Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Local Ins

Today I have been to Local Baltimore INS, with infopass. The lady took my A# and I-485 copy and told me Visa Numbers are not available. she will submit my enquiry with the immigration officer who will take care of employment cases.
Then Check the status after 45 days. I shown her the printout that 2003 dates are current, and also told that all the EB status are current with new visa bulleten..released yesterday evening. She answered the same thing mentioned above..!

I even told that my interview got over a year back, still you are saying the visa number not available.

She checked my Finger prints status and told me they are current,, no need of any new finger prints.

I don't know what's this USICIS is doing.. all the time they tell only one thing wait 30 days, 45 days 60 days or 180 days.. thats it..

vikramb: I am also in the same boat and am wondering if we should just go the local office on June 1st and ask for passport stamping. Keep me posted on what you decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
visited baltimore local office

I visited baltimore local office on 12th June, The lady at the counter told me that the case status is 'Awaiting Visa Numbers'. She said they are in the process of pulling these type of cases in next few days and start making decisions (approve, RFE,..etc) on them. God knows how long they take. I am still not that optimistic.

EB3 PD April 2002.
Interviewed in Aug' 2005.
FP done after the interview.
Name Check is done according to FBI's email.

I visited baltimore local office on 12th June, The lady at the counter told me that the case status is 'Awaiting Visa Numbers'. She said they are in the process of pulling these type of cases in next few days and start making decisions (approve, RFE,..etc) on them. God knows how long they take. I am still not that optimistic.

EB3 PD April 2002.
Interviewed in Aug' 2005.

No Hope can you tell me more about your name check? How you came to know that your case was send for name check? When did you email the FBI for the status of your name check and how long it took you to get a response from them??

I just got a letter from my congressman saying that my case is awaiting a final back ground check.
Please share your name check experience.

ZKHAN,

There should be plenty of information on this forum about how to send email to FBI to find out the status of the name check. I have sent an email to 'FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov' with case details like Name, DOB, A# etc. in January 2005. I got the response back from FBI in June 2005.

I had my interview in August 2006 at baltimore local office (i mentioned it as Aug 2005 in my previous post). During the interview the officer also told me that my name check was done. She couldn't approve because there were no visa numbers available at that time.

EB3 PD April 2002.
Interviewed in Aug' 2006.

Today I have been to Local Baltimore INS, with infopass. The lady took my A# and I-485 copy and told me Visa Numbers are not available. she will submit my enquiry with the immigration officer who will take care of employment cases.
Then Check the status after 45 days. I shown her the printout that 2003 dates are current, and also told that all the EB status are current with new visa bulleten..released yesterday evening. She answered the same thing mentioned above..!

I even told that my interview got over a year back, still you are saying the visa number not available.

She checked my Finger prints status and told me they are current,, no need of any new finger prints.

I don't know what's this USICIS is doing.. all the time they tell only one thing wait 30 days, 45 days 60 days or 180 days.. thats it..

vikramab,
how is going? did you get approval? if not, just try infopass again... maybe you will hit a good (better) person there..

Same concern I too have !! to go earlier instead of waiting till August.
The Lady(immigration officer) in Local Ins told me to come after 45 days
As we don't know what will be the scenario in August with these priority dates.

vikramb: One suggestion, go late July and not August. You never know what happens with PDs for August bulletin.

Vikramb & Others:

I am happy (and very relieved) to post that I received my approval from DC local office in the mail yesterday. I was not even sure how to react after waiting for so long. Instead of being excited or happy, I was jut relieved. Feels like something heavy has lifted from my mind now. I sincerely wish Good Luck to all and hope everyone here receives an approval very soon.

Ead

Thanks dcmetro22042,

Just now i got a mail from USCIS, Instead of 485 Approval its EAD Approval. I can't even imagine, still they want to approve my EAD instead of my 485.

I don't know whats going on in this Balitmore INS.

Waiting is still on :).. lets see when they will come out from there sleep

Vikramb & Others:

I am happy (and very relieved) to post that I received my approval from DC local office in the mail yesterday. I was not even sure how to react after waiting for so long. Instead of being excited or happy, I was jut relieved. Feels like something heavy has lifted from my mind now. I sincerely wish Good Luck to all and hope everyone here receives an approval very soon.

Even my EAD was approved recently

Even my case is in Pittsburgh Local office. It was transferred from Vermont on March 13 2007 after lying there 2.5 years.

They approved my EAD on 6/1/2007. And the only information I got was my case is under review.

I dont know what is happening to local office cases and even with VSC. I see lot of folks who have submitted RFE and waiting for more than 2 months.

There should be some uniformity in case approvals among service centers and local offices.

local ins

compass and dcmetro22042,,

Just visited Local INS.. no use .. bunch of jar heads are there.. no use... no visa number available wait.. I argued.. last month when Visa numbers were there you asked me to come after 45 days... I came in 15 days now you are saying no visa numbers.. whats going on....

she says.. I have no more info.. come after visa numbers..available I think its waste of time and money(parking fee 8 $/hr)... and mental strain... I am really fedup with this process....I don't know when I will see the light..frustrated to core..with these guys..damn !!

Even today she says... ur case is all clear need only visa numbers..!! I don't know in this year we ever get visa numbers !!!!!!!

vikramab,
how is going? did you get approval? if not, just try infopass again... maybe you will hit a good (better) person there..

Vikramab: I agree, this whole wait is quite stressful. I was shocked at the recent reversal of the July Bulletin. I was expecting it in Aug and not July. I pray that something positive happens soon.
Best of luck buddy.

Congratulations dcmetro!
vikramab, do not loose hope! I strongly believe you are very close... just keep visiting Baltimore office once every month!
You can park in lexington market garage, I think it is $5 for the whole day, and it is close, just few minutes of walking. Go on W.Paca st (one way, north), pass W.Fayette st (cross), and then pass W.lexington St (T intersection, it will be on your left), and then garage will be on both sides, right and left.

Thanks compass. Waiting to receive the physical card. Want to see how it looks in person with my name on it...I know it sounds silly!

Change of Address(mistake)

I am waiting for my interview date and my name check is pending. There was a mix and my address was changed from Virginia to Maryland. Yesterday my lawyer got a letter from the washington office that my address has been changed on my file and for any further info about my case we should contact the baltimore office.
Now that my lawyer has called the 800 number and changed my address back to my virginia address again. It took the washington office four months to change my address, does anyone know how quickly should I expect the baltimore office to send my file back to washington office?
I have experienced that DC office is very slow and should I expect quicker service from the Baltimore office(transferring the file back to DC)
Does any one have any experience about address change with the baltimore office?

Pending I-485 Applications at Field Offices

Pending I-485 Applications at Field Offices

The Ombudsman's Office has been urging the field offices to undertake an accounting of all cases awaiting adjudication and institute a schedule to complete those cases. To date, however, the field offices have not cooperated in inventorying all of their pending cases and, as a result, many cases are unaccounted for, with applicants unable to obtain status information on their cases. Mr. Khatri requested conference participants whose cases were last known to have been transferred to a field office, and that have been pending at that field office for an extended period of time, to submit a "DHS Form 7001" (linked above), as well as send an eMail to his office, so that he may follow up with that office.
Conclusion
Mr. Khatri stated that the USCIS service centers and most field offices are providing good service to a lot of people. This is not always the case, unfortunately. The Ombudsman's role is to make sure that the service centers and field offices continue to improve their services and eliminate systemic problems. One of the great tools that enables the Ombudsman to fulfill his role is the teleconferences that he holds on a regular basis. The Murthy Law Firm will continue to participate in these conferences to report updated information to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

Name check not required for I-485 approval if pending >180 days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the decisive victory for all sufferers stuck in name check! The USCIS issued a memorandum to change its policy regarding name checks. The completion of FBI name check is no longer required before application for adjustment of status can be adjudicated!!! If FBI name check is not completed in 180 days, I-485 can be approved without it.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/DOC017.PDF

Has anyone contacted baltimore office after seeing this memo???