Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi Saurav,

All the Best for your interview.

Everything will be fine and be cool and just tell what is asked for......

GlenMD

thanks Gc4us,

I am still waiting for my wife. I dont know when they are going to send the approval letter.

thanks for the clarification.

GlenMD

do i need to take medical exam again?

Got my interview notice yesterday. My case was transfered to Baltimore on 12/9/04. My last medical exam was taken about two years ago. The checklist I got didn't mention anything about medical exam. My lawyer suggested no need to take it again. But I already wait for 3 yr and spent almost 10k, I don't mind spending another $100 if doing this can save me some time. Any suggestion?

baltimore salvation

hi
foxgreatwall
i agree with your lawyer only if you had a a or b condition you should have got it done.
is your case ac21 .

good luck. you will triumph :D

Thanks.
What is a or b condition?
My concern is that my physical exam already expired.

CUSTODY1234 said:
hi
foxgreatwall
i agree with your lawyer only if you had a a or b condition you should have got it done.
is your case ac21 .

good luck. you will triumph :D

Thanks GC4US,

Actually I have called my Attorney he was not sure that he has received the notice or not. I think my best bet is to take Infopass n find out in Balitmore INS.

I got a Email about my transfer.

I changed my address in September, n got FP on Nov 1st, on Dec 22nd I got a mail that my cased got transfered. But never received any notification hard copy.

gc4us said:
Hi vikramab,
Did you check with your attorney....? He/She should have received a transfer notice. How did you find about your transfer.... Email and Online status alone?...

Did you change your address around December/January ?

One other way to figure this out is to setup an infopass appointment at Baltimore and go in person. Take your I485 receipt notice, any other docs... or communication from INS (EAD, AP). They will tell you if your files got transferred and if so when it reached them and depending on their load, an approximate time frame for interview scheduling..... Sometimes it might be a simple.... "Another 30 to 60 days for your interview".

It is about time you went there, I would say.... Mine got transferred in Sep-28-2004. No word from VSC or Baltimore to me. My attorney, however, got a notice of transfer. I requested him to fax a copy. In Feb-2005, we (I and my wife) went to Baltimore and were told that our interview should be in April... :)

Give it a shot....
Good luck,
V!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Good news!! Interview went very smoothly and it was nothing different from the experience reported by gc4us, 485someday, GlenMD, EB2NIW and many others. The interviewing officer was very courteous and professional. First the officer wanted to see my Passport, Driver's License, Soc. Sec. Card and EAD card. He then went though my entire file very intently and carefully. My file was very thick as it contained 3 petitions and approvals of EB1-Alien of Extraordinaly Ability, NIW and Outstanding Researcher & Prof.). It built some confidence when I saw a correspondence from my attorney requesting INS to use EB1 (Alien of Extraordinary Ability) approval for 485 adjustment and disacrd the other two. The officer asked me for Birth Certificate, Employer's Letter, W2 for three years, Tax returns for three years, copies of I-94. He also asked me my current H1 approval notice. He asked me if I had recent photographs which I did have and handed over to him. He then asked me several questions:

(i) what is your date of birth,
(ii) Father's first name
(iii) Mother's first name
(iii) Wife's first name
(iv) What is wife's date of birth

Then he asked me a number of questions relating to criminal records, whether arrested before etc, and was satisfied with my answers. He then asked me what I currently do and my present job title and job duties. I explained them very briefly and in simple language.

At this time it was almost over when he mentioned that my FP is old and I will need to do a new one. He generated an instant FP notice and rqeuested me to take the notice downstairs for retaking the FP. He said everything is in order and only thing that needs to be done is another FP before approval.

He then moved on to my wife's file. As usual he collected copies of I-94, photographs, asked what she does, and some standard criminal record related questions. It was very short.

He then took our son's file and asked for birth certifcate and some other standard documents.

The whole thing lasted for about 50 minutes. Upon asking the officer said that it will take about 4 weeks for us to get the approval. He said it will take about two weeks to get the FP results and allow two more weeks for the approval and approval letter to be mailed. At that point we will need to come again for PP stamping to be scheduled via an infopass appointment. And at that time we will need to give another FP on a card which will become the Green Card. We then shook hands and thanked the officer and left the room.

I then went downstairs to get the FP done, but it could not be done immediately. I was told they will not accept walk-in appointments. Upon mentioning that anytime I come it will be a walk-in appoinment only - the lady then asked me to come back around 1 pm or 8 am another day when she can do it as at these tilmes usually there will not be many people. Well, I have to make another trip of Baltimore Center and get this last thing done, but it is OK.

That was the whole strory in short. If anybody has any questions, please let me know. Overall my experience there was quite good. And those who will be going for the interview in coming days my suggestion is to stay cool and take it easy.

I appreciate all the good wishes and helpful response from Ginnu, GC4US, GlenMD, 485Someday, Compass and EB2NIW. Thank you all so much.

GlenMD: please keep the forum updated as soon as your wife receives her approval and with other things that you come acroos.

GC4US: Let us know as how thing did go with your PP stamping and the final Fingerprinting for the GC today. Did your wife also get her PP stamped? What they said regarding the EAD interviews?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations saurnav!!!!
relax and enjoy! I am sure FP will not be a problem!
Thanks a lot for detailed interview info, I was waiting for it desperately :)
Did you have one doc file for family, or did you have 2 separate (3?) files, for you, your wife, son?

saurnav said:
Hi,

Good news!! Interview went very smoothly and it was nothing different from the experience reported by gc4us, 485someday, GlenMD, EB2NIW and many others. The interviewing officer was very courteous and professional.
I appreciate all the good wishes and helpful response from Ginnu, GC4US, GlenMD, 485Someday, Compass and EB2NIW. Thank you all so much.

GlenMD: please keep the forum updated as soon as your wife receives her approval and with other things that you come acroos.

GC4US: Let us know as how thing did go with your PP stamping and the final Fingerprinting for the GC today. Did your wife also get her PP stamped? What they said regarding the EAD interviews?

Thanks.

Congratulatsion Saurnav....
Extremely happy to hear about the smooth sail. I can understand the pressure till you hear those magic words..... "Recommended for Approval"....
Great Job and Be assured that the rest is just a matter of days/weeks... Thanks to a practical officer who gave an instant FP notice. If you keep track of GlenMD's responses, you should get a fair timeline on FP processing and approval.

I am going this afternoon to try our luck.... Hope they let us both with my single appointment :) :)
Will update the forum as soon as i get back....

Good luck in all your endeavours....
Cheers!!
V!

Hi Compass,
I arranged docs in 3 files, one for each of us. Also I preferred to have copies and originals of a document together so that I could display the originals and copies together on the table, but handed over the copies in most cases. He chose to take the Employment Letter in original. Please let me know if yiou have more questions. Wish you receive interview letter soon - I am sure it is on its way. It seems things are getting better as I saw "foxgreatwall" received Int. Letter in 4 months.

Thanks saurnav!
I will then do the same, 3 folders...
in this case taxes (originals from IRS) will go only into my folder...marr.certificate probably only into spouse's folder :)

GlenMD,

One question - I noticed that you were fingerprinted on I-551 form at the interview. Did your wife also give FP on I-551 form at the interview. Will appreciate your reply. Thanks.

my bad. here concurrent filing refers to:

the Form I-693 was filed concurrently with the I-485.

Not I140 and I485.

foxgreatwall said:
Thanks for your link.
It looks like "Medicals Valid until I-485 Adjudication" can only be applied to concurrent filing. I am not. SO I need to re-take medical exam.

PP Stamping done.....

Greetings group,
One more "Small" step.....
Things went.....As "Unexpected"......
I and My wife went today for stamping our Passports...
Was a little concerned because I had one appointment in my name and our EAD interviews were scheduled for Thursday...
Reached 2:40 PM for 3:30 appointment..... was called at 3:50 PM and I handed over my docs..... The IIO took my passport and verified in her system... It was the deadliest of terminals and she could not pull the records... So she requested her colleague to check the A#. After verifying the details, she stamped I-551. I had the AP and Old EAD on the counter with me... She asked if the AP was still valid... It expired in Mar-2005 :( .... She did not ask for the AP nor EAD nor I-94 and not even photos..... [I-94s were already "Commandeered" :( :( during our AOS interview]
She wrote the approval date, validity et al on the I-551....
Then I submitted a "Humble Request" to consider my Wife's approval too. She was very glad to take care of that... Got the passport, did not take the AP, EAD, or nothing...... Stamped I-551 and wrote the details...... No complaints....
We both just could not believe our eyes.....
P.S. She reminded us to cancel any appointment that my wife might be holding for her stamping :) :)...

Now, for the final part, We showed the EAD interviews for both of us....
"Oh that is a duplicate request for you. Just forget that and you may ignore that letter......." is all that she said.....
Then she took that letter, affixed the Baltimore office seal and signed, stating we already appeard for it and our LPR has already been approved.... :) :)

Nothing more we could ask from USCIS.... Before leaving, we clarified once again, if we still needed to send a reply for that Interview letter.... She told us not to worry as she has already signed it and that is why she also photocopied and gave us our receipts... :) :)

Thanked GOD and all friends for their prayers and wishes....
Hopefully the last trip to Baltimore, we thought and bid adieu...

Wishing all of our Waiting friends a smooth sail and a speedy approval.... Thanks again to each and every one for their time and support....

Not yet ready to sign off....
Best wishes,
V!:)

congrats Gc4us,

Everything is taken care off. That is really good to hear......

All the Best for your future..

GlenMD

saurnav said:
GlenMD,

One question - I noticed that you were fingerprinted on I-551 form at the interview. Did your wife also give FP on I-551 form at the interview. Will appreciate your reply. Thanks.

=== Congrats for the interview. It is hear that everything went well.

=== Comming to my wife's approval letter, still we are waiting for it. As you know the finger print was taken and the response was received on the same day. I am hoping that we should receive during this week....

=== I was also fingerprint and wrote name in the I-551 form and also IIO asked her also to fingerprint and wrote her name.