for the 8th year or.....
I replied that i switched to EAD and no longer work on that H1. That is when he asked for those I-94s.... We handed them over and that settled it.

right I have the above questions.

-- Feel free to shoot your questions.... I Shall try to answer as much as I can.....

thanks a lot in advance for your help.
-- Good luck with your prep and interview....
We wish you a smooth sail and a speedy approval...

-GlenMD

thanks a lot gc4us,

Yesterday night, I was preparing the final paperwork and trying to check and check whether i have forgotten anything.

One thing which I am concerned is about the FP. That i have see what the IIO is going to do. As My FP has expired by only 5 days.

I also have the email from FBI regarding the Security check. which it is done in 2003

As my case is AC21 case, so i am little worried of what all the questions he may ask..

thanks for your wishes.....

GlenMD

Hi folks,
I just met my friend and she told, she received invitation for interview for her and her husband for April 27, Baltimore, she told there is one interview for BOTH of them together, and then ONE MORE interview for only her (main applicant), both interviews in same day with a gap of some time. I was surprized, I never heard about such 'double' interview...
Any info on that?

compass said:
Hi folks,
I just met my friend and she told, she received invitation for interview for her and her husband for April 27, Baltimore, she told there is one interview for BOTH of them together, and then ONE MORE interview for only her (main applicant), both interviews in same day with a gap of some time. I was surprized, I never heard about such 'double' interview...
Any info on that?

That really sounds strange.....
Must be USCIS is spreading the "Multiple Finger Print Notice" confusion to the interview scheduling process as well..... :)

She could schedule an infopass appt to clarify or They both should just go there on the interview date and take the first one and clarify at that time.

I had two finger print notices in 2003 and was told to take the second one when i called the NSC number[it was closer to my zip code].
Luckily I called the NSC number after a few days again to reconfirm and was told to go to the first one and give them both the letters and ask them to make a decision. I went to the first one in Baltimore and gave them both. They took both of them, did one FP and got the receipt. They told us not to worry about the second one.
In 3, 4 days the online status got updated with the FP results transmitted to VSC.

Never know how they react..... Good luck,
V!

Hi GlenMD,

All the best for your interview tomorrow. It will be all fine. AC21 is not a problem. They may not ask you for FP retake becuase it has expired only a few days ago. Even if they ask you for a new FP, it should be fine - it will be a matter of another one week or so. You have waited for such a long time, and a few more weeks should fine. My FP is also more than two years old, and it will be good to see what they do with yours. My guess is that they may not ask you for another FP but they may in my case as it is more than two years old. Please share your experience after the interview. Wish you the very best.

glenmd said:
thanks a lot gc4us,

Yesterday night, I was preparing the final paperwork and trying to check and check whether i have forgotten anything.

One thing which I am concerned is about the FP. That i have see what the IIO is going to do. As My FP has expired by only 5 days.

I also have the email from FBI regarding the Security check. which it is done in 2003

As my case is AC21 case, so i am little worried of what all the questions he may ask..

thanks for your wishes.....

GlenMD

I wanted to send you this early this morning... Got caught in a meeting and just now found some time.
I am attaching a Word document that i used to verify the docs that we were supposed to have with us for the interview.
I had one "File Case/Binder" for my originals, one binder for the copies. Similarly one binder for my wife's originals and one other binder for her copies.
When one line item from this checklist went into a binder we put a check mark against it in the corresponding column. You probably have something similar, I am sure. But in case you need an additional eye, you may use this also.
I printed two copies of this document with titles for each person. (one for each of us).
Having a binder and sticking a bookmark (made from Post-It notes) to each of the document in the binder was helpful.

As for AC21, carry your current employment letter and paystubs and also their offer letter, if you have it. Have copies of those as well.

Mine was an indirect Job switch, i could say. I was with CompanyB on their 7th year H1B while I had my EAD card thro my GC sponsorig company. Out of the blue CompanyB closed our division and I found another job and started using my EAD. The IIO was under the impression that I was still working for CompanyB and asked for their I-94 and if i still worked for them. The 7th year H1B for CompanyB expired in Feb-18-2005 by the way. So he asked if I had extended my H1-B to eigth year and if I had that I-94 too.
For all my GC filings I had mentioned that I work for CompanyB and therefore submitted only the H1-B paystubs (CompanyB's) to prove my employment status.

During the interview, as i was not working for CompanyB [H1-B] I told the IIO that i no longer work for CompanyB and that I switched to using my EAD from GC Sponsoring company. Then he accepted the Employment Verificaion Letter, Current Paystubs, My W2s et al.

This does not translate to a PURE AC21, I agree. But he must have been thinking that I was still on H1-B and doing a future GC.

One other concern of yours from a couple of days ago was about the Speeding Ticket, if i am correct.
I can vouch again that if it was just a simple speeding and no arrest/conviction et al. and if it was 3 years ago, you can confidently ignore that concern.

I had 3 tickets that were valid until May-2003 for insurance purposes. My last speeding ticket that "Earned" me points was in May 2000. Non-point earned speeding was last in June-2004 (Caught by a camera in DC and just had to pay a fine, no points)

Unfortunately I got one new ticket in December 2004. But the cop, while writing the ticket, told me that he did not see any tickets in my history from the past :rolleyes: and therefore gave me a 1 point ticket with 65 dollar fine. He said I was "Eligible" for more points and a higher fine....:( :( but he was not going to do that... :)
But he also suggested that I goto court as "Dispositioned case" [No cop, no attorney, just you and the judge]. This he said, would work, considering my "Pretty Spotless History" :) :)
My date in the court was last week and like all other bad days of my last week, the judge still retained the point and fine... :( :(

During the interview I stated NO to all those questions.... If you wonder what those questions are, open the I-485 application form (PDF) and goto page 3. You will find them. As far as i can remember he did not ask me if I had any speeding violations or tickets, nor do i think he had any records of those. If not, he would have asked me about the most recent ticket :(

Good luck again for your interview and share your response here.
Cheers!!!
V!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came from the meeting and i saw your note. I wanted to thankfully for you for your post.

It is really useful......

Right now i have read them in detail and ask you questions. It is really huge. Again thanks....

-Glenmd

gc4us said:
I wanted to send you this early this morning... Got caught in a meeting and just now found some time.
I am attaching a Word document that i used to verify the docs that we were supposed to have with us for the interview.
I had one "File Case/Binder" for my originals, one binder for the copies. Similarly one binder for my wife's originals and one other binder for her copies.
When one line item from this checklist went into a binder we put a check mark against it in the corresponding column. You probably have something similar, I am sure. But in case you need an additional eye, you may use this also.
I printed two copies of this document with titles for each person. (one for each of us).
Having a binder and sticking a bookmark (made from Post-It notes) to each of the document in the binder was helpful.

=== Thanks for this. I have a same document and the only thing which it is missing is the photos. I will go today and get the photos.

As for AC21, carry your current employment letter and paystubs and also their offer letter, if you have it. Have copies of those as well.

=== I have all those documents.... and also copies.

Mine was an indirect Job switch, i could say. I was with CompanyB on their 7th year H1B while I had my EAD card thro my GC sponsorig company. Out of the blue CompanyB closed our division and I found another job and started using my EAD. The IIO was under the impression that I was still working for CompanyB and asked for their I-94 and if i still worked for them. The 7th year H1B for CompanyB expired in Feb-18-2005 by the way. So he asked if I had extended my H1-B to eigth year and if I had that I-94 too.
I had submitted only the H1-B paystubs for my employed status during GC filing.

But I told the IIO that i no longer work for CompanyB and I switched to using my EAD from GC Sponsoring company. Then he accepted the Employment Verificaion Letter, Current Paystubs, My W2s et al.

This does not translate to a PURE AC21, I agree. But he must have been thinking that I was still on H1-B and doing a future GC.

One other concern of yours from a couple of days ago was about the Speeding Ticket, if i am correct.
I can vouch again that if it was just a simple speeding and no arrest/conviction et al. and if it was 3 years ago, you can confidently ignore that concern.

I had 3 tickets that were valid until May-2003 for insurance purposes. My last speeding ticket that "Earned" me points was in May 2000. Non-point earned speeding was last in June-2004 (Caught by a camera in DC and just had to pay a fine, no points)

Unfortunately I got one new ticket in December 2004. But the cop while writing the ticket told me that he did not see any tickets in my history from the past and therefore gave me a 1 point ticket with 65 dollar fine. He said I was "Eligible" for more points and a higher fine....:( :(
But he also suggested that I goto court as "Dispositioned case" [No cop, no attorney, just you and the judge]. This he said, would work, considering my "Pretty Spotless History" :) :)
My date in the court was last week and like all other bad days of my last week, the judge still retained the point and fine... :( :(

During the interview I stated NO to all those questions.... If you wonder what those questions are open the I-485 application form (PDF) and goto page 3. You will find those questions. As far as i can remember he did not ask me if I had any speeding violations or tickets, nor do i think he had any records of those. If not, he would have asked me about the most recent ticket :(

===== One thing I was asking was did he ask anything about the traffic violations. If so then did you say NO to it???

I got the ticket on april 2002. I got 2 tickets. I basically flashed the lights on the cop at 80 MPH(you must be thinking how fool i am ...., but that was not a cop car. It looked like a normal car. ). I paid the tickets and i have the copy of the cheques encashed and also have the citation copy. There was no arrest nothing like that....

Good luck again for your interview and share your response here.

++== thanks for your help. it really means a lot...
Cheers!!!
V!

glenmd said:
right now, I dont have the passport photos. do you really need them....

thanks
GlenMD

The checklist sent by Baltimore did not specify Photos. We took 4 photos for each of us. During the interview, he [IIO] asked us if we have our photos. When we answered in the affirmative, he took two from each of us and put in a small envelope and stapled to his binder :) :).
If you have the time between now and tomorrow, I would definitely recommend getting those pictures taken and carrying with you.

V!

glenmd said:
......During the interview I stated NO to all those questions.... If you wonder what those questions are open the I-485 application form (PDF) and goto page 3. You will find those questions. As far as i can remember he did not ask me if I had any speeding violations or tickets, nor do i think he had any records of those. If not, he would have asked me about the most recent ticket

===== One thing I was asking was did he ask anything about the traffic violations. If so then did you say NO to it???

He did not ask me about Traffic Violations. If you refer to Part-3 [Processing Information] of the I-485 application it clearly states that they exclude "Traffic Violations" in that question. Here is the text
"1. Have you ever, in or outside the U. S.:

a. knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug-related offense for which you have not been arrested?

b. been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding
traffic violations?"

Here is a link for the latest I-485 package with this document and information.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-485pk3.pdf
It has a lot of questions that you will get asked.

I answered NO to question "b" that deals with the subject currently under discussion [Traffic Violations].

Good luck,
V!

i got the photos ready today evening.

Everything is now fine i think.

Thanks a lot for all your wishes...........

GlenMD

Hi All,

God is really great!!! The Interview went well.

Today morning around 8.15AM, I had the interview scheduled. The called me and spouse (together)around 9.00 AM.

The lady who answered for us told us to take the OATH.Both of us took the Oath.

she told us to sign for representing ourself without attorney.

Then she opened the file and asked rightaway for the following.

Driver's License
Recent EAD CArd
Passport.

AFter that she opened my file and checked for the address and my name and date of birth. Then told me give all the EAD's except the new one.

Later on she asked about my parent's name and their dateofbirth.

She asked the standard question. she asked 4 questions.

Have you commited any crime?
have you done any fraud for immigration purpose?
Have you been earlier deported?
Have you been married before?

Answer for all the above is NO.

Then she asked my previous company name.
She asked my current company name and date of joining, My current position.location of business.
she asked my last entry to US.
She took my tax returns for 2004 & 2003 only.
She didnt ask for W2's
She asked for EVL, Paystubs.I94.

Then she took my fingerprinting and writing name on I-551 form.

Then she told that "I am recommending your application for approval". you should get the approval notice in a week or 2 weeks.

Then she went for my wife's file(it was very small file).

she asked for the marriage date and asked whether she was married earlier.

she checked for the marriage certificate and then she said that it is fine.

No documents were taken for her.only documents which took was expired EAD's, I-94...

Then she told that her fingerprinting is expired. She had already kep the finger printing notice. right away called the finger printing department and she asked whether they can take my wife's fingerprinting. then she got the answer as YES from the other side. she told us to the finger printing department and get the fingerprinting. she also gave the fingerprint notice and then also told that she will still send the notice to me and also to lawyer.

Then she told to get the infopass appointment and get the stamping . I asked do we need any photos at that time. she said NO and then i told her that i have the latest photos, she took that even though she said the photos were in the file.

Then she told us that once they get the fingerprinting from FBI, they will send the approval notice to my wife also.

So we went to the fingerprinting section and got the finger printing done.

The above is what happened. we came out around 11.00 AM

The officer was very helpful and cheering.

Thanks a lot especially for GINNU, GC4US, Saurav ,Lulu001, 485someday and compass

So I am thinking that there will be no new developments.......

Thanks again for the forum for your inputs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

CONGRATULATIONS glenmd!!!!!
This was really good! especially, thay your wife could give FP right there!
:) :)

GlenMD,

CONGRATULATIONS, it is a great news. So it does not matter if FP expired a few days ago. A few questions:

(i) when did your wife do her last FP? Was it not along with yours?

(ii) Did you ask an approximate time when your wife can expect an approval notice. Did they give any time.

Will appreciate your reply,

Best of luck, Thanks

saurnav said:
GlenMD,

CONGRATULATIONS, it is a great news. So it does not matter if FP expired a few days ago. A few questions:

(i) when did your wife do her last FP? Was it not along with yours?

== It was with me only. But I had gone through the manual FP. whereas she had gone through the online FP. so USCIS got the FP response faster in her case. USCIS got the response 5-6 days later......

(ii) Did you ask an approximate time when your wife can expect an approval notice. Did they give any time.

====Officer told me that it may be a week or 2 weeks later than me....

Will appreciate your reply,

Best of luck, Thanks

But i had one question.

Officer didnt ask for w2's Is that OK??

thanks a lot for your response.

GlenMD