Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

CUSTODY1234 said:
hi
glenMD/gurus please advise

recevied notice today of case being transfered to local office.
is there any way to find out the reason for the transfer.
can my lawyer find out before the interview the reason which triggred the interview rather than a direct approval for 485.

what to expect when you go for the interview.

please help

Hi Custody1234,
It is really frustrating to have this unexpected turn of events when they XFer to a local office.
Sometimes it is almost like the eternal question "Why am I here????" :(
I concur with GlenMD 200%. If you go through the different threads for XFerred cases. http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 you will find a lot of information.

[There are threads for cases transferred to
Washington http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=56637,
Baltimore (this thread),
New York http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=86133
et al]

If you want to look at the latest guidelines from USCIS regarding transfers..., you may use the following links...
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-168372.html
http://www.usvisahelp.com/nw_vol4_iss4.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_perint.html
This is the PDF from the horse' mouth... :)
http://www.immigration-law.com/485 Transfer Guidelines.pdf

Inspite of all these there is no guarantee that one will figure out the "WHY" part.... :(

compass has created a great XLS tracker for the Baltimore cases.... I am attaching here for your reference. You might want to use that for finding the average wait time.

I am also attaching a Checklist document that might be useful to get a feel of what documents I carried with me. This is not a final list though. Many in this group have had their items according to their cases and might offer you more insight.

Wishing you a speedy approval and when you find time please post your details.... 140, 485 ND, EAD et al....

I am sure you will find a lot of useful and invaluable links on these pages and a good bunch of people willing to offer their time and help.

Cheers!!!
V!

Last edited by a moderator:
Baltimore Tracker

Guys
please update your info in the "tracker" it will be quite helpful to all for tracking our cases. Like how long it is taking after it has been transfered to get interview.

XLS tracker for the Baltimore cases

saurnav said:
Hi gc4us,
Thanks for all your wishes. I was concerned as you had cancelled your earlier appointment, but thank god you got it on 18th. Keep trying you might hit another one for your wife. Is it not that one appointment will be good for the entire family? I am sure when you go for your pp stamping they should do for your wife or at least they will tell you as what needs to be done with EAD interviews. My interview is at 8.15 am.

Hi Saurnav,
I had to cancel the Apr-25 because the system does not permit duplicate appointments, and it is understandable.

As for one appointment for the family, I am not sure if they will entertain one for the family. In a way, they accept it.... because the 485 interview had different timings for us, but we both were asked to take it together. They might allow us for this one too or if they are cranky might demand two appointments for us.
The EAD Appointment, though sent separately, is for 9:00 AM on Apr-21 for both of us....
Last resort, we will go together and request for admission and take it from there....

Thanks for the followup and time,
Have a good one,
V!

hi gc4us,

I am also trying to get the infopass appointment before April 27th. when I give my First name, last name and other details. It will be bring the infopass which I already have booked(april 27th).

So how did you book the second infopass appointment with the same name and other details. Or did you use your wife's name for the second one...

Please provide your inputs.

GlenMD

glenmd said:
hi gc4us,

I am also trying to get the infopass appointment before April 27th. when I give my First name, last name and other details. It will be bring the infopass which I already have booked(april 27th).

So how did you book the second infopass appointment with the same name and other details. Or did you use your wife's name for the second one...

Please provide your inputs.

GlenMD

That is correct. I had to get the second one in my wife's name. As for me, I was able to get a new one only after cancelling the old one in my name.

Nice undocumented feature they got there....... Instead of a separate option "Review your existing appointment" on the home page, they just let us type in the whole details and right when we hope to see available times :), they pop up the current appointment :(

I followed Saurnav's advise and was able to get these.... Just keep trying frequently.....

Good luck,
V!

Hi,
A small question: I noticed that one of my 2002 w2 copy that I have is actually for submitting for local state tax. I did my filing at H&R block for 2002 and it seems they gave me this wrong copy. It should have been Employee's copy. Do you think it will matter if I submit w2 copy (marked for State Taxes) at the interview on 18th. Will appreciate a response. Thanks.

About Infopass,

As i am going regularly and checking for earlier infopass. Now I could find out one more functionality. You can have multiple infopass for the same name. But different date of birth.

They are using Composite key of Name and Date of Birth.

I even checked with different zipcodes.....

But name is only displayed but not date of birth...

saurnav said:
Hi,
A small question: I noticed that one of my 2002 w2 copy that I have is actually for submitting for local state tax. I did my filing at H&R block for 2002 and it seems they gave me this wrong copy. It should have been Employee's copy. Do you think it will matter if I submit w2 copy (marked for State Taxes) at the interview on 18th. Will appreciate a response. Thanks.

--- This is tough to answer as I can say that they dont see so much in detail. So If i were you i would see whether there are any options left out.... or else present what you have and explain.... NO CHOICE right....

Transfer Notice

Guys,

My case transferred 22nd Dec of 2004, till now I didn't received any transfer notification. I was wondering how long it will take to receive the transfer notification, any of you guys are in the same boat.

Any inputs on this are highly appreciated

GlenMD: Thanks for your response. I have to submit whatever I have - NO CHOICE REALLY. As for your tax I saw that they asked you only for two years of tax returns. Did you also submit State Tax Returns? Did you submit IRS transcript or your copy of filing? One more question, did she ask you for company tax returns?

gc4us: Did you have to submit company tax returns? Also, did you have to submit your tax returns for three years, did you submit both state and federal tax returns?

Thanks

saurnav said:
GlenMD: Thanks for your response. I have to submit whatever I have - NO CHOICE REALLY. As for your tax I saw that they asked you only for two years of tax returns. Did you also submit State Tax Returns? Did you submit IRS transcript or your copy of filing? One more question, did she ask you for company tax returns?

gc4us: Did you have to submit company tax returns? Also, did you have to submit your tax returns for three years, did you submit both state and federal tax returns?

Thanks

AFAIK, the W2 has the same details on all the three different copies, correct? Going by past history [atleast from GlenMD and Mine] they don't dig deeper into the docs.... At a high level he/she might look at the year.... (e.g) when you give them the W2s for 3 years, they will look to see if there is 2004, 2003, 2002 [Those big printed year numbers] and add these to their files....
I had the W2s, 1040 and IRS Transcripts..... I asked the officer which one I should submit as I had all of them. He said he would take 1040 & W2s from me. For my wife, he took her IRS Transcripts.... did not review the contents at all.

I did not bother to split the State/Federal from my returns. I unstapled each of them and did a bulk photocopy and stapled them back. Let them have everything in their already bloated file. Just give me my GC :)

I also had my company tax returns, but it is still with me... :) :) He did not take it from me.

When he/she asks for W2s, give all the W2s you have... Don't even start explaining that you only have local copy and not the "Employee Copy". If they want, they will verify and ask for information.
I think I gave 4 or 5 and he returned one or two :) :).

Pl let me know if you need more information..

Cheers!!
V!

vikramab said:
Guys,

My case transferred 22nd Dec of 2004, till now I didn't received any transfer notification. I was wondering how long it will take to receive the transfer notification, any of you guys are in the same boat.

Any inputs on this are highly appreciated

Hi vikramab,
Did you check with your attorney....? He/She should have received a transfer notice. How did you find about your transfer.... Email and Online status alone?...

Did you change your address around December/January ?

One other way to figure this out is to setup an infopass appointment at Baltimore and go in person. Take your I485 receipt notice, any other docs... or communication from INS (EAD, AP). They will tell you if your files got transferred and if so when it reached them and depending on their load, an approximate time frame for interview scheduling..... Sometimes it might be a simple.... "Another 30 to 60 days for your interview".

It is about time you went there, I would say.... Mine got transferred in Sep-28-2004. No word from VSC or Baltimore to me. My attorney, however, got a notice of transfer. I requested him to fax a copy. In Feb-2005, we (I and my wife) went to Baltimore and were told that our interview should be in April... :)

Give it a shot....
Good luck,
V!

hi gc4us,

Are you going to take the Photos again. As my attorney's office are saying to take the photos again.

thanks
glenMD

glenmd said:
hi gc4us,

Are you going to take the Photos again. As my attorney's office are saying to take the photos again.

thanks
glenMD

YES GlenMD. We plan to take photos with us.
We actually have 2 spare photos each [we took 4 photos when we went for the interview and 2 are remaining with us still] The approval letter is kinda confusing.... In addition to the 2 photos, in the paranthesis, it says 2 photos if you want a temporary card :( :( Wonder what that is about.....

What date do you have your latest appointment on?

Cheers!!!
V!

CUSTODY1234 said:
hi
ginnu

vsc TD 04/12/05 . could anybody tell when can the interview date be.
-------- count 15 days to reach the file at Baltimore from Transfer date and then expect 4-5 months for Interview notice and you may get interview notice 30-40 days advance of Interview date.
thanks inadvance

gc4us said:
YES GlenMD. We plan to take photos with us.
We actually have 2 spare photos each [we took 4 photos when we went for the interview and 2 are remaining with us still] The approval letter is kinda confusing.... In addition to the 2 photos, in the paranthesis, it says 2 photos if you want a temporary card :( :( Wonder what that is about.....

====right now in my approval letter is one sheet paper and in that it doesnt ask for photos or anything.

the last para is as follows:-
If you need temporary evidence of your permanent resident status prior to receiving your card, you may make aan INFOPASS appointment to bring this letter to our Information Counter, located at the above address, to receive a stamp reflecting your new status in your passport. INFOPASS appointments can be made on the Internet by going to www.infopass.uscis.gov.

=== In the above para it doesnt say anything about the photos. do you also have the same para.

Please let me know....

What date do you have your latest appointment on?

= Still didnt get the earlier appointment.....
Cheers!!!
V!

please help

hi
ginnu / imiigration gurus
please respond

thanks for the permutation and the dates.
i have a situation.

approved 140 and 485> 180 days. i have planned to change jobs and i have a new job offer in the same/similar satisfying all the LC requirements, case transfered to local center 04/12, the hitch is that the new job starts in 3-4 months and if my interview date comes before the start of the new job do you think the current job paystubs only who did the lc and i-140 and the new job offer letter and copy of the contract(new job) should be enough for the ac21 change at the time of the interview or i have to be working under the new job when i go for the interview.

i also plan to do a H-1 as a back up from the new job also, which might also be an indirect way to prove the intent to work for the new employer.

if for somereason the 485 gets denied (i am very apprehensive) :eek: i will be on my 8th year of h-1 will i be able to file a new LC/140 to stay here or i have to pack my bags.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
glenmd said:
=== In the above para it doesnt say anything about the photos. do you also have the same para.

OOOpppsssss!!! :( My apologies...... GlenMD....
I have been juggling between my Approval letter, Infopass for the stamping and the EAD Interview letter..... and mixed up the whole thing.....
The photo requirements are in the Infopass appointment confirmation printout.... I selected the option that is meant for stamping and that printed out a page which has the photo requirements.....
You are correct.... The Photo requirements are not in the approval letter itself.....
Apologies once again...

Whew!!!. Need to get out of this ASAP !! :confused: :(